Realistic Water Two SE (by isoku/SparrowPrince/TechAngel85)

TechAngel85

19 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I assume we want to use the Myrwatch patch now with the update? Or did we absorb this into the CR patch? I'll check this in a moment in xEdit myself probably, so I'm posting mainly as a reminder to myself to change instructions after checking this.

14 hours ago, z929669 said:

I could have sworn @TechAngel85 said somewhere that it's in the CR patch ... but can't seem to find the post.

12 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Ok, so checked in xEdit, and it would seem that with current LOOT and Conflict Resolution Patch, RealisticWaterTwo.esp is loading after the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp. This is an error, and perhaps @z929669 accidentally removed RealisticWaterTwo.esp as a master to the patch? This master is necessary for proper LOOT sorting. Anyhow, if we get that issue fixed, we won't need the Myrwatch patch, as all the necessary records are forwarded in the CR Patch.

I see this has been answered, but correct. The CR Patch already had this. I added it on the last RWT update since that is official content via AE. If you want to remove them from the CR and use the patch, that is up to you. It's just two records.

I also noticed the RWT load order issue with the CR when I was working on the RWT update. I corrected it on my end during that development, but I guess I forgot to mention it. Honestly, I think there are conflicting records that should have RWT as a master of the patch, but it's possible nothing unique from RWT is forwards so it may not actually require it. RWT should be a master of all the patches. Doesn't matter so much on the PP Patch.

41 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I see this has been answered, but correct. The CR Patch already had this. I added it on the last RWT update since that is official content via AE. If you want to remove them from the CR and use the patch, that is up to you. It's just two records.

I also noticed the RWT load order issue with the CR when I was working on the RWT update. I corrected it on my end during that development, but I guess I forgot to mention it. Honestly, I think there are conflicting records that should have RWT as a master of the patch, but it's possible nothing unique from RWT is forwards so it may not actually require it. RWT should be a master of all the patches. Doesn't matter so much on the PP Patch.

Yeah, I think the latest LOOT update (and ML update), changed sorting with the CR patch. This had impacted only the LW patch a couple of weeks ago, but then LOOT updated and began impacting the CR patch. Having added RWT as a master to the LW patch is now redundant, since it is a master to the CR patch. That's all that is needed, since the CR patch is master to the LW patch, and the LW patch is master to the PP patch.

I will remove the RWT master redundancy from LW patch next time that one needs to be updated. It's not a big deal in the meantime.

Heyas Tech,

I am not sure where to post this, but I suddenly get a Cyclic LOOT error involving the RWT2 - Myrwatch patch? I haven't changed anything in my load order, besides re-running DynDOLOD with the latest version. I (tried to) check the error message, but I don't see how there would be a "cyclic interaction" between them? Is this something I should report to the LOOT team or something you need to know?

FYI, I don't use the STEP patches, because my setup is STEP 2.1.0+ (= missing some STEP recommendations + non-STEP mods)

From the error log:

[19:23:52.566049] [error]: Failed to sort plugins. Details: Cyclic interaction detected: A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp --[Master]-> ACMOS - WTT Patch.esp --[Group]-> RealisticWaterTwo.esp --[Master]-> RealisticWaterTwo - Myrwatch Patch.esp --[Group]-> A Clear Map of Skyrim.esp

36 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Heyas Tech,

I am not sure where to post this, but I suddenly get a Cyclic LOOT error involving the RWT2 - Myrwatch patch? I haven't changed anything in my load order, besides re-running DynDOLOD with the latest version. I (tried to) check the error message, but I don't see how there would be a "cyclic interaction" between them? Is this something I should report to the LOOT team or something you need to know?

FYI, I don't use the STEP patches, because my setup is STEP 2.1.0+ (= missing some STEP recommendations + non-STEP mods)

From the error log:

That's an error in their master list because it's setting these mods to do the same thing, but can't due to the rules that are set. You'll have to contact LOOT. They'll have to fix whatever is causing it in the master list.

13 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

That's an error in their master list because it's setting these mods to do the same thing, but can't due to the rules that are set. You'll have to contact LOOT. They'll have to fix whatever is causing it in the master list.

I managed to sort it out. It was indeed a rules setting, but a custom rule I forgot to set for the Myrwatch patch *blush* I have RWT2 (and the patches) set with a custom rule as "Worldspace settings" so they load near the bottom (right after ACMoS). Since I forgot to (re)set it for the Myrwatch patch, LOOT gave the cyclic error.

Which now begs the question for me, where should RWT2 be sorted? I have (apparently) had that custom rule set up for ages, though I can't remember why. Should I just remove that rule and let LOOT sort it?

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I managed to sort it out. It was indeed a rules setting, but a custom rule I forgot to set for the Myrwatch patch *blush* I have RWT2 (and the patches) set with a custom rule as "Worldspace settings" so they load near the bottom (right after ACMoS). Since I forgot to (re)set it for the Myrwatch patch, LOOT gave the cyclic error.

Which now begs the question for me, where should RWT2 be sorted? I have (apparently) had that custom rule set up for ages, though I can't remember why. Should I just remove that rule and let LOOT sort it?

LOOT generally sorts it correctly by placing it neat the end, but there will be a few mods that LOOT will sort after it. Notably map and worldspace-type mods. Some patching will likely be required.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

LOOT generally sorts it correctly by placing it neat the end, but there will be a few mods that LOOT will sort after it. Notably map and worldspace-type mods. Some patching will likely be required.

I removed the custom rules and now RWT is loaded right áfter ACMoS... Such a massive change *chuckles*... As far as I can see, no patching is needed, since Wrye Bash takes care of that with the bashed patch, which uses RWT2's settings. So all good. Thanks for your answers :)

• 6 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 11:28 AM, Mousetick said:

Ok, here goes:

1. Configure xEdit > Options > General and uncheck: 'Hide "never shown"'. May need to restart xEdit to take effect.
  2. In xEdit, load 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm', only it and its masters.
  3. Uncheck 'Hide no conflict and empty rows' in right pane right-click menu.
  4. In left pane, expand Worldspace node of 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm' and select Tamriel.
  5. In right pane, hide Skyrim.esm and Dawnguard.esm columns. You should see the list of Large References defined by RWT right below the EDID field.
  6. Scroll the list of Large References down to 'RNAM - Grid #70'.
  7. Select 'Reference #0', right-click and select 'Remove'. Be careful to select this specific reference only, and not the 'References' node or 'RNAM - Grid' node above it.
  8. This removes the large reference declaration and will prevent the bug and DynDOLOD warning.
  9. (Optional) Remove the reference itself REFR:XX00AE48 under Worldspace > Tamriel > Block 0,-1 > Sub-block 1,-1 > 00095D7 > Temporary, since it's useless, for extra cleanliness.

See screenshot below for illustration.

I had used this fix a while ago with success and I had to redo it recently after reinstalling RWT. It would be nice if it would be made an official fix.

I guess an alternative would be to remove the reference first and then run sheson's xEdit script to re-generate the list of large references. I have no experience with it so can't comment.

Hope this helps.

RWT Remove RNAM Entry in xEdit.png

Just thought id give a heads up, I know this was posted quite a while ago..

Doing the above for the Large Reference bug warning in Realistic Water Two SE v5.6.0 causes DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha 120 to just hang infinitely at the beginning of starting the generation process where it says

Gathering Large References and Gathering LOD Assets

When I reinstalled Realistic Two Water SE V5.6.0 to reset this edit DynDOLOD processed and completed the LOD generation process normally (although it did have a Large Reference bug warning for this mod)

So is there another work around for this or should I just hope that it doesnt cause any issues with the LOD while playing in Skyrim AE?

On 3/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, TechAngel85 said:

On Reference, remove disable flag and set z (height) to -30000.0. Done.

Edit:
You could remove it, but I don't know what/why it's there so I'll have to look in the CK. If the above doesn't work, just do it and then Apply Script (SkyrimSE - Generate Large Refs). Select ESM, select worldspace, click okay. Done.

Also I would do what TechAngel85 recommends but im not super familiar with xedit so this recommendation seems a bit ambiguous to me. 

DynDOLOD issue2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 4:37 AM, Dersh said:

Just thought id give a heads up, I know this was posted quite a while ago..

Doing the above for the Large Reference bug warning in Realistic Water Two SE v5.6.0 causes DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha 120 to just hang infinitely at the beginning of starting the generation process where it says

Gathering Large References and Gathering LOD Assets

When I reinstalled Realistic Two Water SE V5.6.0 to reset this edit DynDOLOD processed and completed the LOD generation process normally (although it did have a Large Reference bug warning for this mod)

So is there another work around for this or should I just hope that it doesnt cause any issues with the LOD while playing in Skyrim AE?

Also I would do what TechAngel85 recommends but im not super familiar with xedit so this recommendation seems a bit ambiguous to me. 

DynDOLOD issue2.png

I wouldn't ever recommend removing references that you don't know what they do. It's not going to cause any issues beside maybe some pop-in. The problem is that DynDOLOD, the version I'm running, no longer spits out a Large Reference list (since it's fixing them on the fly). This needs to be reported on the RWT mod page. I don't track bugs over here, so it's just going to get lost and forgotten about if not reported in the proper place.