ETHEREAL CLOUDS - Special Edition (by Gamwich)

TechAngel85

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, z929669 said:

This one seems redundant for 2.0.0 but maybe not ... do we need to reevaluate along with the cloud meshes in testing or with CL options?

Redundant with L&W section. Not redundant for those skipping the L&W section. Make sense?

The clouds is a mesh that helps hide the horizon seam (again...redundant with L&W, not for those not installing L&W).

3 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Redundant with L&W section. Not redundant for those skipping the L&W section. Make sense?

The clouds is a mesh that helps hide the horizon seam (again...redundant with L&W, not for those not installing L&W).

Yes, makes perfect sense ... I will add a note to the mod page on this if not there already ... however, this mod would then be in competition with Improved Clouds Mesh, so we will need to take a look at both I would think.

EDIT: looking at the file now, this mod provides textures only, so we will need to look at current load order for conflicts with both of these mods installed along with L&W. If anyone out there can do this, it would be helpful.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, z929669 said:

Yes, makes perfect sense ... I will add a note to the mod page on this if not there already ... however, this mod would then be in competition with Improved Clouds Mesh, so we will need to take a look at both I would think.

EDIT: looking at the file now, this mod provides textures only, so we will need to look at current load order for conflicts with both of these mods installed along with L&W. If anyone out there can do this, it would be helpful.

Etheral Clouds, Improved Clouds Mesh and Cathedral weathers do not seem to conflict with one another. They show no conflicts in mod organizer. This is because ethereal clouds only changes the vanilla textures and improved clouds mesh improves the mesh. Cathedral weather has new clouds that I think only show up in the new weathers and do not change the vanilla, constant ones.

So each improves a different aspect. Improved Clouds mesh works with both mods too texture wise. I have yet to give a good visual look in game just cursory.

• +1 1

On 10/10/2021 at 12:53 PM, Eliian said:

Cathedral weather has new clouds that I think only show up in the new weathers and do not change the vanilla, constant ones.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, z929669 said:

I agree with Eliian. This doesn't nee any further testing.

CW doesn't add new clouds, though I does redo sunsets, which are colored clouds. It only adds additional cloud layers for weathers via plugin. There are 28 layers that could all be filled with clouds for each weather in the game. CW simply uses more vs vanilla and then adds it's sunsets.

8 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

CW doesn't add new clouds, though I does redo sunsets, which are colored clouds. It only adds additional cloud layers for weathers via plugin. There are 28 layers that could all be filled with clouds for each weather in the game. CW simply uses more vs vanilla and then adds it's sunsets.

Ah ok thanks for the explanation. I would assume that those clouds would use any modded cloud textures? With the colors/sunsets I wonder if the change would be noticeable. 

13 hours ago, Eliian said:

Ah ok thanks for the explanation. I would assume that those clouds would use any modded cloud textures? With the colors/sunsets I wonder if the change would be noticeable. 

Correct. They will use whatever textures are installed. The sunset files are like a picture of clouds during a sunset. Theses aren't like normal clouds in that they are static for the hour or two they last.