Skyrim Landscape and Water Fixes (by Wizkid34)

D1Z4STR

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Once you move it higher in the list (i.e. give it lower priority), you can then get rid of these hiding instructions which are no longer necessary because SLaWF will now be logically overwritten by all the respective mesh fix mods and other mods that are installed below it and have precedence/preference over SLaWF:

image.png

It makes your life easier, and installation by users simpler. Nice, huh? :)

Yes, thanks. I missed the version instructions.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to have to ask to author. I have no idea why they're moving around a bunch of items in that interior. It's not documented besides saying the patch is needed for a fix they did, however, I don't see any issues with the interior in the CK or game...scope creep on this mod is ridiculous. Honestly, looks like the author is basically using as a dump for any "fixes" they've deemed appropriate.

At any rate, that patch is reverting a light back to vanilla for some reason, which is why I have to ask...why is this mod even touching lights...or interiors for that matter...:ermm: I'm still 100% for dropping this bloated mod. :whistling:

Going back and looking more closely, it looks as though this mod is flipping the interior...the reason is unknown until the author gets back to me.

If I had the time, I would say just drop this thing and let roll any actual fixes into our own mod. It's just become a dumping ground any any arbitrary fix from this author, which may or may not be actual fixes. Many are just "changes", not fixes.

7 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Going back and looking more closely, it looks as though this mod is flipping the interior...the reason is unknown until the author gets back to me.

If I had the time, I would say just drop this thing and let roll any actual fixes into our own mod. It's just become a dumping ground any any arbitrary fix from this author, which may or may not be actual fixes. Many are just "changes", not fixes.

After all this time, it seems like this MAs aren't parsing out the irrelevant changes into separate mods as suggested and is adding more unrelated changes (e.g., farmer/crop ownership). Given all of the mods they have authored, I'm not sure why this one continues to be the target for all of the misc changes.

Anyway, they got back to you on the interior flip, and it makes sense ... but for a separate mod, IMO ("misc interior fixes" mod or something ... in addition to "farmers own crops" mod and others).

It's a shame, because this mod does add relevant fixes ... but I would also consider dropping.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

After all this time, it seems like this MAs aren't parsing out the irrelevant changes into separate mods as suggested and is adding more unrelated changes (e.g., farmer/crop ownership). Given all of the mods they have authored, I'm not sure why this one continues to be the target for all of the misc changes.

Anyway, they got back to you on the interior flip, and it makes sense ... but for a separate mod, IMO ("misc interior fixes" mod or something ... in addition to "farmers own crops" mod and others).

It's a shame, because this mod does add relevant fixes ... but I would also consider dropping.

Yes, the changes make since, but not for this mod; totally agree. WizKid has told me, himself, that he is aware that mod's name doesn't match what the mod is today. I wish they would just rename it to something that makes sense and document better.

As to dropping the mod, I will admit that my main issue is the mod covering a lot more than what is advertised or suggested by its title. Combine that with sparsely detailed changelogs and you end up with a mod that makes a lot of changes that users simply aren't aware that it is making. These changes aren't discovered until compatibility stuff crops up. It just rubs me the wrong way, for some reason.

Anyway, if we keep it, I would say we drop the ownership bloat from the FOMOD (now that it's optional). Also install the RS Patch, as long as it's an ESL. If not, I will simply provide one on the RS page. Right now, the patch is incorrectly...well, patched; which I've notified them of. If they return that their edits are intentional, then I will make a proper patch and put it up on the RS page.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if you had time to further look into this and i don't mean to rush, but if i were to update this mod now, your suggestions for installation would look like this?

SLaWF.thumb.jpg.90f14b8c04b78f9f9c0e179143f874b5.jpg

After installing this (without the CACO patch as suggested in the installer), the file structure still has a scripts folder with a gathering permission script, of which i couldn't find any evidence of a trigger of any sort in the esp. As far as i understood this, choosing the new 'no ownership edits' option would make the scripts obsolete?

SLaWF-Files.thumb.jpg.01e428c2ef88c91545302f7849a1b759.jpg

Edited by CorneliusC

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

I don't know if you had time to further look into this and i don't mean to rush, but if i were to update this mod now, your suggestions for installation would look like this?

SLaWF.thumb.jpg.90f14b8c04b78f9f9c0e179143f874b5.jpg

After installing this (without the CACO patch as suggested in the installer), the file structure still has a scripts folder with a gathering permission script, of which i couldn't find any evidence of a trigger of any sort in the esp. As far as i understood this, choosing the new 'no ownership edits' option would make the scripts obsolete?

SLaWF-Files.thumb.jpg.01e428c2ef88c91545302f7849a1b759.jpg

Your selections look right to me.

They may still include the scripts do to how the have the FOMOD, but it shouldn't have the reference in the plugin to run. It's most likely a quest that runs, which in turn runs the script or chains down to eventually hit the script. I haven't look into it, personally.

23 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I'm curious what that patch is doing now considering the last update of RS should have removed the need for the patch...

23 hours ago, z929669 said:

There's a couple extra options I'm installing to check.

image.png

The RS patch is completely bogus. It's not even touching any RS references.

I updated RS after I complained that their RS patch was incorrect. They told me they'd update it, but was taking forever to do something that should have been done in the first place (2 second to forward a few records). I felt like they weren't being diligent in their patching so I removed the need for the RS patch in the last RS update. Turns out they updated their RS patch anyway... This tells me they're not doing their due diligence in their patching, which makes me want to check the others...

9 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

The RS patch is completely bogus. It's not even touching any RS references.

I updated RS after I complain that their RS patch was incorrect. They told me they'd update it, but was taking forever to do something that should have been done in the first place. I felt like they weren't being diligent in their patching so I removed the need for the RS patch in the last RS update. Turns out they updated their RS patch anyway... This tells me they're not doing their due diligence in their patches, which makes me wan to check the others...

Agree. The ELFX - Exteriors patch changes a mesh to fix holes. It is overwritten by flickering mesh fixes though. Difficult to check this one, since it's a huge mesh. No idea if they also applied the FMF changes to this. Simplest way would be to check in game if you know what FMF fixes and where the 'holes' are. I can't check this anytime soon.

Same goes for the walkwaycwall01.nif fix for SMIM, which is overwritten by BDS in Step

To summarize for me in the interim, with 'No Ownerships Edits' chosen for the main esp the only relevant patch to add would be for 'Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods', and the 'Walkway Wall Fix' chosen for SMIM, which doesn't really matter since the mesh is overwritten anyway ? Thanks ...

Edited by CorneliusC