STEP SE Core Beta - Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

New bug:

Installing Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack -

There are no "brown normal" Werewolf eyes.

The guide states to select the mangy dark gray skeever but the healty white.

In the setup Bellyache writes explicitely:

In the installer, the selection for Werewolf eyes is "Normal Brown" instead of "Brown Normal". 

The skeever selections are as follows per the detailed instructions...

Skeever (Grey)

DotMO.png Mangy - Dark Grey

Skeever (Arctic)
DotMO.png Healthy - White
Edited by Kattmandu

In the installer, the selection for Werewolf eyes is "Normal Brown" instead of "Brown Normal". 

The skeever selections are as follows per the detailed instructions...

Skeever (Grey)

DotMO.png Mangy - Dark Grey

Skeever (Arctic)
DotMO.png Healthy - White

yes, I saw the skeever selections. That's why I remarked that the author advises against using mangy and healthy together, because they do NOT share the same normal maps.

Mod Organizer includes a subset of LOOT that allows you to sort plugins into the correct order. The caveat here is that this is not the full LOOT application and the components bundled in Mod Organizer may be from an older version of LOOT.

The mods are stored in ModOrganizer\mods if you install Mod Organizer 2 in portable mode. If you install Mod Organizer 2 in instance mode, the mods are stored in the user's AppData folder.

Mod organizer includes the full version of LOOT, which is set to check for updates to itself etc. At least THAT version which is in the LOOT Folder I showed you in the screenshot. I don't know about the internal version, but since it updates the masterlists before running, has a the exact same output as the full LOOT, I would think it is the same version.

yes, I saw the skeever selections. That's why I remarked that the author advises against using mangy and healthy together, because they do NOT share the same normal maps.

So which version skeever skin did you decide to install?  Healthy for both or mangy for both?

I just decided to switch from LE to SE and start with the STEP guide.

From the first "Tools" section: Mod Organizer 2 includes LOOT, there is no need to install it separately

I think the name changes for directories (from SSEEdit to xEdit) are very counter intuitive, because I will NEVER remember that I installed SSEEdit in that folder, for possible updates.

Next: In the Tool Setup section, you describe the way how to add a new executable to MO, MO2 has a much cooler way to do that, just use the dropdown list for executables, click , in the next window click on the little + icon and select "Add from file...". The title field is filled automagically. Click "apply" and do it again for all other mods.

Create a new empty mod (click on the wench and screwedriver icon and select "create empty mod") named "Bashed Patch" before anything, and select that Wrye Bash should create the bashed patch directly in that folder, not using the overwrites.

Next: in the Standard Cleaning Procedures, add that the files should be cleaned in the order the masters are supposed to be loaded, that makes it MUCH easier to use the CK eventually. It still loads the files according to filetime.

Echoing Greg... It does include LOOT, but it's not updated as often as LOOT is updated, therefore we use the standalone version of LOOT to always have the latest version of the tool. The built in LOOT is reliant upon MO2's release cycle. 

"xEdit" is the common term used to reference to any version of the program. It's used throughout the community. SSEEdit is downloaded for the Guide, but users can use that one installation for any of the games it supports simply by adding an argument.

That's just another way to add them to the list. Splitting hairs.

STEP does not use a Bashed Patch. WB is not ran for this Guide and it'll be removed from the list release until it is actually needed.

Thanks, I've updated the cleaning order for the next release.

Next: in the Standard Cleaning Procedures, add that the files should be cleaned in the order the masters are supposed to be loaded, that makes it MUCH easier to use the CK eventually. It still loads the files according to filetime.

There is also no harm in having a single mod, e.g. Cleaned Masters, containing all cleaned ESM files.

Next: Wrye Bash doesn't need any arguments. It will ask on first run which game it is for.

Next: "For Instance users the profile will be stored in the user's AppData folder (i.e. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\profiles)"

Meaning? There is no folder like that. The profiles are always in the folder Mod Organizer 2\profiles\

Next: Under Legend there is a point "DLC Required". That is obsolete, as Skyrim SE contains all DLCs

Next: STEP Patches Requirements points to the Skyrim LE page.

That's all for now

You could put them all in one mod file, if you wanted. However, you later response about forgetting about them once they're cleaned is incorrect. You should re-clean the masters any time Bethesda released an update than changes these files.

Already addressed WB.

Echoing Greg, again.

I agree, the table doesn't need that DLC row. I'll remove it for the next release.

Thanks, fixed the link for the next release.

I'm not sure if the update for RUSTIC ANIMATED POTIONS and POISONS18px-Wikilink.png should be installed or not. Please advise.

Yes. Install it.

Mod organizer includes the full version of LOOT, which is set to check for updates to itself etc. At least THAT version which is in the LOOT Folder I showed you in the screenshot. I don't know about the internal version, but since it updates the masterlists before running, has a the exact same output as the full LOOT, I would think it is the same version.

This is true, but the last I knew it didn't update the program itself. LOOT will often update 2-3 times before MO2 updates, which will aways have the newest LOOT version when it does, but it'll become outdated soon enough. That's why we use the full version. 

I feel as if I must be missing something because the last time I checked (yesterday), the latest version of Mod Organizer 2 on Nexus includes only lootcli.exe and loot.dll. This is just a command-line interface into the core LOOT features that supports updating the latest masterlist.yaml and sorting plugins, but it is not the full version of LOOT. The full version of LOOT has a nice UI that also exposes information about plugins that need to be cleaned or should not be cleaned as well as other information.

The version of LOOT bundled with Mod Organizer 2 may be sufficient if all you need to do is sort plugins, although I've never really used it because it's not updated as often as LOOT itself.

I feel as if I must be missing something because the last time I checked (yesterday), the latest version of Mod Organizer 2 on Nexus includes only lootcli.exe and loot.dll. This is just a command-line interface into the core LOOT features that supports updating the latest masterlist.yaml and sorting plugins, but it is not the full version of LOOT. The full version of LOOT has a nice UI that also exposes information about plugins that need to be cleaned or should not be cleaned as well as other information.

The version of LOOT bundled with Mod Organizer 2 may be sufficient if all you need to do is sort plugins, although I've never really used it because it's not updated as often as LOOT itself.

You're correct. I was referring to the master list updating when I said, " that is true". All the MO2 version of LOOT does is sort the plugins. I've never used it either, or at least not in a long time. MO2 also now has some FNIS plugin that I don't know much about but if it's the generation tool, I assume it'll be outdated as soon as FNIS updates as well.