STEP SE Core Beta Released

TechAngel85

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TechAngel85, excellent guide!  Thank You, again, for your efforts.

I think Line #5 of Install DynDOLOD Resources SE in the DynDOLOD section of the Guide should refer to DynDOLOD Resources SE, and not to DynDOLOD.esp.

Thanks! That line should have read "plugin" instead of "mod".

Make sure DynDOLOD.esp is the last plugin in the load order.

Earlier today I started playing SSE using my completed  STEP SE Core Beta v0.1.0  build.  Steam and SSE were installed on a freshly installed/formatted C: drive, and all mods and tools listed are installed per the Guide.  The only deviation from the Guide was that the highest detail meshes and textures available for each mod were installed, instead of the Guide recommendations.  Ultra was selected during the BethINI Customization, TexGen generated 512byte LOD textures and DynDOLOD was configured for full 3D trees.

SSE ran without incident the first time I started it, and has run without incident since that first start.  My GPU's temperature reached the low 80s while walking from Helgen to Riverwood, and looked like it would continue to climb, so I exited SSE, selected High during a BethINI Re-Customization, and re-configured TexGen for 256byte textures and DynDOLOD for hybrid trees.  The GPU operating temperature now hovers around the high 70s walking in a forested area.  Still no CTD's or other incidents.  I'll continue to test this build.

DynDOLOD gen is used with instructions at the end under "step 5"

Followed the STEP-guide from top to bottom.

At step 5 i run SSELOdgen (even if guide dont say so), then TexGen and after that DynDOLOD.

So mods installed: DynDOLOD Resources, SSELODgen Output, TexGen Output, DynDOLOD Output. (in that order)

Active plugins: DynDOLOD.esm, DynDOLOD.esp

Ingame the MCM works.

Problem: getting the message "DynDOLOD could not read DynDOLOD_Worlds"

I think that Tech might want to provide some additional explicit instruction then for SSELOdgen. Since it is a recommended tool, we should specify at exactly which point it should be run, so I'll let Tech respond.

Also, be certain that you expand the instructions under step 5 if you haven't already seen those. They appear as links, but they are 'spoilers' that open up detailed instructions.

While playing the game after installing the guide, i think that ELE - Enhanced Light for ENB makes the game too dark in dungeons. But if i remove ELE, then i have to remove Cathedral Weather too (since it's part of the conflict patch).

Is there any way to just remove ELE? Or modify ELE in xEdit so it's less dark, but i don't know how to do that. 

Adjusting ELE - Enhanced Light for ENB's brightness to preference is possible:

Download XEdit Script - Adjust interior lighting (the last optional mod) from the mod page and install the 3 scripts in the archive to your xEdit Edit Scripts folder.

Follow the directions for use posted by JawZENB  (the creator of the scripts ?) and you will be able to adjust the brightness to your preference.  I've done it twice, and it worked each time (the 2nd time was to reach the desired level of fBrightness=2.0).

I think that Tech might want to provide some additional explicit instruction then for SSELOdgen. Since it is a recommended tool, we should specify at exactly which point it should be run, so I'll let Tech respond.

Also, be certain that you expand the instructions under step 5 if you haven't already seen those. They appear as links, but they are 'spoilers' that open up detailed instructions.

Solved my problem... forgot to mark worldspaces in DynDOLOD. First time in over a year i use DynDOLOD so i am a bit out of touch.

The LOD-part of the guide could need some eextra care and love.

I use Lexys for now. :)

From the Tools Installation section

STEP recommends the tools for modding be installed and setup as “standalone†applications, when possible. This means a tool is installed once and used for all games.

I'd recommend changing this to

STEP recommends the tools for modding be installed and setup as “standalone†applications, when possible. This means the application is unzipped into a folder rather than installed by an executable.

Standalone applications and portable applications are generally the same. Their installation locations aren't registered with the OS, so other applications don't know where to find them. Which is great when you want to have multiple installations for different games. If the intention is to have tools registered with the OS so that they're used by all games, shouldn't we be recommending the installer versions over the standalone?

Just finished the guide and done some initial testing!

Took me a few days days with a lot of testing after each section. I really wanted to go ingame and se the changes when it came to textures. I went for HQ textures, running a 1080Ti and a mid sized 4k curved screen.

I am very pleased with the result! Looks amazing and atm i can say i will keep the looks this way. And no ENB or Reshade needed.

Sound is fantastic. And it "feels" very sturdy and stable.

The xLODGen/DynDOLOD sektion could use a bit of love and some more details. (i went for Lexys guide for some help there)

I did clean "Imp. Closefaced Helmets" and "Audio Overhaul Skyrim". Dont know if needed?

I get a warning for "aMidianborn_Skyforge_Wepons.esp" being for Oldrim even thogh i selectet SE when installing. Should i ran it trough the CK?

Also get an SKSE warning for "Audio Overhaul", but as i understand it the mod author is looking in to it?

A few mods i will add is "Immersive HUD", "Less Loot Mod" and maby "SkyTEST"

Great job TechAngel!

Earlier today I started playing SSE using my completed  STEP SE Core Beta v0.1.0  build.  Steam and SSE were installed on a freshly installed/formatted C: drive, and all mods and tools listed are installed per the Guide.  The only deviation from the Guide was that the highest detail meshes and textures available for each mod were installed, instead of the Guide recommendations.  Ultra was selected during the BethINI Customization, TexGen generated 512byte LOD textures and DynDOLOD was configured for full 3D trees.

SSE ran without incident the first time I started it, and has run without incident since that first start.  My GPU's temperature reached the low 80s while walking from Helgen to Riverwood, and looked like it would continue to climb, so I exited SSE, selected High during a BethINI Re-Customization, and re-configured TexGen for 256byte textures and DynDOLOD for hybrid trees.  The GPU operating temperature now hovers around the high 70s walking in a forested area.  Still no CTD's or other incidents.  I'll continue to test this build.

Glad things worked out for you! I personally use High in BethINI, as well. DoubleYou/Vuud mentioned once that BethINI's High preset is basically an optimized version of vanilla's Ultra preset.

Running through the System Setup Guide, I got to driver install and saw the AMD & Nvidia sections but couldn't find either of the Setting Guides mentioned. Are these TBD or are they intended to be an external link?

Those will be out with the new website. Currently they exist on the wiki, but are out of date.

From the Tools Installation section

I'd recommend changing this to

Standalone applications and portable applications are generally the same. Their installation locations aren't registered with the OS, so other applications don't know where to find them. Which is great when you want to have multiple installations for different games. If the intention is to have tools registered with the OS so that they're used by all games, shouldn't we be recommending the installer versions over the standalone?

Most applications can be installed either way and still be ran as stonealone apps. They are designed in this manner. System registration isn't required by any of the apps, to my knowledge.

Just finished the guide and done some initial testing!

Took me a few days days with a lot of testing after each section. I really wanted to go ingame and se the changes when it came to textures. I went for HQ textures, running a 1080Ti and a mid sized 4k curved screen.

I am very pleased with the result! Looks amazing and atm i can say i will keep the looks this way. And no ENB or Reshade needed.

Sound is fantastic. And it "feels" very sturdy and stable.

The xLODGen/DynDOLOD sektion could use a bit of love and some more details. (i went for Lexys guide for some help there)

I did clean "Imp. Closefaced Helmets" and "Audio Overhaul Skyrim". Dont know if needed?

I get a warning for "aMidianborn_Skyforge_Wepons.esp" being for Oldrim even thogh i selectet SE when installing. Should i ran it trough the CK?

Also get an SKSE warning for "Audio Overhaul", but as i understand it the mod author is looking in to it?

A few mods i will add is "Immersive HUD", "Less Loot Mod" and maby "SkyTEST"

Great job TechAngel!

Clean any mods reported by LOOT.

Skyforge weapons aren't and have never been used for the STEP Guides. You'll need to move that plugin to the Optional Plugins in MO or port it using the CK.

You can ignore the warning for AOS. It won't hurt anything and, yes, the author is aware.

iHUD was an Extended mod, which is why it's not included in the SE Core Guide. It can be used without issue as I always have it installed on my end too.

@All

Those curious about xLODGen, it was initially included for terrain LOD, but was dropped before launch due to some issues. Then a few mods were added, which sort of made it not a priority (mainly Landscapes- Cathedral Concept). I plan to revisit it at some point before the official release, if nothing else to run it after DynDOLOD to generate proper Occlusion Data as I've seen a few of those issues on my end already.

Archived