Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE (by SomeRandomGuy83, TechAngel85, z929669)

TechAngel85

@TechAngel85

I am looking at EVT Custom Trees and noticeing several pine03* textures. I have looked at just about every model in that mod and core EVT, and I cannot find any that reference these textures. Also, EVT typically covers pine01, pine02, pine04, and pine05 pine tree types but NOT pine03. Vanilla treepineforest03 types also do not reference these textures.

The current and historic Custom Trees installers explicitly has an option to install these textures for 'greener' pine03, and the core Custom Trees also has them but less green. Do you have any idea or are these just textures without a home?

image.png

54 minutes ago, z929669 said:

@TechAngel85

I am looking at EVT Custom Trees and noticeing several pine03* textures. I have looked at just about every model in that mod and core EVT, and I cannot find any that reference these textures. Also, EVT typically covers pine01, pine02, pine04, and pine05 pine tree types but NOT pine03. Vanilla treepineforest03 types also do not reference these textures.

The current and historic Custom Trees installers explicitly has an option to install these textures for 'greener' pine03, and the core Custom Trees also has them but less green. Do you have any idea or are these just textures without a home?

image.png

My guess is they are/were for Custom Pines03 (which would have a greener bark texture). Whether or not that pine is will in the mod, I can't remember. The mod never really touched Pine03 (small, player-height tree) when I got a hold of it and I think I removed the remaining from all options. I'm not sure if I did that for the Custom/Greener options, though, or just the main mod. SFO Snowy Trees will have a snowy pine03 version.

That's what I was hoping, and yes, SFO has the 03 small pine but doesn't use those textures. Makes sense that a custom pine03 was using them. They can go away then, which lops off a good deal of the file size, since they are in 2K, 4K, and 4K greener pines. 18 textures in all.

Sounds like I may be able to find that one in an older version to see what it looks like and if it references other textures still in the mod specific to only that model.

• 1 year later...