Septim HD (by Crypton)

stoppingby4now

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that the vanilla coin is not very good. MO now has a texture viewer in the data tab. It's textures->clutter->coin01.dds & coin01_n.dds.

But in game, vanilla texture looks totally fine.

I've been using this mod instead: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34592

This is exact same thing with a color difference only, no? If you think the color is more realistic, then I am in favor.

This particular mod is worse than vanilla, IMO, because it is unrealistically 'perfect', and the history of this thread reveals that others agree.

It is not that big a deal, but certainly if a mod does not present an obviously better result than vanilla ... in all ways ... then it should not be used, right?

Not the same at all Z ;) The one I suggest looks older and more worn (about VF-20 in coin grading terminology)' date=' the Septim HD looks AU-50.[/quote']

No, I mean same as vanilla with color correction ;)

I agree emphatically that these coins should be well worn, since they likely only mint new ones rarely ...

To all would-be naysayers: think about this. This is gold (or very high % gold). Aside from the fact that gold is relatively soft is the stark fact that gold really cannot be reminted or replaced. This money does not represent a thing of value (like normal currency that gets minted in our silly world) ... it IS THE thing of value. It is self representative.

It cannot be reminted unless every person goes to the mint and does it themselves :P ... Seriously though, it would take an incredibly long time for every gold piece to go through the coffers of the central mint to be refurbished; therefore, almost every gold piece would be decades old in Skyrim.

They should look like hell ... in a gorgeous way that only old gold coins can look.

Bump .... I still vote to drop this one and potentially pick up the one DY proposed (see my prev post)

I checked EcthelionOtW Real Golden Septims in game and it looks like plastic to me, sadly. I would not use it at all. But it may just look like that with the ENB I use. Recommend to create a separate thread and test it properly.