Candle Lanterns of the North (by Chesko)

stoppingby4now

"clearinvalidregistrations" is by no means a guaranteed way of cleaning a save file from redundant scripts. The ONLY 100% safe solution is go back to an earlier save without the mod in questions.

I also wouldn't call 1 CTD/h a stable game ;)

I didn't mean to say it is a guaranteed way. I just said it's a good thing to have. 

Also, it's more like 1 Freeze/h. I barely ever a CTD. But again, I call that stable for myself. Others may call that unstable. Either way, I'm happy with it. I have just had stability success by removing script heavy mods in the past so I figured removing this one might help. That's all. 

It's defo good to have that enabled, yeah.

And as long as you're happy with your game, nothing else matters! :)

"clearinvalidregistrations" is by no means a guaranteed way of cleaning a save file from redundant scripts. The ONLY 100% safe solution is go back to an earlier save without the mod in questions.

I also wouldn't call 1 CTD/h a stable game ;)

I didn't mean to say it is a guaranteed way. I just said it's a good thing to have. 

Also, it's more like 1 Freeze/h. I barely ever a CTD. But again, I call that stable for myself. Others may call that unstable. Either way, I'm happy with it. I have just had stability success by removing script heavy mods in the past so I figured removing this one might help. That's all. 

It's defo good to have that enabled, yeah.

And as long as you're happy with your game, nothing else matters! :)

But just so I'm not imagining things, removing scripted mods can help get rid of freezes, right? Even if you use the same save file? I mean on chesko's Candle Lanterns of the North page, it says:

"Waiting 8 days to be positive that all light and glow effects are turned back on is probably a good idea.

After that, you should be able to just uninstall it directly. I have tested a save game that had Candle Lanterns of the North installed, I uninstalled it, and when reloading that save game, all of the static lantern objects were right back where they were. Your experience should be the same."

I can go into great detail here, but i'm getting the feeling from previous posts that it will be ignored or argued against for the most part.

I will say however that bottom line is, and EVEN CHESKO SAYS THIS, there is no such thing as a pure 100% clean uninstall of a scripted mod. it will never happen for skyrim, and if you start a game with a mod installed it is always safer to leave that mod installed. which also means that you have to know that you want every mod in your load order for your entire playthrough when you begin a game.

it might not have any issues for the moment. but there is stuff happening in papyrus that could cause something else to malfunction later. those scripts stay embedded into your save file. this gets more dangerous the more mods you have installed.

well, i went into detail anyway (somewhat). I'm not trying to be rude or mean, these are just facts. it's up to whoever reads this to decide how to use it.

I didn't mean to say that my game is 100% stable or that clearinvalidregistrations is 100% effective. I'm just obsessed with keeping my saved game since I've gotten almost all my skills up to level 100 so I'm just keeping at it. Trying tricks here and there to keep it relatively stable. Sometimes I go 5 hours without a single problem and sometimes I get stuck freezing in a certain area. It just happens. I don't know. I do what I can :P. As long as my Skyrim looks awesome, as it does.