STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.2.0 Beta Release

TechAngel85

Personally, I see that as two different processes, therefore, I'd do them separately so that I could test in between each process.

You might as well add this mod in, if you're going to generate. The only reason it's not a part of the Guide now is because the Terrain LOD section has yet to be added to the Guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30603

Ty for the tip. I will try the full setup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you should check it/leave it checked. I've updated the FOMOD instructions.

Thanks for your report!

The patch for RW2 and Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes is sorted behind the CR and the L&W patch by LOOT. Just thought I mentioned it, in case that was not intended. Though from what I've seen it shouldn't matter. Also one minor thing, the RW2 Fomod instruction update is missing from Post Release Changes section of the 0.2.0b changelog ^^'

The patch for RW2 and Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes is sorted behind the CR and the L&W patch by LOOT. Just thought I mentioned it, in case that was not intended. Though from what I've seen it shouldn't matter. Also one minor thing, the RW2 Fomod instruction update is missing from Post Release Changes section of the 0.2.0b changelog ^^'

Thanks. It should be fine. I also added the RWT update to the Changelog.

Hey @TechAngel85,

Late last year I did a build based on what you had made at link removed due to potential spam/phishing, just to test it out. I see there was a recent update to the mod list there, although annoyingly there's no way to know what was changed on that site.

What are your future plans for using that website, and will it be kept in step with the wiki page?

How much does the STEP v0.2.0b guide differ to what's on ModPicker right now?

I personally don't see any point in the ModPicker website for a project like STEP as it's not as flexible as a wiki. I personally found the Mod Details page (the cog icon) very difficult to work with when trying to configure mods and work out what the ModPicker author had in mind.

Thanks for your thoughts

Also hey @TechAngel85 (apparently you can't edit on the forum),

Since I read that you're the only one really working on the guide now I was wondering if you had considered moving the guide to Github or somewhere else where it's easier to collaborate. That way you could have people raise issues and make contributions (with your approval before adding to the guide) and there might not be such a burden on you. Less to worry about on the website hosting side too.

I'm not sure how much you know Github, but you can have subpages, hyperlinks, images etc. You can use AsciiDoc or Markup (inferior). You make make proper version releases and easily see the differences between releases. I think it would be an improvement and help you out a lot.

If you're interested I'd be willing to write a bit in a throwaway repo to show you what it could look like. Here's an example of a readme with a mix of formatting. Also interested to hear other users' opinions.

Hey @TechAngel85,

Late last year I did a build based on what you had made at ModPicker, just to test it out. I see there was a recent update to the mod list there, although annoyingly there's no way to know what was changed on that site.

What are your future plans for using that website, and will it be kept in step with the wiki page?

How much does the STEP v0.2.0b guide differ to what's on ModPicker right now?

I personally don't see any point in the ModPicker website for a project like STEP as it's not as flexible as a wiki. I personally found the Mod Details page (the cog icon) very difficult to work with when trying to configure mods and work out what the ModPicker author had in mind.

Thanks for your thoughts

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/14588-step-30-development-progress-february-2020/

You're a bit behind on your information.  ^_^ The v0.2.0b Guide is an exact match for the Mod Picker list, for the moment.

The wiki will eventually go away. It's not made to handle what we've built out for it to support the Guide framework. The new CMS that is being built will house the Guide going forward. Mod Picker is being used as a framework to manage our mod lists now, instead of using the wiki. Mod Picker also allows for collaboration. STEP also has its own, private repo that we use for development along with Trello for tracking progress.

As for me being the only one doing Guide-work, I don't really mind it that much. It's a lot of work and that is why few have been interested in diving into the task. Those that do typically don't stick to it for very long. Fewer still have stuck to it long enough to become the highest tiered staff, besides Admin, STEP Staff; who basically run the individual projects as a group in place of the Admin. All of our staff are volunteers, so as the front-end Admin I have the responsibility of running things until others become interested in diving deeper into STEP. It keeps me busy. 

Archived