I've just finished my STEP Extended install and it's very bad

MaryM00n

Hello all, I am sorry in advance that I may be posting something that has been solved here already (actually I really hope it was), but I just don't have ANY power left for my own discovery.

Last few days I was installing STEP:Extended 2.10 very carefully, doing 99% of recommendations and 100% of them which I wasn't sure to skip harmlessly.

My system just matches the one described in recommendations before the STEP guide, and I have some experience of installing a lot of mods to Skyrim, so I was really shocked and frustrated when I tried to play the thing I've installed.

The two main problems are:

1) my game has lags and short freezes in open world, like if I play a very heavy game with modern graphics

2) Textures and lighting look just awful, which, adding to the first problem, just kills me. The game objects look very low-res, even though I didn't choose any low-res package during install. The only thing looking good is water, everything else more or less looks worse then original Skyrim with high res options. The lighting issues are not that critical for me, but everything on the land is way too bright, and the dungeon is too dark.

What can that be? Also, I did NOT configure anything in the MCM menu. If there are any essential things in there, please point me to them.