ENBoost setting for fixing water?

Katarsi

Question

I have an issue that's been plaguing me regarding water. Regardless of the weather or water mod, when the weather is overcast the water has dark streaks in it, the water mist is dark and it generally looks like pollution. Depending on the intensity of cloudy weather, it can even turn black. The water itself is clear, but the effects on it (foam, mist) are hideously murky.

Besides that, I've also noticed that certain fog effects become dark in the same manner, including some dark snowflakes.

I tried troubleshooting this issue various times and found that many other people experience it, but no one has found a solid solution so far.

I've often been given an advice regarding ENB settings, something about particles, light influence and ambient influence.

The thing is, I don't use full ENB, but merely ENBoost to enhance the performance of my game. My laptop can't bear the brunt of full ENB, so I've never used it and I its settings aren't familiar to me. Besides, ENBoost on its own seems to lack most of those settings.

In enblocal.ini there is a setting UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true. If I switch it to false, I can see ENB effects in-game. I can open ENB console with Shift+Enter, but I can't use it. I have two cursors and both simply ignore the ENB console, clicking on things in the game, pulling out my weapon and swinging. I should also mention that I'm using a controller to play. And even if I switch to the keyboard via in-game settings, nothing changes.

So I have ENBoost which is not actually full ENB and I don't know whether it can help at all - even if I manage to access it, and I have polluted water which I can't get rid of no matter what I do.

If anyone can help, provide guidance or advice, please do.

Does ENB show up when you run the game from there (directly launching the skse64_loader.exe)?

Yes, it's still like the second picture. Mind you, when I hit Shift+Enter, nothing happens. I just don't know why there is a difference between the initializing image and the one that shows up when the main menu loads. Everything indicates that ENB really isn't there anymore, but the image is still the same as when I activated it.

I'm confused. Perhaps I'll just install something to reduce bloom (because .ini settings on their own aren't doing anything).

Update on my situation:

I validated Skyrim files through Steam. Still the same. Apparently the game isn't corrupted, this is how the visuals are now. 

Edited by Katarsi

If there is no text appearing at the top left, it isn't ENB. If you have an image adjustment that takes a second to realize itself, perhaps you are using an injected visual graphics mod?

I'm not sure what you mean. A lighting mod? 

This is what I use:

-Cathedral Weathers

-Relighting Skyrim

-Quick Light

-ELE

-Imaginator

I used them all before and they produced the image I wish to go back to. Relighting Skyrim, Quick Light, ELE and Imaginator have been in my mod list since forever, only weathers had changed over time.

I also have SSE Engine Fixes, if that is of any relevance.

I might add that at one point (recently) I had Luminosity, but it made interiors too bright comparing to ELE; the latter is much more realistic and plays really well with Relighting Skyrim.

When I installed Luminosity, however, I also installed the misc Light Editor - these files: JW_Light_Editor.pas and mteFunctions.pas, which are placed in Edit Scripts folder of SSEEdit. I forgot about them when I removed Luminosity, but eventually I remembered and removed them. Could it be that those files have done some damage? Removing them didn't change anything.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything else. The only thing that "injected" changes in my image was ENBoost which is now gone. Do you perhaps have a suggestion on what files I might be looking for? I'm already scouring my Skyrim directory to find the culprit as it is.

Thank you for still bearing with me, DoubleYou, I really appreciate it.  ::):

I don't know everything, but in my experience when at startup there is a noticeable change in graphics as the game loads, it happens from an outside injector, such as Reshade, Radeon Pro, Sweetfx, ENB, and the like. I am curious, however, if it may just be a graphics driver issue. It doesn't sound like you are seeing ENB loading, as you would be seeing the ENB startup text if you did. Also, the files for ENB are not present. I would recommend that you uninstall and reinstall your graphics driver first to see if that is not the issue.