Realistic Water Two SE (by isoku/SparrowPrince/TechAngel85)

TechAngel85

41 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I'm not sure that this is a RWT issue and could be related to ELFX (and ELFX Fixes: see ELFX Fixes Ragged Flagon Fix.esp):

note the reflection is waaaay off:

SkyrimSE 2021-11-27 14-28-53-65.jpg

Those ESPs from the ELFX Fixes mods should be moved to Optional ESPs (shouldn't be using them).

I just checked and it's not RWT. Looks fine with RWT in vanilla profile.

9 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Those ESPs from the ELFX Fixes mods should be moved to Optional ESPs (shouldn't be using them).

I just checked and it's not RWT. Looks fine with RWT in vanilla profile.

I already updated that post above. See this post for the solution:

Mod updated at Nexus.

RWT 5.2.1 Changes 

• Included a corrected foam texture for rapids (fxwhitewater01.DDS). It was previously exported with a wrong layer order, making it look cloudy.
  • Improved texture density and clarity of churning foam effects (fxwhitewater.DDS).
  • Improved splash particle visibility on all effects with splashes.
  • Animated waves have been updated to look less bright, look softer and to blend better with the water surface.
  • Updated many gradient textures to reduce brightness and improve transparency on certain effect textures.
  • Updated a bunch of effect textures to reduce brightness, improve transparency and to add more clarity.
  • Creeks have been updated to use the calmwater.DDS texture for a more detail and smoother overall appearance. fxwaterTile03_n.DDS has been removed due to this change.
  • Splashes that appear below city waterfalls and near rapids have been totally overhauled. They now feature churning splash particles instead of unconvincing flat (vanilla) geometry.
  • Added a new rapids mesh that was missed (fxrapidsfallstop.NIF). It now has all the features and tweaks of all the other rapids included in v5.0. Some minor tweaks have also been made to other rapid meshes.
  • Updated the Whiterun Dragonsreach waterfall hue to a more blue colour. Thanks for the suggestion, reg1st3r.
  • Minor tweaks to waterfall meshes.
  • New gradient texture for waterfall top foam.

Note: The Darker Gradients optional will be updated in due time. You may not need it now if you were using it before due to effects being made less bright in this version by default. Please also refer to the description on how to reduce brightness of effects if you are using an ENB, if you haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I upgraded to Realistic Waters II v5.2.1 the final scene of Deadmen Respite ruin is not playing well and the Word Wall can't be activated.

RW II replace waters of the dungeon which are activators and one of them is disabled by USSEP.

The worse thing is the Word Wall characters are not shining.

(tested in two new games)

Update.

Ay ya ye ... a wild edit on other plugin!!!

I apologize for the bad report.

RW II the new version works great.

Edited by gamingsrc
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 5:31 AM, gamingsrc said:

Since I upgraded to Realistic Waters II v5.2.1 the final scene of Deadmen Respite ruin is not playing well and the Word Wall can't be activated.

RW II replace waters of the dungeon which are activators and one of them is disabled by USSEP.

The worse thing is the Word Wall characters are not shining.

(tested in two new games)

Update.

Ay ya ye ... a wild edit on other plugin!!!

I apologize for the bad report.

RW II the new version works great.

So v5.2.1 works with 1.5.97 safely right?

Edit: Never mind that, there was a sticky post on Nexus explaining this.

Edited by Arel

• 2 months later...

Anybody else noticed RWT 5.2.1 triggers a large reference bug warning with DynDOLOD 3?

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:1300AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

This specific reference doesn't make any sense to me: it's defined in 'RWT - Resources.esm', it doesn't overrides any vanilla reference and it's not used or overridden by anything else. It's initially disabled and enabled to state of opposite of player. In other words, it's completely useless. And yet it's declared as a large reference in the same ESM.

I have a simple solution to fix it and would gladly share it but first I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything about the presence of this reference, its purpose and its triggering of large reference bug warning.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Anybody else noticed RWT 5.2.1 triggers a large reference bug warning with DynDOLOD 3?

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:1300AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

This specific reference doesn't make any sense to me: it's defined in 'RWT - Resources.esm', it doesn't overrides any vanilla reference and it's not used or overridden by anything else. It's initially disabled and enabled to state of opposite of player. In other words, it's completely useless. And yet it's declared as a large reference in the same ESM.

I have a simple solution to fix it and would gladly share it but first I'd like to make sure I'm not missing anything about the presence of this reference, its purpose and its triggering of large reference bug warning.

Thanks.

I can validate that warning in Step 2.0.0:

Warning: Initially disabled large reference in RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm [REFR:1200AE48] (places RockPileL02Wet [STAT:00039393] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:000095D7] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 10,-1))

@TechAngel85 recently fixed all of the LR issues with RWT and this one may be an outlier that he flagged by mistake (or for a number of other reasons). Do share, and I'm sure he will verify if this was or wasn't intentional.

EDIT: Flag not set for me?

image.png

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Thanks.

DynDOLOD will warn of any initially disable large refs. It's the initially disable that triggers the warning because they can cause large ref issues.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References
A large reference has the Initially Disabled flag can trigger the bugs. The type of plugin does not matter. It is the cause for the example shown in the video above - the problematic large reference is defined in Skyrim.esm. DynDOLOD can create workarounds for some occurrences, including the vanilla one shown in the video. For all others, a warning message Initially disabled large reference is written to the message log.

It will be fixed with the next RWT update.

Ok, here goes:

1. Configure xEdit > Options > General and uncheck: 'Hide "never shown"'. May need to restart xEdit to take effect.
  2. In xEdit, load 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm', only it and its masters.
  3. Uncheck 'Hide no conflict and empty rows' in right pane right-click menu.
  4. In left pane, expand Worldspace node of 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm' and select Tamriel.
  5. In right pane, hide Skyrim.esm and Dawnguard.esm columns. You should see the list of Large References defined by RWT right below the EDID field.
  6. Scroll the list of Large References down to 'RNAM - Grid #70'.
  7. Select 'Reference #0', right-click and select 'Remove'. Be careful to select this specific reference only, and not the 'References' node or 'RNAM - Grid' node above it.
  8. This removes the large reference declaration and will prevent the bug and DynDOLOD warning.
  9. (Optional) Remove the reference itself REFR:XX00AE48 under Worldspace > Tamriel > Block 0,-1 > Sub-block 1,-1 > 00095D7 > Temporary, since it's useless, for extra cleanliness.

See screenshot below for illustration.

I had used this fix a while ago with success and I had to redo it recently after reinstalling RWT. It would be nice if it would be made an official fix.

I guess an alternative would be to remove the reference first and then run sheson's xEdit script to re-generate the list of large references. I have no experience with it so can't comment.

Hope this helps.

RWT Remove RNAM Entry in xEdit.png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Ok, here goes:

1. Configure xEdit > Options > General and uncheck: 'Hide "never shown"'. May need to restart xEdit to take effect.
  2. In xEdit, load 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm', only it and its masters.
  3. Uncheck 'Hide no conflict and empty rows' in right pane right-click menu.
  4. In left pane, expand Worldspace node of 'RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm' and select Tamriel.
  5. In right pane, hide Skyrim.esm and Dawnguard.esm columns. You should see the list of Large References defined by RWT right below the EDID field.
  6. Scroll the list of Large References down to 'RNAM - Grid #70'.
  7. Select 'Reference #0', right-click and select 'Remove'. Be careful to select this specific reference only, and not the 'References' node or 'RNAM - Grid' node above it.
  8. This removes the large reference declaration and will prevent the bug and DynDOLOD warning.
  9. (Optional) Remove the reference itself REFR:XX00AE48 under Worldspace > Tamriel > Block 0,-1 > Sub-block 1,-1 > 00095D7 > Temporary, since it's useless, for extra cleanliness.

See screenshot below for illustration.

I had used this fix a while ago with success and I had to redo it recently after reinstalling RWT. It would be nice if it would be made an official fix.

I guess an alternative would be to remove the reference first and then run sheson's xEdit script to re-generate the list of large references. I have no experience with it so can't comment.

Hope this helps.

RWT Remove RNAM Entry in xEdit.png

On Reference, remove disable flag and set z (height) to -30000.0. Done.

Edit:
You could remove it, but I don't know what/why it's there so I'll have to look in the CK. If the above doesn't work, just do it and then Apply Script (SkyrimSE - Generate Large Refs). Select ESM, select worldspace, click okay. Done.

13 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

On Reference, remove disable flag and set z (height) to -30000.0. Done.

That works too. But this method is typically used to patch mods that overwrite and disable existing references.

This reference is not overwritten, it's created by the RWT mod itself. It's useless, isn't used by anything and it doesn't make any sense. Why not get rid of it entirely instead of wasting resources? You can bury it underground, but it still exists for no reason.