Will there be any conflicts when using DDSopt and LOD Gen?

xHayashi

Question

Hello all, I consider myself somewhat adequate when it comes to modding as I have been trying to mod Fallout 3 for the past few weeks. I am almost done as I have finally finalized all the mods I would wish to use in Fallout 3. I was looking to optimize my textures with DDSopt and am currently learning how.

However, I also stumbled across a guide that suggests me to use the FO3 LOD Gen for better performance as well. I have a lot of texture mods and am running the Atmos ENB on my game. Upon having the ENB installed, I noticed that my game will have sudden FPS drops from 50-60 to 30-40ish in very particular areas of the map. Considering the age of this game and my high end PC, I know this shouldnt be a problem, but I am also aware of the fact that the game is running on an old and buggy engine with limits on how much processing power it can utilize from machines today. Regardless, I was aiming to hopefully remedy these FPS drops for smoother game play and would just love to know:
1. Will there by a significant FPS boost in using DDSopt (or more accurately, fix the random FPS drops in particular areas in fallout 3)?

2. Will there by a significant FPS boost in using LOD Gen?

3. If both can be used together? And will it fix the same problem I stated in my first question (the random FPS drops)?

Regardless, thank you in advance for your help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet