STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.2.0b - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

I recall Skyrim has a feature that if you kill a 'last witness' your bounty is removed but this has not been happening for me.

I just went around pickpocketing people out in the middle of nowhere. Being caught pickpocketing would incur a bounty, then killing them would not incur a bounty (because no witnesses are around to see it), but the original pickpocket bounty remains.

Edit: Apparently this is a vanilla bug, pickpocket bounties do not disappear on death, even on my unmodded install. Anybody know of a mod that fixes this? These dead bodies keep tattling on me haha.

Edited by SaintBourbon

Also I assume 0.3.0b release is imminent? I found some incorrect info in the 'detailed instructions' of a few mods, but it seems they were changed recently to match the new guide so I assume this is intentional and shouldn't need reporting?

Yes. It will be out this week one way or another. I could probably have it out today, but I'm feeling lazy.  ^_^ ...so it'll likely be in the next couple of days. Since I recently just upgraded to a larger SSD and Windows 10, it afforded me the opportunity to refine the Guide more. The next release should be a pretty smooth experience start to finish. Reinstalled all the tools and Guide from absolutely nothing revealed several instructions throughout the Guide that needed some more love. I'm also rebuilding the Patches from scratch.

Fair warning, the next release is going to require a new game!

Yes. It will be out this week one way or another. I could probably have it out today, but I'm feeling lazy.  ^_^ ...so it'll likely be in the next couple of days. Since I recently just upgraded to a larger SSD and Windows 10, it afforded me the opportunity to refine the Guide more. The next release should be a pretty smooth experience start to finish. Reinstalled all the tools and Guide from absolutely nothing revealed several instructions throughout the Guide that needed some more love. I'm also rebuilding the Patches from scratch.

Fair warning, the next release is going to require a new game!

Can't wait! I was just thinking about starting a new game to try a new build idea, this will give me the perfect excuse to do so.

• +1 1

Can't wait! I was just thinking about starting a new game to try a new build idea, this will give me the perfect excuse to do so.

Main reason is the dropping of ICAIO and adding of AI Overhaul. I would really like some feedback from users on which of these two mods they prefer after using both for some time. AI Overhual is being tested because it seems to be less intrusive and more compatible than ICAIO. Thus far it's been much more simple to patch too.

Main reason is the dropping of ICAIO and adding of AI Overhaul. I would really like some feedback from users on which of these two mods they prefer after using both for some time. AI Overhual is being tested because it seems to be less intrusive and more compatible than ICAIO. Thus far it's been much more simple to patch too.

Sounds great! I was very much enjoying ICAIO in my current playthrough and I'm interested to see how this new one compares. Especially if it is more compatible, as I've had my eye on a few larger scale city mods that I may want to try someday.

Hello. I recently got to the end of my STEP 0.2.0b build and discovered two issues with the guide.

In MO2 I'm getting a "Missing Masters" error for STEP Skyrim SE - CR Patch.esp, which contradicts the guidance laid out in 0.2.0b:

Missing masters:

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp

1. For the Enhanced Blood mod, the STEP guide indicates: "Download and install the _Enhanced Blood Textures SE (LITE VERSION) Main File."

The ESP for the LITE VERSION is "dD - Enhanced Blood Main LITE.esp" and doesn't match the STEP patch requirement. Should we instead install the full version of the Enhanced Blood mod, or rename the ESP?

2. For the SE particle patch for ENB, the STEP guide indicates: "Once the mod is installed users should move the plugin to Optional Plugins in MO. Double-click on the mod and click on the Optional ESPs tab. Under Available ESPs, select the mod's plugin and click the left arrow button to move it to the Optional ESPs pane."

If we do this, then we get the missing masters error. What can be done to rectify this?

Thanks, and I'm happy to help with testing.

Hello. I recently got to the end of my STEP 0.2.0b build and discovered two issues with the guide.

In MO2 I'm getting a "Missing Masters" error for STEP Skyrim SE - CR Patch.esp, which contradicts the guidance laid out in 0.2.0b:

Missing masters:
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp

1. For the Enhanced Blood mod, the STEP guide indicates: "Download and install the _Enhanced Blood Textures SE (LITE VERSION) Main File."

The ESP for the LITE VERSION is "dD - Enhanced Blood Main LITE.esp" and doesn't match the STEP patch requirement. Should we instead install the full version of the Enhanced Blood mod, or rename the ESP?

2. For the SE particle patch for ENB, the STEP guide indicates: "Once the mod is installed users should move the plugin to Optional Plugins in MO. Double-click on the mod and click on the Optional ESPs tab. Under Available ESPs, select the mod's plugin and click the left arrow button to move it to the Optional ESPs pane."

If we do this, then we get the missing masters error. What can be done to rectify this?

Thanks, and I'm happy to help with testing.

I've made some changes for the next release that will be out later today or tomorrow so you might just want to hold off. If not, for EBT install the full version rather than the lite version. Then also don't move the plugin for the Particle Patch. Those changes are made for the next release. EBT Lite is a lot lighter on script load. The Particle Patch will only be used for its assets going forward. The plugin is outdated.

Ok, thanks for the prompt reply.

If we uninstall a STEP CR patch-dependent mod (like Enhanced Blood Textures Lite) and then install a different version (e.g. Enhanced Blood Textures Full), I take it that we need to reinstall the STEP CR patch after switching mods?

I also noticed that despite moving the Particle Patch ESP from Optional to Available, the Missing Master bug remains for that ESP.

Ok, thanks for the prompt reply.

If we uninstall a STEP CR patch-dependent mod (like Enhanced Blood Textures Lite) and then install a different version (e.g. Enhanced Blood Textures Full), I take it that we need to reinstall the STEP CR patch after switching mods?

You don't have to reinstall the Patch. Just install the correct version of the mod and you should be good to go. If for some reason MO isn't detecting a change, right-click on your mod list, go to All mods, and select Refresh.