Unofficial High Resolution Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

Neovalen

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concering the official HRDLC obtainable only from Steam:

My understanding of it from testing myself and from reading other peoples issues and solutions to this is as follows.

When using the HRDLC by itself it seems fine ( as long as your using an "optimized" version of it, much like this particular mod )

Using it without running an optimized version is when the problems begin, I've read in many places that using the unoptimized version causes memory spikes among many other issues

Some reports were that using this with mods which ultimately override the HRDLC files causes bigger issues because even though all the assets from this file are no longer used they are still being rendered/called upon and this is what causes most if not all of the stutter and fps reductions

Other reports are that users of Skyrim HD 2K are being told to use the HRDLC alongside the mod and this causes huge problems for many users for which the solution was to disable the HRDLC completely.

Concering the official HRDLC obtainable only from Steam:

My understanding of it from testing myself and from reading other peoples issues and solutions to this is as follows.

When using the HRDLC by itself it seems fine ( as long as your using an "optimized" version of it, much like this particular mod )

Using it without running an optimized version is when the problems begin, I've read in many places that using the unoptimized version causes memory spikes among many other issues

Some reports were that using this with mods which ultimately override the HRDLC files causes bigger issues because even though all the assets from this file are no longer used they are still being rendered/called upon and this is what causes most if not all of the stutter and fps reductions

Other reports are that users of Skyrim HD 2K are being told to use the HRDLC alongside the mod and this causes huge problems for many users for which the solution was to disable the HRDLC completely.

The highlighted part would not apply to MO since it uses a virtual system and the only assets the game would even see are the final ones picked and presented by MO. The game would not even be aware the assets were even there to begin with. Using the game or NMM to manage the assets might be a different story.