Particle Patch for ENB (by mindflux)

TechAngel85

Aaaand, the file has been updated again (to version 1.0.2). This time the Fomod gives the option between a BSA installation and Loose Files. The BSA installation give the Loot "error", the Loose files does not. Also, should the included custom textures be installed for STEP? And once again, I assume that the plugin needs to be disabled/ removed as per the enbdev site version?

4 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

The file has been updated. The files have been packaged into a BSA and the plugin is ESL-flagged. (but we still need to disable the plugin right?)

LOOT complains that ENB Light needs resources from "Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB-SSE", so the version from the enbdev site. Is it safe to just use the Nexus version anyway or rename the Nexus version to the old name? Or does a patch need to be made?

EDIT: from Nexus:

02 April 2022, 11:35AM
ENB Light throws this for me in LOOT when using this version of mod:
"Warning: Requires resources (e.g. meshes, textures; not plugins) from Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB-SSE."

Should I do something with that or is that ok?
  1. mindflux
    02 April 2022, 1:07PM
    Should be fine since virtually everything relevant is still included.

I suppose the warning is due to the assets now packaged in the BSA.

I installed the loose version of this and disabled the plugin in MO (set to optional). No LOOT warnings for me with ENB Light. Installing the BSA version invokes the warning, so yeah, it's just that LOOT rules need to be updated for this mod. Warning can be ignored.

I installed with the custom textures option (default).

16 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I installed the loose version of this and disabled the plugin in MO (set to optional). No LOOT warnings for me with ENB Light. Installing the BSA version invokes the warning, so yeah, it's just that LOOT rules need to be updated for this mod. Warning can be ignored.

I installed with the custom textures option (default).

OK, cool. I shall follow your lead (and make sure to install them in the correct place... *sigh*)

Nothing from this mod needs to be hidden. It's meant to be used like a Foundation mod. Just let everything overwrite it. Else, you may end up with issues within other mods or lose their custom edits.

@z929669
You now have this installing as a BSA and then are disabling the plugin...so the mod isn't even being loaded into the game. :whistling:

25 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Nothing from this mod needs to be hidden. It's meant to be used like a Foundation mod. Just let everything overwrite it. Else, you may end up with issues within other mods or lose their custom edits.

@z929669
You now have this installing as a BSA and then are disabling the plugin...so the mod isn't even being loaded into the game. :whistling:

Doh, yeah, my bad

• 7 months later...

So.. should i hide the .esp or not? Based on the last 4 answers :confused:

If I'm digging too deep for regular newbie wanting to learn let me know.

EDIT: Also, let me know if i should disregard any banter about mods that happened before release of Step Guide v2.1.0

Edited by fartooloud

44 minutes ago, fartooloud said:

So.. should i hide the .esp or not? Based on the last 4 answers :confused:

If I'm digging too deep for regular newbie wanting to learn let me know.

EDIT: Also, let me know if i should disregard any banter about mods that happened before release of Step Guide v2.1.0

Yes, you should hide/ delete the esp. Only the meshes/ textures are needed.

And you can disregard the banter as well. As of STEP 2.1.0. guide instructions are current.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mod updated on Nexus

• Version 1.1.9

• Added fixed campfire for Campfire CC content, all credits to Dizzy for the effort (thanks!).
    • Fixed inconsistencies with ember glow intensity, add pulsating effect to all.
    • A possible fix for fxwaterfallskirttallfront.nif causing a crash.