SSE Water loading distance

Scharpf23

Question

Hello. Been having issues with water loading in the distance. It loads and looks beautiful when I get close enough, but will stay all shiny and ugly until I'm very close to where the issue starts.

I'm wondering if this is something I fix in my DynDOLOD/LODGen, or if it is a setting in one of the many different ini's of this game.

I don't want to have to run to every which way in the game to load it in. Any insight on a direction I should take would be appreciated. It also looks bad (the water) when looking from a birds eye view.

Side question. Should water mods be loaded before or after terrain generation output folders (load order question)?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Update: I've found this post talking about water effects and DynDOLOD.

sheson

13 Jan 2019

I have explained this many times: DynDOLOD copies the highest overwrites to create records in its own plugins. This includes the worldspace and cell records that define the default water in the world and the water in each cell specifically. If a mod that changes any of these is added later, it will have to be loaded after DynDOLOD plugins or you need to create new DynDOLOD plugins for the changed load order.

I have RW2 loaded after DynDOLOD, but I can't remember where I had it when I last ran DynDOLOD. I'll do some tests this week and see if that changes anything. Not sure if that's the correct path for this issue but it's all I could find.

Thank you. I think that makes sense. Also thanks for the prompt response.

Could there be a setting in some area that is preventing water from loading in it's proper meshes/textures unless the character is within a certain distance from it? Everything else looks splendid, but my Rivers do not seem to want to load the same distance out as my land.