Realistic Water Two SE (by isoku/SparrowPrince/TechAngel85)

TechAngel85

6 hours ago, Mousetick said:

That works too. But this method is typically used to patch mods that overwrite and disable existing references.

This reference is not overwritten, it's created by the RWT mod itself. It's useless, isn't used by anything and it doesn't make any sense. Why not get rid of it entirely instead of wasting resources? You can bury it underground, but it still exists for no reason.

I know. I maintain RWT with SparrowPrince. ;) Like I said, I'd need to look to see why it's there before outright deleting it. Probably just needs to be removed, but I'm not going to say that 100% until I look to see what is going on with it.

10 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Like I said, I'd need to look to see why it's there before outright deleting it. Probably just needs to be removed, but I'm not going to say that 100% until I look to see what is going on with it.

Sounds good. Another option might be to simply enable that reference. I don't know, maybe there does need to be a wet rock pile added at that particular location :) That would also fix the large reference issue.

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Sounds good. Another option might be to simply enable that reference. I don't know, maybe there does need to be a wet rock pile added at that particular location :) That would also fix the large reference issue.

Thanks.

SparrowPrince is making rocks right now, so it seems like a good idea to me ;)

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2021 at 3:57 PM, Mercury71 said:

Note: The Darker Gradients optional will be updated in due time. You may not need it now if you were using it before due to effects being made less bright in this version by default. Please also refer to the description on how to reduce brightness of effects if you are using an ENB, if you haven't already.

We currently instruct 18-Lighting & Weather users to install the Darker Gradients optional. Has anyone determined if this instruction should be removed or modified?

3 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

We currently instruct 18-Lighting & Weather users to install the Darker Gradients optional. Has anyone determined if this instruction should be removed or modified?

I have this installed in accordance with out instructions and haven't noticed any issues with waterfalls or splashing water being overly bright. Nevertheless, I have not specifically tested this to determine that. @TechAngel85 added this instruction back in October and being a maintainer of this mod, I defer to him as to whether or not this still applies to ENB users.

I will say that the ENB rain option is not optimal with our ENB. I played with this quite a bit in ENB dev testing, and rain looks best in all lighting, day or night, with or without ENB, and with varying [RAIN] ENB effect settings if this option is NOT installed. Current instructions say it's subjective, which is somewhat true ... but my subjective opinion is to not use it ;)

22 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I have this installed in accordance with out instructions and haven't noticed any issues with waterfalls or splashing water being overly bright. Nevertheless, I have not specifically tested this to determine that. @TechAngel85 added this instruction back in October and being a maintainer of this mod, I defer to him as to whether or not this still applies to ENB users.

I will say that the ENB rain option is not optimal with our ENB. I played with this quite a bit in ENB dev testing, and rain looks best in all lighting, day or night, with or without ENB, and with varying [RAIN] ENB effect settings if this option is NOT installed. Current instructions say it's subjective, which is somewhat true ... but my subjective opinion is to not use it ;)

It's most likely not needed. I've been running without it. It's not been updated for all the newest textures and was meant to be retired. I guess SP left it up when he updated.

We've never fully tested the ENB Rain option. I know it works with ENB and shouldn't be installed when ENB isn't present, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

It's most likely not needed. I've been running without it. It's not been updated for all the newest textures and was meant to be retired. I guess SP left it up when he updated.

We've never fully tested the ENB Rain option. I know it works with ENB and shouldn't be installed when ENB isn't present, but that's about it.

If you are running without the Darker Gradients option and are happy with that, we should update the instructions.

I recall that the ENB rain option worked with the ENB [RAIN] settings insofar as those settings had an impact on the rain (no settings resulted in good looking rain in all lighting day/night conditions). I forget now if the [RAIN] settings had any impact on the standard RWT rain textures. I'm guessing not.

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hey Tech,

I downloaded the latest version or RWT. You mentioned that the Official Patch page is now included in the mod (and so it is!). However, while installing, there was no mention of the Saints&Seducers patch. Is that no longer needed?

That patch was never meant to be used. We had moved it into the Archives (as Nexus wouldn't let us delete it). It could possibly cause issues so it should be removed from any load order.

4 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I assume we want to use the Myrwatch patch now with the update? Or did we absorb this into the CR patch? I'll check this in a moment in xEdit myself probably, so I'm posting mainly as a reminder to myself to change instructions after checking this.

I could have sworn @TechAngel85 said somewhere that it's in the CR patch ... but can't seem to find the post.

Ok, so checked in xEdit, and it would seem that with current LOOT and Conflict Resolution Patch, RealisticWaterTwo.esp is loading after the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp. This is an error, and perhaps @z929669 accidentally removed RealisticWaterTwo.esp as a master to the patch? This master is necessary for proper LOOT sorting. Anyhow, if we get that issue fixed, we won't need the Myrwatch patch, as all the necessary records are forwarded in the CR Patch.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Ok, so checked in xEdit, and it would seem that with current LOOT and Conflict Resolution Patch, RealisticWaterTwo.esp is loading after the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp. This is an error, and perhaps @z929669 accidentally removed RealisticWaterTwo.esp as a master to the patch? This master is necessary for proper LOOT sorting. Anyhow, if we get that issue fixed, we won't need the Myrwatch patch, as all the necessary records are forwarded in the CR Patch.

Did you download the latest file? The dev is updated I think, but I must have neglected to push the update. I can check tomorrow, but if you want to look, just grab it from the share.