Dread's Skyrim Build (a STEP build)

Some updates to the Github Pages site, https://dreadflopp.github.io/dreads_modlist_patches/

After some tweaking and testing, the table of contents is finally usable. I will try to tweak the theme, especially the sidebar, some more and edit the color theme.

This link does not work, it returns to a 404 error (Site not found).

I can only access it with the readme.

https://github.com/dreadflopp/dreads_modlist_patches/blob/master/README.md

Nice guide btw, I'm just starting with it, trying something different after STEP LE. :)

Edited by viper37

Nice guide btw, I'm just starting with it, trying something different after STEP LE. :)

Github pages failed to build late last night, it will be back up with a new, better STEP:ish theme, hopefully within an hour if everything works.

Need some more time to figure out why I can't get Github pages to build the site, I have tested the site in another repo and it works fine, just some polish needed. Use this link until I figured it out:

https://dreadflopp.github.io/guide-test/

• +1 1

Need some more time to figure out why I can't get Github pages to build the site, I have tested the site in another repo and it works fine, just some polish needed. Use this link until I figured it out:

https://dreadflopp.github.io/guide-test/

Much easier on the eyes :)

The mod "Silver arrows" has been deleted from Nexus though.

Edited by viper37

Much easier on the eyes :)

The mod "Silver arrows" has been deleted from Nexus though.

Hi again dreadflopp, just wanted to drop by and mention a little immersive mod "called Simply bigger giants and mammoths", does what it says on the tin:)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

The guide and the patches has been split into two different repos. The link to the patches remains the same. The link to the updated guide is here:

Edited by dreadflopp

A couple of suggestions based on reading other parts of the forum...

Skyrim Vanilla overhaul textures projet

by - Lupus Hegemonia.

Despite the name, it appears it is not strictly vanilla, but it really looks good.  And there's  a bunch of other textures on his site too, some of them look better than what is provided in S.T.E.P or in your guide, imho.  Just a cursory look though, I haven't and can't yet play with them.

NPC AI process position fix

This one seems to work better than closing time.  I've replaced closing time with this for my next playthrough, I'll see how it goes.

Any reason why you are not using this more modern mod that seems to do the same thing?

360 Movement Behavior SE

Again, thanks for all the work :)

Edited by viper37

A couple of suggestions based on reading other parts of the forum...

Skyrim Vanilla overhaul textures projet

by - Lupus Hegemonia.

This seems to be a mix of new textures as well as a compilation of other texture mods. The author states that he/she haven't asked for permissions to use them ("I believe they will be fine") and a quick google search revealed that the author actually is banned from the Nexus for stealing textures. If you check the list of authors getting credits, you'll see that many of the included textures are already in STEP or in my build like CaBaL120, Gamiwich, Kajuan and T4gtr34um3r. I won't put this in the build, but if you would like to, you should replace SRO with it and probably uninstall the landscape/flora/tree/mountain mods from the guide.

NPC AI process position fix

This one seems to work better than closing time.  I've replaced closing time with this for my next playthrough, I'll see how it goes.

I saw this and it will replace Closing Time in the guide. Let me know if you have any troubles with it.

I will look into it, always happy for suggestions, especially regarding character animations which imo are hard to compare against each other.

This seems to be a mix of new textures as well as a compilation of other texture mods. The author states that he/she haven't asked for permissions to use them ("I believe they will be fine") and a quick google search revealed that the author actually is banned from the Nexus for stealing textures. If you check the list of authors getting credits, you'll see that many of the included textures are already in STEP or in my build like CaBaL120, Gamiwich, Kajuan and T4gtr34um3r. I won't put this in the build, but if you would like to, you should replace SRO with it and probably uninstall the landscape/flora/tree/mountain mods from the guide.

I saw this and it will replace Closing Time in the guide. Let me know if you have any troubles with it.

I will look into it, always happy for suggestions, especially regarding character animations which imo are hard to compare against each other.

Duh!

I tried looking at the Nexus for his nick but didn't find anything.  I had actually downloaded it all, but if he was banned for stealing other people's work, it's a no-no for my personal use.  Permissions can be a gray zone sometimes, with past authors not being reachable, but theft, no.  Thanks for pointing it out.

As soon as I finish my setup I will test the animations, see if it works for me, as well as the other mod.  And yes, I know, it is extremely hard to compare one animation to another, in all kind of settings.

Hi Dread, I setup your modlist and thought it was great! I was wondering how modular it is in terms of the game mechanic overhauls. For example; adding in ccor/caco and the enai suite.

It is very modular, meaning that you can use any of the included mods in almost any combination you want. But if you add other mods that are not in the guide you may have to do some conflict resolution yourself. If you use ccor you will have to use waccf. There are patches on kryptopyrs patch hub that solves all major conflicts but there will most probably be inconsistencies in your game. Weapons added by weapon or quest mods won't have the stats for dwarven, elven and orcish weapons switched. Waccf and caco conflicts with skill overhauls. The conflicts can be solved by loading the mods that you want the changes from last in most cases. If you use these mods you will have to use a bashed patch.

If you want to use Enai's mods, remove the mods by SimonMagus. Enai's mods (except for Wintermyst/Summermyst) rarely needs any patches.

Minor change in the instructions for your next update:

Dawnguard Hoods

Install the main file. Delete the plugin Dawnguard Hoods + WACCF.esp

I believe one of the updates remove this, since there is no such plugin in the mod.

• Version 1.4
    • Textures have been remastered by cthunsthrall. In his words:

"I removed the BC1 compression artifacts, AI upscaled the diffuse and normal maps, cleaned up the metallic map to remove the environment mapping on the cloth, and I guess most importantly added an alpha channel to hide the nightingale hood mask in the ground model."
  • Version 1.3
    • Eliminated a number of harmless errors displayed in xEdit caused by an incomplete integration of WACCF/CCOR keywords.
  • Version 1.2
    • Removed Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered as a hard master file. WACCF/CCOR keywords are still present, and will take effect if you use those mods (and I strongly encourage you to do so). If you don't, they'll still be there but will have no impact on the game.