Unofficial High Resolution Patch (by Unofficial Patch Project Team)

Neovalen

It makes the Fix redundant but does not optimize the textures as Vano89 does with his mod.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Will need to reactivate that one then and let BOSS mess with the load order.

By the way, this is addressed in the DLC section of the Skyrim Installation guide (which includes multiple options that use combinations of Vano's mod and some other optimization techniques) and in the HRDLC section of the DDSopt and Texture Overhaul guide (which discusses repairs to the HRDLC including the Unofficial High Resolution Patch as well as the use of Vano's mod).
I looked in the DLC section, and unfortunately, at least to me, this was not clear -- there really is very little about the new UHRP in this section (no links to the download page on Nexus yet, either).  Not surprising considering it came out only a few days ago.  I had checked the wiki on Sunday or Monday and at that point I didn't see anything about it at all.  Suggestion: A "tab" for the Unofficial Patches might not be a bad thing to add to the Skyrim Installation page of the wiki.  They might be mods, but they are in a class of their own, so to speak. It would be an easy place to locate all the information regarding all 5 UPs.

Unfortunately the DDSopt guide and procedures are a bit over my head and not something that I'm using. I try to stay out of that section of the wiki as it tends to confuse me more than anything else.  I'm already using 3 new utilities to re-mod my game, and that's already pushing my skills, lol. Please remember that there are going to be folks with different levels of computer knowledge using this site.  Not everyone is going to feel comfortable delving that deep into things.

That being said, I always look in multiple locations before taking the time to ask a question on any forum.  So, if I'm asking, it means that I have exhausted searching and still haven't found an answer to my question.  Apologies if you felt I was wasting people's time.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes the Fix redundant but does not optimize the textures as Vano89 does with his mod.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the quick reply.

Will need to reactivate that one then and let BOSS mess with the load order.

By the way, this is addressed in the DLC section of the Skyrim Installation guide (which includes multiple options that use combinations of Vano's mod and some other optimization techniques) and in the HRDLC section of the DDSopt and Texture Overhaul guide (which discusses repairs to the HRDLC including the Unofficial High Resolution Patch as well as the use of Vano's mod).
I looked in the DLC section, and unfortunately, at least to me, this was not clear -- there really is very little about the new UHRP in this section (no links to the download page on Nexus yet, either).  Not surprising considering it came out only a few days ago.  I had checked the wiki on Sunday or Monday and at that point I didn't see anything about it at all.  Suggestion: A "tab" for the Unofficial Patches might not be a bad thing to add to the Skyrim Installation page of the wiki.  They might be mods, but they are in a class of their own, so to speak. It would be an easy place to locate all the information regarding all 5 UPs.

Unfortunately the DDSopt guide and procedures are a bit over my head and not something that I'm using. I try to stay out of that section of the wiki as it tends to confuse me more than anything else.  I'm already using 3 new utilities to re-mod my game, and that's already pushing my skills, lol. Please remember that there are going to be folks with different levels of computer knowledge using this site.  Not everyone is going to feel comfortable delving that deep into things.

That being said, I always look in multiple locations before taking the time to ask a question on any forum.  So, if I'm asking, it means that I have exhausted searching and still haven't found an answer to my question.  Apologies if you felt I was wasting people's time.

My comment was intended to let you know where there might be some additional information that helps you in case you hadn't already seen it. I'm glad you had already found these.

It looks like the link I put on the DLC page to the UHRP was accidentally removed; I added it back in.  I agree the DDSopt guide isn't something that everyone will want to use in its current form. Running DDSopt is fairly straightforward, but deciding when to use it and when to not use it is the hard part.

For all the guides here there are questions of how much detail should be in each guide. Some prefer keeping guides short, in which case they contain all the instructions on what to do but not as much about why, while others want enough detail so users can make informed choices. We are looking at finding a way to allow users to take a more direct path through a guide without reading all of the additional material, but having that material there when you want to read it.

The combination of the UHRP and the textures in the STEP mods do make the previous Fix and Tweak mods unnecessary as all the textures they add would be replaced.

• 1 month later...

If you use the full 1024 textures from Hi-Res DLC Optimized is there any need to run the ESP for this mod? Would you still use it in my case?

I don't believe you need the ESP if you extract the textures.
Thanks for the reply. I actually asked on Nexus (on optimized texture page) and got an answer. You are correct that you disable the ESP files. They are just an activator for the BSAs. You also don't need the BSAs since 1024 takes the place of the DLC in essence. For people who can't handle it, or just want better performance. Like me =)

• 4 weeks later...

Note: I've read all the things, and searched all the things, now asking for some clarity.

I am a performance STEP user, but the section on High-Res DLC and its Patch is unclear even reading as anything but the extreme STEP user (who doesn't venture into Vano's optimized version).

STEP recommends that I use Vano's HRDLC optimized. - https://wiki.step-project.com/HRDLC_Optimized

Within that recommendation it says to "Also install the "Compatible Version" optional". This is actually called "unofficial high res PATCH --Compatible version--" in Vano's nexus download page.

Questions:

1) as a performance user, using the HRDLC optimized by Vano, do I install his "UHRP--Compatible version--" and the normal UHRP by the Unofficial Patch Project Team.

2) What would the install & load order be? currently unofficial patches are all at 2.D.15-2.D.19.

3) Would I simply use the compatible version patch in place of the normal UHRP (STEP install order 2.D.19)

4) OR would I install both the compatible version by Vano AND the normal UHRP by the Patch Project Team??

Further Questions:

It was said in this thread that the UHRP makes the "fixes" unnecessary.

5) which fixes? all three of the optional DDSopt fixes suggested in the HRDLC tab?

6) if using Vano's Optimized HRDLC and compatible Patch, what DDSopt fixes are still recommended?

I think this section has a great deal of side branches for the user, and it is unclear if certain processes are still necessary depending on if you are a performance user (using Vano's DLC, etc) or an extreme user (using the raw HRDLC and Patch by patch team).

links:

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1712&page=2 - forum about UHRP

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31255 - UHRP

https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Installation#tab=HRDLC - STEP HRDLC tab

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9080 - UHRP optimized by Vano

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There has been an update. Two fixes:

Dead Briarheart bodies (after the heart is taken) have mismatched texture coloring. Hi-res texture fix in synch with the vanilla texture fix in USKP 1.3.3. (textures\armor\briarheart\malebodybriarheart.dds) (Bug #13036)

Stone farmhouse walls had a seam in the texture caused by a bad row of pixels in the normal map. (textures\architecture\farmhouse\stonewall01_n.dds) (Bug #13092)

• 3 months later...

Updated to 1.1.5.

Changelog:

Mesh and Texture Fixes

Texture set CityBannerMarkarth had a generic placeholder texture with the word "Markarth" on it. This has been replaced with a proper banner texture for the city. (Textures\Clutter\CityBannerMarkarth01.dds) (Bug #13269)

• 4 weeks later...

I generally unpack all bsas, so can I safely disable the plugin from the patch?

I also am not sure the previous version I had required the hires texture pack's esms. I don't remember disabling it before, and I definitely don't remember seeing an error due to missing masters (I got the textures repacked like most others I guess).

I generally unpack all bsas, so can I safely disable the plugin from the patch?

I also am not sure the previous version I had required the hires texture pack's esms. I don't remember disabling it before, and I definitely don't remember seeing an error due to missing masters (I got the textures repacked like most others I guess).

The only ones that allow you to disable plugins have a little broom icon next to the esp.

• 5 months later...

Unofficial High Resolution Patch update

v1.1.8 - (2014-07-31)

Mesh and Texture Fixes

• 3 floor pelts have inverted normal map channels causing the hair to look like it's pointing downward to the floor. (texturesarchitecturefarmhousepelt01_n.dds, texturesarchitecturefarmhousepelt02_n.dds, texturesarchitecturefarmhousepelt03_n.dds) (Bug #15858)

Doesn't affect STEP since we use AMB farmhouses for those textures. Would be interesting to compare them now that is fixed.