.NET Script Framework (by meh321)

TechAngel85

36 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

I like the idea that they give us something for the"aniversary", and i think the added content is rather good.That said...

1. To avoid all this confusion within the community they should have released the "update" as one DLC file called AE (or something) so it would be clear when looking in MO2/Vortex.

2. The "Aniversary Upgrade" should not have been released as a package on STEAM. They should just have set the prize to zero in the cc shop or what that thing is called.

What they have done now will make it very messy for some time now, and especialkly so for the STEP Guide. Fur us, used to modding, we know how th adapt, work around and what not. But new players that want to mod the PC versin will be very confused. I mean, having someone new to modding doing a downgrade is not opti. I see people asking if textures mods are AE compatible. That is the knowlege level for most mod users.

Agree the rollout was crap. More thought to marketing and 'bling' than practical use and articulation with SSE. AE should be a pure and separate DLC instead of having been conflated with the SSE update. Game marketers always make game versions very confusing for the user. They are only interested in selling the latest content or upselling/cross-selling existing content. They have no interest that aligns with their users. just thinking about it makes me crabby. :cursing:

8 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I think some of you are forgetting they reencoded the game with newer tech...they couldn't have released it as a DLC.

True. But they did release a raw update to SSE just beforehand. If that happened 6 months ago, then the CC content would be a DLC if introduced last month, no?

At the risk of sounding cynical, I suspect the switch to a newer toolset (Visual Studio) for AE was not borne out of a desire to improve anything, but was rather a requirement from Microsoft to release AE on the latest Xbox consoles. Let's not forget BGS is now part of MS. After all, all the CC content packaged with AE was already available for SE 1.5.x and was designed/supported for SE. Skyrim 1.6.x on PC is just a side-effect, and as usual PC users got the shorter end of the stick :)

23 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

At the risk of sounding cynical, I suspect the switch to a newer toolset (Visual Studio) for AE was not borne out of a desire to improve anything, but was rather a requirement from Microsoft to release AE on the latest Xbox consoles. Let's not forget BGS is now part of MS. After all, all the CC content packaged with AE was already available for SE 1.5.x and was designed/supported for SE. Skyrim 1.6.x on PC is just a side-effect, and as usual PC users got the shorter end of the stick :)

Also true. But they still could have juxtaposed the releases and loosed the CC content as DLC. More deliberative (and considerate) approach it would seem.

Probably. It's all speculation and venting, though, unless someone can have a chat with Todd. :laugh: They're being WAY more open about development since being acquired. Compare Starfield vs any of their past releases. They will usually tease the name and maybe give you a small hint of details, but Bethesda has traditionally been completely hushed beyond that until six months before the game releases. Starfield, under the MS umbrella now, has not followed suit. We know and have seen way more from Starfield than we normally would have.

I think Bethesda had to include the Windows Store integration library and this library requires building with Visual Studio 2017 or later. Skyrim was originally built using Visual Studio 2015, so Bethesda decided to use Visual Studio 2019 (the latest version available at the time) for the 1.6/Anniversary Edition release.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Arel said:

How can I use .Net Script Framework with 1.6.xxx ? Is downgrading a viable option?

It's not compatible with 1.6.xxx (although it doesn't seem to cause any obvious issue if enabled). To use it, you will either need to downgrade or wait for an update/replacement.

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It's not compatible with 1.6.xxx (although it doesn't seem to cause any obvious issue if enabled). To use it, you will either need to downgrade or wait for an update/replacement.

I am busy with downgrading right now :D some people told me downgrading is not good. Are they right?

4 minutes ago, Arel said:

I am busy with downgrading right now :D some people told me downgrading is not good. Are they right?

I have both 1.597 and 1.6xx on the same box and can hot-swap the two. I never used the downgrade patcher, because I backed up my entire game dir before the update, so I don't know if there are any issues. We have topics on downgrade and how to get grass LOD to work properly under 1.6.xxx.

I find myself never using 1.5.97 though except to generate a grass cache.

4 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I have both 1.597 and 1.6xx on the same box and can hot-swap the two. I never used the downgrade patcher, because I backed up my entire game dir before the update, so I don't know if there are any issues. We have topics on downgrade and how to get grass LOD to work properly under 1.6.xxx.

I find myself never using 1.5.97 though except to generate a grass cache.

That is interesting. Do you not need the mods that use .NET Script Framework? And other mods that is for v1.5.97 can you still use them as well?

5 minutes ago, Arel said:

That is interesting. Do you not need the mods that use .NET Script Framework? And other mods that is for v1.5.97 can you still use them as well?

NGIO requires .NET FW, and the grass cache script from that provides the CGID files needed by DynDOLOD.

I use essentially the same mod list in both Skyrim versions (disabling those in SAE taht are not compatible) and use 1.5.97 to gen my cache that I then use in SAE.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

If SKSE is loading .NET Script Framework, SKSE detects the AE version header is missing or incorrect and rejects it. You should see some information in one of the SKSE logs, but this information apparently isn't exposed anywhere else that I've seen.