Majestic Mountains (by T4gtr34um3r)

TechAngel85

On 12/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, DoubleYou said:

Another option we could do is just use a normal map from another mod that provides the specular fix. Pardon some changes in my mod setup with this save in the last picture, but this shows the use of the "Whiterun Grass Hotfix" file from aMidianBorn Buildings and Landscapes SE.

• \meshes\Landscape\rocks\rockcliff07.nif

MM unhidden mesh --> MM hidden mesh --> MM unhidden mesh with aMidianBorn normal on the SRO texture

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.08.28 - 11.11.52.55.jpg The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.08.28 - 15.06.16.62.jpg amidian normal.jpg

There is a hotfix on the mod page for this mesh. Was it tested?

Also need to know what was decided about this so I can continue down the list. aMidianBorn Buildings hasn't been added to the Guide so I'm not sure what was decided here.

8 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

There is a hotfix on the mod page for this mesh. Was it tested?

Also need to know what was decided about this so I can continue down the list. aMidianBorn Buildings hasn't been added to the Guide so I'm not sure what was decided here.

The consensus was to use the hotfix file and add that mod

The file is not a mesh, but a normal. While designed for aMidianBorn's wrfieldgrass01.dds diffuse, it seems to work fine with the SRO texture.

image.png

aMidianBorn nomal:

image.png

SRO normal:

image.png

I'm not the most experienced with the effects of normals like this, but the results appear to be okay.

7 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The consensus was to use the hotfix file and add that mod

:no: *smh* There seems to be a lot of missing cleanup and I'm barely down the mod list. This stuff is going to get lost and forgotten about it it's not done right then and there.

So we need to update this mod page to remove the hiding of the 07 mesh or all of them :confusion:, add a new mod page and forum for aMidianBorn Buildings, and then provide whatever instructions for that mod too which I'm not certain of...

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

10 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

The file is not a mesh, but a normal. While designed for aMidianBorn's wrfieldgrass01.dds diffuse, it seems to work fine with the SRO texture.

image.png

aMidianBorn nomal:

image.png

SRO normal:

image.png

I'm not the most experienced with the effects of normals like this, but the results appear to be okay.

The aMidianBorn normal has a fairly strong grass pattern in it that likely matches its diffuse. If there aren't obvious twigs etc, then it will likely be okay...just a bit different pattern in the grass.

9 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I still say hiding the normal is best. We hide files on all kinds of other mods, so it's pretty simple here as well. Beats using a normal that is obviously meant for a different texture.

That would work, if it's the alpha. Vanilla has an alpha. I sent a PM to Starac. The vanilla normal is 1K and that red channel is nothing but artifacts. Would likely look, okay, but likely blurry too.

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

SRO normals are definitely best

Yes, but we can't use that so I was just show what hiding it would look like (vanilla). Obviously the fix would be getting Starac to provide the corrected texture. Until the, we just need to hide the normal from SRO.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Updated instructions to remove hiding the files.

Remember, we need to keep all template calls out of mod pages wherever possible.

This:

{{ui|Merge}}

Can be done instead like this:

<span class=hltx>[Merge]</span>

I took care of it here, but need to replicate elsewhere using the color classes.