Sign in to follow this  
Dreifels

Error - wrong path: Loading active plugin list

Question

TexGen_TES5_log.txt

[00:00:00.062]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\EC2\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.062]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

same in DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

[00:00:00.063]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\EC2\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.063]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

I run the standalone 64 bit and that path is for the old Skyrim version (I've installed, too)

By that I get a corrupt  output
while DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt looks fine, all pathes are ...\Skyrim Special Edition\...

3 answers to this question

The path is correct for Skyrims plugins.txt.

As explained in the manual, by default the tools start in Skyrim (TES5) mode and require -sse command line argument to start in Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) mode.

No idea what "corrupt output" is supposed to mean.

Edited by sheson

The path is correct for Skyrims plugins.txt.

As explained in the manual, by default the tools start in Skyrim (TES5) mode and require -sse command line argument to start in Skyrim Special Edition (SSE) mode.

No idea what "corrupt output" is supposed to mean.

I did use -sse, but nevertheless. With "corrupt" I mean this: The generated output caused a black screen of Skyrim SE whiile loading. When I removed the output, all worked, also works my former output made with the standalone 2.65 times ago before the Skyrim SS and  SKSE gat new version But the 2.65 no longer works, so I can't create a new output well. Never had such error messages in logs.

Edited by Dreifels

If there are issues with the games default plugins.txt paths there are issues with the games installation or the tools being able to access them, because of OS, UAC, antivir etc. preventing access.

The tools use ..\Skyrim\Plugins.txt if they were started in Skyrim (TES5) mode / by default. The tools will use ..\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt when started with the -sse command line argument.

If there is a problem with the generated LOD mod, make an error report with logs, information about the setup and load order and properly describing the issue.

Basic troubleshooting of output starts with checking the log for errors and warnings. Then testing if disabling the meshes, then disabling the DynDOLOD.esp, then disabling the DynDOLOD.esm makes a difference. The results determine the next steps.

Edited by sheson