STEP Skyrim SE Guide v0.2.0b - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

For Improved Traps, 

STEP Recommends: Improved Traps and Mining Makes Noise

However, when I installed Mining Makes Noise, I could no longer customize mining rates in Complete Crafting Overhaul, which also includes a setting for Mining Makes Noise.

For Improved Traps, 

However, when I installed Mining Makes Noise, I could no longer customize mining rates in Complete Crafting Overhaul, which also includes a setting for Mining Makes Noise.

Fixed Improved Traps installation instructions. Thanks for this report!

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone explain the changes made to "The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller" quest? The STEP Patch seems to have changed the note from Delphine at the end of Ustengrav, but then attempting to speak to Delphine offers no additional dialogue choices (she still offers to rent you a normal room, but no attic room). I now have no idea how to continue this quest.

The details of the main quest are documented on the Not so Fast - Main Quest mod page on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2475

You get the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller at the end of the dungeon and can return it to the Graybeards if you want. About two weeks after the Graybeards recognize you as the dragonborn, a courier will deliver a note from Delphine.

Could someone explain the changes made to "The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller" quest? The STEP Patch seems to have changed the note from Delphine at the end of Ustengrav, but then attempting to speak to Delphine offers no additional dialogue choices (she still offers to rent you a normal room, but no attic room). I now have no idea how to continue this quest.

you will receive a letter from Delphine 2 weeks after returning the horn and will be able to continue the quest. it is explained on the mod page (Not So Fast - Main Quest).

Uh oh... I was playing without Not So Fast because it is not marked on the guide as being included in the STEP Patch. In my game the note is placed where the note normally should be, but with changed contents.

According to xEdit, the changes to the note and the quest are from the STEP CR Patch. Perhaps the guide should be updated to indicate that Not So Fast is a requirement for the patch? Also I assume that I'll have to start my game over, or can Not So Fast be safely enabled mid-playthrough?

Uh oh... I was playing without Not So Fast because it is not marked on the guide as being included in the STEP Patch. In my game the note is placed where the note normally should be, but with changed contents.

According to xEdit, the changes to the note and the quest are from the STEP CR Patch. Perhaps the guide should be updated to indicate that Not So Fast is a requirement for the patch? Also I assume that I'll have to start my game over, or can Not So Fast be safely enabled mid-playthrough?

Thanks for catching this. I have it marked now.

You shouldn't have to start over. Just install that mod and see if it'll work. If not, the most that you'll have to do is load a save prior to Ustengrav and replay through that part again. I'm hoping you haven't done much past that point since you noticed the issue and are here. 

• 2 weeks later...

I may be completely wrong, but I can't find any setup instructions for manually adding the SKSE loader to the executables menu in MO. MO didn't do it automatically for me.

There aren't any. It's rare that MO doesn't pick it up. Have you completely closed and reopened MO?

If it's not finding it for whatever reason, it can be added just like any other executable.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the guide's installation order in MO2, Ruins Clutter Improved SE completely overwrites all files in LeanWolf's Improved Enchanter Candle Meshes SE making it obsolete. 

There are detailed instructions for installing Ruin Clutter Improved. You have to hide / delete some files from the mod.