Majestic Mountains (by T4gtr34um3r)

TechAngel85

I wanted to download the mod and was greeted with that message:

Hidden mod

This mod has been set to hidden

Hidden at 01 Nov 2020, 2:27PM by T4gtr34um3r for the following reason:
I'm pretty upset.
I dedicated all my knowledge, time and energy to provide a smooth, fps friendly experience.

And I see people literally raping the image space with their Enb and blaming my textures for the results. Complaining if MM costs their two fps and refusing to read readmes.

I think that it is time to step back and let other ones do their work.

I hope that you will understand that I will disallow any new reupload of my files.

People had their choice and they have chosen.

I wanted to download the mod and was greeted with that message:

Hidden mod

This mod has been set to hidden

Hidden at 01 Nov 2020, 2:27PM by T4gtr34um3r for the following reason:

I'm pretty upset.

I dedicated all my knowledge, time and energy to provide a smooth, fps friendly experience.

And I see people literally raping the image space with their Enb and blaming my textures for the results. Complaining if MM costs their two fps and refusing to read readmes.

I think that it is time to step back and let other ones do their work.

I hope that you will understand that I will disallow any new reupload of my files.

People had their choice and they have chosen.

Guess we will have to find another mountain overhaul unless the situation changes and T4 puts the mod back up again.

• 2 weeks later...

The STEP Guide detailed instructions for this mod has a typo - "Majestic" becomes "Magestic Mountains", and currently the forum link gives a "403 Forbidden" error, instead of linking to this thread.

The xLODGen instructions has the same "Magestic" error.

The STEP Guide detailed instructions for this mod has a typo - "Majestic" becomes "Magestic Mountains", and currently the forum link gives a "403 Forbidden" error, instead of linking to this thread.

The xLODGen instructions has the same "Magestic" error.

I fixed the typo. The forum links are broken, atm. Z has been doing some stuff and changed the link for some reason. I'll wait until I hear from him before I reverse it.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mercury71 said:

T4GTR34UM3R left "Cathedral" today so better keep an eye out if MM or cathedral Landscapes update, they might not be that compatible in the future.

Whaaaat!? Curious what happened. I left the Discord server a while ago because it was getting a bit unmanageable with the number of users and lack of moderation, but I still like all those guys/gals.

Just read though the last couple days of #landscapes channel ... Looks like the classic reasons. People want recognition and the glory of being at the perceived top of the heap. Others compete for that space. Offense is taken, and they go off in their own directions. Ergo, ego wins the day. I've seen it many times.

Hopefully this spurs their creativity and the hostilities fade.

I was on the server last night when he left by writing this (JonnyWang was sad about it):

"Looks like Jonny does his best to be incompatible with me.

I summarize the last two years.
I reduced the amount of Ambient Occlusion in Majestic Mountains and Cathedral reversed the settings. You can even see the line in the Cathedral.ini.
Two years later Cathedral comes up with my AO settings by its own.
Then I got blamed for the snow brightness that was optimized for the Filmic White that Azure Weather is using. And now Jonny comes up with "tadaa": Brighter Snow!

And now he changes the Tundra Grass that it doesn't fit to my textures anymore.

Jonny: -I brought mipfading to Skyrim that helpes a lot witht the snow. - You use it.
             -I baked the Vertex colors into the rock grass. - You use it
             -I baked grass into lod textures. - You used it.

A lot of your stuff is based on my ideas. And you are thanking it like that!

I'm done with Cathedral. Because it was a really toxic one sided relationship.

Btw.

I prefer doing the foliage by my own now.

This is a mid level lod tree with 2600 verts. The close up tree will have about 5000 verts.
This is the fourth or fifth of other tree mods.
These trees will be much faster than Marties', Daves' or Elwaps' trees.
Because they are really handmade. Which is much more efficient.

But neither Majestic Mountains nor any of my other mods will be labeled with Cathedral anymore.

I still wish everyone a good time in Skyrim. A lot of success in your mod projects and a much better year than the last one.

Goodbye!" - END QUOTE

Yeah, I saw that. Lots of bitterness and sarcasm there ... the cathedral concept is all about sharing knowledge and experience. What is freely given should not be conditional on provisions of copious and continuous deference and adoration of the benefactor by the beneficiaries. AFAIK, none of those implied "usurper-competitors" stepped on anything of his or disrespected him openly.

• 5 months later...

Some compares and recommendations from some testing. I think that 2 nif files should be hidden for STEP to allow SMIM to override:

• \meshes\Landscape\rocks\rockpilem02.nif

MM --> SMIM

mm rockpilem02.jpg smim rockpilem02.jpg

• \meshes\Landscape\rocks\rockpiles01.nif

MM --> SMIM

mm rockpiles01.jpg smim rockpiles01.jpg 

We might want to look at the other SMIM meshes to see if they have any issues as well. These ones have simply bothered me long enough to track them down.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Some compares and recommendations from some testing. I think that 2 nif files should be hidden for STEP to allow SMIM to override:

• \meshes\Landscape\rocks\rockpilem02.nif

MM --> SMIM

mm rockpilem02.jpg smim rockpilem02.jpg

• \meshes\Landscape\rocks\rockpiles01.nif

MM --> SMIM

mm rockpiles01.jpg smim rockpiles01.jpg 

We might want to look at the other SMIM meshes to see if they have any issues as well. These ones have simply bothered me long enough to track them down.

Good find ... will update this mod.

• 2 weeks later...