Mountain LOD Problem

Icarusu

Question

hello

https://imgur.com/a/BBOwYWe

im having a problem here where the far away parts of the lands are grey-ish while its supposed to be green/orange like where i'm standing, does anyone know what causes this? some parts are even like really bad

i have installed for mountains and landscapes: vivid landscapes, landscapes overhaul hd, majestic moutains  darkside, majestic mounatins lod pack, majestic mountains northside

i am totally sure i installed everything correctly, i even followed this video right here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gu8inzs09s step by step, making sure to note all advices.

also, are the trees supposed to look like that? i heard someone say there was ''very few places where you could still see 2d trees'' and yet i can still see most of them from these open parts of the game.

using obsidian weathers.

2 answers to this question

You seem to be asking some specific questions based on third party instructions. If you have problems with third party instructions you need to ask their author/appropriate forum/discord.

LOD generation uses the model and textures that are installed in the load order.

Only near LOD mountains use the actual full mountain texture. Distant LOD mountains use pre-rendered LOD textures that can not be automatically updated by TexGen. If you use a mod that replaces the mountain textures, it requires the pre-rendered mountains LOD texture to be updated as well if they should match.

The screenshots might show a short LOD distance. Increase LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM or directly in the INIs/Launcher/BethINI

The screenshots seem to show a bright Snow LOD shader. See https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14577-dark-distant-mountainssnow-lods

The ultra tree LOD the manual explains that the log contains a detailed report for each tree which billboards and 3D LOD models where found and used for each LOD level.

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees 

A: If the billboard tree LOD seems overly dark or bright, use the tree LOD brightness setting on the advanced options to account for lighting changes made by ENBs or weather mods. 
A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions. 
A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log. 
A: Find better matching billboards for the tree mods or create them. See this video

The screenshot show the weird terrain height drops. Use xLODGen with the Check protect cell border option checked to generate better terrain LOD meshes and also better matching terrain LOD textures.

Edited by sheson

You seem to be asking some specific questions based on third party instructions. If you have problems with third party instructions you need to ask their author/appropriate forum/discord.

LOD generation uses the model and textures that are installed in the load order.

Only near LOD mountains use the actual full mountain texture. Distant LOD mountains use pre-rendered LOD textures that can not be automatically updated by TexGen. If you use a mod that replaces the mountain textures, it requires the pre-rendered mountains LOD texture to be updated as well if they should match.

The screenshots might show a short LOD distance. Increase LOD distances in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM or directly in the INIs/Launcher/BethINI

The screenshots seem to show a bright Snow LOD shader. See https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14577-dark-distant-mountainssnow-lods

The ultra tree LOD the manual explains that the log contains a detailed report for each tree which billboards and 3D LOD models where found and used for each LOD level.

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees do not match close-up full model trees 

A: If the billboard tree LOD seems overly dark or bright, use the tree LOD brightness setting on the advanced options to account for lighting changes made by ENBs or weather mods. 
A: Doublecheck billboards and billboard load order. Open console, click on full model tree to get form id like 000185C7. Lookup this FormID top left in xEdit, bringing up the tree reference in the right pane. Find the form id of the 'NAME - Base', like TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]. Search in Textures\Terrain\LODGen\ subfolders for files with that number, like TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.dds and TreeAspen01_0006A9E6.txt. Replace files with correct versions. 
A: The DynDOLOD log will print a detailed list for each tree which billboard (and 3D LOD model if applicable) it is using. Use the base form id like 0006A9E6 to easily find the entries in the log. 
A: Find better matching billboards for the tree mods or create them. See this video

The screenshot show the weird terrain height drops. Use xLODGen with the Check protect cell border option checked to generate better terrain LOD meshes and also better matching terrain LOD textures.

Oh i see, thanks for your help, i didn't know of this '' xLODGen'' for terrain.