Getting a crosshatch pattern of landscape LOD's loading in after updating LODs

tweedledumb99

Question

Hi there,

I recently updated my LOD's (not DynDOLOD itself) using the clean save method outlined in the manual. However, when I started playing, every time landscape LOD's would load in, I was getting a crosshatch pattern on the texture as it loaded in, where any given LOD's texture looked like it was made up of differently-bright squares, so that each square is beside squares of a very different level of brightness: with the result that any loading-in texture ends up looking like a checkerboard.  This is pretty distracting and visually ugly as heck.

It wasn't doing this before I updated my LOD's, and I've updated my LOD's at least a dozen times before without this happening - though, interestingly, this is the first time I've done the clean save update method and the first time I've run into this visual glitch.

Does anyone know what might cause this and how I might fix it?

Edit: would it have anything to do with running xLODGen wrong or TexGen?

Edited by tweedledumb99

2 answers to this question

It sounds like you are talking about terrain LOD textures generated with xLODGen.

However, at the same time you mentioned clean saves and TexGen. Obviously a clean save is not required for terrain, object or tree LOD, which are just meshes and textures.

Since TexGen updates a select list of object LOD textures it obviously has no impact on terrain LOD generation.

It wasn't doing this before I updated my LOD's, and I've updated my LOD's at least a dozen times before without this happening

If xLODGen generated terrain LOD textures fine before then something obviously changed. Either settings or maybe you installed a mod that changed landscape textures.

Identify the change.

Post a screenshot.

Edited by sheson

Hmm, it seems this is only a problem in Wyrmstooth specifically, can't reproduce it in Tamriel. Will try reverting to an older version of Wyrmstooth xLODGen fiiles to see if that addresses it.

Edit: I haven't been to Wyrmstooth before, so it's possible this has always been the case and that I'm just now finding out about it.

Edited by tweedledumb99