Particle Patch for ENB (by mindflux)

TechAngel85

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I know, but I recall having to hide downstream meshes relating to fire or embers I think so that these 'win'. May not be necessary though with other related mod configs updated.

Yeah, I don't ever bother checking the conflicts with this mod. I just let everything overwrite it.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Server error. Wait for it to be fixed. 

Thank you for your answer. Can I ask a question about the guide?

Also I've skipped that part for the moment is it ok if I install it later and move it up in the mod order on MO2?

Edited by Arel

12 minutes ago, Arel said:

Thank you for your answer. Can I ask a question about the guide?

Also I've skipped that part for the moment is it ok if I install it later and move it up in the mod order on MO2?

I recommend installing and ordering mods exactly as specified by the guide without deviation (unless you fully understand the ramifications of all deviations).

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Mindflux just released the particle patch on Nexus. Maybe the link in the guide should be updated to this?

Yes, thank you. We'll need to verify it's the same exact mod first.

As I expected, it has at least 20-30 new files not present in the version we have been using. 11 of these will overwrite vanilla (without other conflicts) and come in two varieties.

My assumption is that it's going to be preferred, so we should probably link to the new file if others agree.

16 hours ago, z929669 said:

Yes, thank you. We'll need to verify it's the same exact mod first.

As I expected, it has at least 20-30 new files not present in the version we have been using. 11 of these will overwrite vanilla (without other conflicts) and come in two varieties.

My assumption is that it's going to be preferred, so we should probably link to the new file if others agree.

The file has been updated. The files have been packaged into a BSA and the plugin is ESL-flagged. (but we still need to disable the plugin right?)

LOOT complains that ENB Light needs resources from "Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB-SSE", so the version from the enbdev site. Is it safe to just use the Nexus version anyway or rename the Nexus version to the old name? Or does a patch need to be made?

EDIT: from Nexus:

02 April 2022, 11:35AM
ENB Light throws this for me in LOOT when using this version of mod:
"Warning: Requires resources (e.g. meshes, textures; not plugins) from Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB-SSE."

Should I do something with that or is that ok?
  1. mindflux
    02 April 2022, 1:07PM
    Should be fine since virtually everything relevant is still included.

I suppose the warning is due to the assets now packaged in the BSA.
Edited by ButchDiavolo
info from nexus