Audio Overhaul for Skyrim SE (by DylanJamesWasTaken)

TechAngel85

On 11/16/2022 at 7:34 PM, z929669 said:

Not sure about that, but obviously not something we would deal with on our side. You would need to check that stuff similarly to update that patch yourself. We'll just wait for the mods to update. Do tell if you find anything though.

I suspect there are likely many plugins that could use some patching after the latest rounds of updates in the past few months. Krypto patches very likely. Those don't have much activity recently as far as I have seen.

If i'm not totally off about that (see previous post), this would also make the 'Vokrii - AOS' patch obsolete, which consists of three records in 'Magic effect', which have no more corresponding entries in the current AOS version. (Deactivating this later ...)

On 11/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, CorneliusC said:

The AOS update also affects all 'Region' records in STEP Lightning & weather patch, which now exclusively favor 'Cathedral Weathers' and can be deleted?

I can confirm all of what you speak of in your last three posts. There sere several redundant records forwarding sounds from the previous version of AOS into the patches, but they are no longer present in the AOS plugin (presumably since SRD is handling it), and they existed in several different nodes of the AOS plugin.

You can find them fairly easily by filtering AOS plugin in xEdit where EditorID contains " _AOS ". Select each record and see if the references tab in the right pane is available. Where it is, select it and look for references in the patches that don't also have an identical AOS reference. These can be removed from the patches in this way from the References tab of AOS (just remember to note the FormID of each record as you move forward, because I don't know of any handy ways to "go back" to previous view in xEdit).

I also can confirm that the AOS patch is no longer needed from Umgak's Vokrii Compatibility Patch Compendium. Those instructions have been updated likewise.

13 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Is anybody by any chance already testing one or more of the 'Audio Overhaul' expansions ('Regional Sounds Expansion' or 'Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion') by the author?

I'm using both. They're just plug-and-play when using AOS 3.9 or later, which is the minimum required compatible version, but AOS itself is not required.

There's also Acoustic Space Improvement Fixes (Corrected Reverb - Ambience - Interiors) which is just a set of fixes and is standalone (no dependencies). It's designed to take advantage of Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion enhancements. This one needs conflict resolution with any mod that modifies interior cell settings, such as lighting mods. The FOMOD installer provides patches, there's one for Ambiance. Manual checking and patching in xEdit is still advised even with the provided patch.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...