Unofficial High Resolution Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

Neovalen

Last one, promise.

v1.1.9 - (2014-10-11)

Mesh and Texture Fixes

• Dead salmon (on dinner plates etc) were missing proper alpha layering for the tails. (texturesclutterdeadanimalssalmon01.dds)
  • The LOD atlas texture for Solstheim needed to be updated to include the UDBP fix for Miraak's Temple. (texturesterraindlc2solstheimworldobjectsdlc2solstheimworld.objects_n.dds, texturesterraindlc2solstheimworldobjectsdlc2solstheimworld.objects.dds) (Bug #17196)
  • Hearthfire quarry stones had a hi-res normal map but no hi-res color map was created to go with it, which resulted in severe pixelation. (textures_byohclutterresourcesstonequarry01.dds) (Bug #17715)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll use the Archives tab in MO to enable the HRDLC and this mod. Since the plugins are just to load the BSAs you don't need them active since MO can take care of that for you.

Yes I have it like this, like I stated above.

[]HighResTexturePack01.esp

[]HighResTexturePack02.esp

[]HighResTexturePack03.esp

[]Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

are all disabled in plugins 

but

Enabled in Archives

Yet I still get 3 warnings from LOOT about this mod needing 01-03 active.

EDIT: I should have posted this in LOOT because it seams an error in the new version.

Edited by Silverpanther34

Don't know whether I'd call that an error with the LOOT messages, rather just the way LOOT is conveying information.

Those four plugins are shown as not active, they will lack a checkmark beside their names, but the information listed with them is relevant to how they should be enbled, if you so choose.

The same thing can be seen with any plugins that have requirements for other plugins. If those requirements are not met, the message will be shown.

Could LOOT be improved by showing those messages ONLY when the plugin is active? Possibly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have installed this patch as recommended. Disabled the .eps and ticked it in the archives tab. Now sometimes when I start MO and check the archives the patch is unticked again.

archives.jpg

plugins.jpg

plugins2.JPG

Don't know why this happens, this patch is the only file that uses a checkbox I can activate/deactivate - the other .bsa files checkboxes are greyed out.

It happens when I change MO profiles. It is enough to just chnage the profiles without doing anything else.

Did I install something not correctly, I don't see any changes ingame, don't get warnings... any idea?

Edited by BUBISHI

This is a minor bug in the profile changing code, if a BSA is de-activated in the previous profile it isn't re-activated on switching to a new profile.

As you mention you only see this on switching profiles so we simply need to get into the habit of checking the 'Archives' tab to ensure ALL BSAs are active.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with z on the resolution. Noone plays the game without the hires textures.

You'll be pleased to know that I am one such person that does not and will never use the High Res DLC, They don't look any better than the base game if you ask me, your opinions may differ but I find the HD DLC to be unoptimized and rather ugly looking and it increases ram & vram usage tenfold when installed, so No, not everyone plays this game with them installed ::D:

And yes before you ask I have tried using the optimized versions and they are honestly no better.

Edited by Rebel47

You'll be pleased to know that I am one such person that does not and will never use the High Res DLC, They don't look any better than the base game if you ask me, your opinions may differ but I find the HD DLC to be unoptimized and rather ugly looking and it increases ram & vram usage tenfold when installed, so No, not everyone plays this game with them installed ::D:

And yes before you ask I have tried using the optimized versions and they are honestly no better.

Uh, maybe you need to have your eyes checked if you can't tell between say 512 and 1k textures on for example walls.

Also arguing about VRAM usage with 3GB graphic card is... special.

Using higher resolution textures has nothing to do with RAM. I don't think you even know what you're talking about (I don't even want to elaborate on your idea of HRDLC textures being unoptimized - whatever you believe that means).

Edited by Octopuss

Eyes are fine thanks, but as we are different people we have differing opinions on what looks good and what doesn't, and this is one such result of that different thinking.

There was no argument (unless your trying to make one that is) I simply stated what has been a result for me in the past (not with my current Graphics Card) and what has been widely reported by users of many mod sites including both Loverslab and the Nexus.

So despite the fact that everything that gets visually rendered in a DX9 game being mirrored into System Ram your saying that none of it affects Ram usage at all, I find this hard to believe.

HRDLC is unoptimized in the sense that using it alongside mods which change visual aspects of the game will result in ridiculously poor performance, removing it and running with just the mods seems to solve the issues and look much better.

Again all the above is not only my personal opinion on this but is also been tried, tested and verified by many other users of varying degrees of skill with regards to installing mods.

Edited by Rebel47

HRDLC is unoptimized in the sense that using it alongside mods which change visual aspects of the game will result in ridiculously poor performance, removing it and running with just the mods seems to solve the issues and look much better.

Again all the above is not only my personal opinion on this but is also been tried, tested and verified by many other users of varying degrees of skill with regards to installing mods.

I find this curious since STEP uses the HRDLC alongside other mods and anyone with a GeForce 700 series or higher can achieve a rock solid 60FPS in most circumstances. That alone, at face value, seems to oppose what you're saying here.

This is getting off topic so I'll split it out if we want to continue this discussion.