Sign in to follow this  
Alastor

ctd, ils and impossible to load game when i using DynDOLOD

Question

I am starting a new game, when i using DynDolod i have many ctds and ils.

I cannot load my save game (the game crash quickly if i try).

I using MO 1 to manage the mods, but i have to use DynDOLOD 64 bits trought MO2 because the 32 bits version is always failed for a problem memory.

What could be a problem?

What can i do to resolve it?

12 answers to this question

FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used. Setup ENBoost correctly. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

Thanks for your help.

My last step: Running DynDOLOD with Skyrim.esm Worlds, Dragonborn Worlds and Dawnguard Worlds.

Last Log here: https://mega.nz/#!hcNBxCZT!14pwSc2dCJ-k6sXHK4ohuHY2Qh-2ZO2HORkEJuYpb-g

At this moment the game works fine. I can load the save games and y do not have crashes or infinity load screens.

I do not to use Safety Load.

I do not to use Memory Blocks Log.

I using Crash Fixes and SKSE plugin preloader.

About memory I suppose you are talking about this:

iIMi4O5.jpg

That is the interior of the Lost Echo Cave.

Next Steps:

Increase Custom Memory Blocks in crash fixes.

Run DynDOLOD with Skyrim.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Dragonborn.esm, Ayleid Citaded.esp, Raven Castle.esp and GomaPeroLand.esp

Update.

I've done many tests. I am pretty sure that is not a memory problem.

The problem seems the mod Beyond Reach or the Patch DynDOLOD for it:

My last Log until here: https://mega.nz/#!QYVGQCTS!xR_YGDK5yxl8QyquaSZN0t5Ygkm3hCD1Y6zPgT9WG8s

I will do two more tests: With Patch and without patch.

What is that patch for? What does?

At the beginning, the patch had two folders: For "arnima.esm" and for "arnima.esp".

I have deleted the "arnima.esp" folder because i use the esm version.

The fomod installer or package.txt explain what each patch contains.

"01 Beyond Reach contains a couple tree LOD billboards."

The fomod installer or package.txt explain what each patch contains.

"01 Beyond Reach contains a couple tree LOD billboards."

Thanks. After a many tests, i have discovered the patch for beyond reach was the problem.

When i deleted "arnima.esp" folder the problems fixed.

Of course, i still have some CTD because memory out, I consider it normal because i use many, many mods to adds new lands. One  or Two CTD per day is not a hard problem.

Now, i have another problem and this time i am pretty sure that DynDOLOD is the problem.

I have a CTD always in the same place when the player walk around that place.

I think that DynDOLOD is the problem because if i disable DynDOLOD Plugin, textures and Output the problem is gone.

The place is....relative,  i do not know what is the problem or where.

I put on here some pictures and some information:

Information DynDOLOD:

ay6sBqI.jpg

Picture of place:

uEio2C3.jpg

CTD Just before reaching the tree

Picture of the map location:

q4685VE.jpg

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. This should generally not be a problem with Skyrim Special Edition or Skyrim VR, but for Skyrim double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use the alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used. Setup ENBoost correctly. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

A: If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause. 

A: Large load orders with many plugins might surpass the reference handle cap. SSE Engine fixes prints a warning. See https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ag4wm7/psa_the_reference_handle_cap_or_diagnosing_one_of/ Setting Temporary=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GameMode].ini may help in these situations, however converting large new land plugins to ESM is the preferred solution. 

Thanks for the help.

It is not exactly a CTD, The game freezes and the game wants to close (A message appears on the screen).

This always happens in the same place.

I do not know where the option experimental "TreeFullFallBack". A picture with my settings DynDOLOD is at the first message.

Is it normal that the plugin DynDOLOD.esp has more than 500 errors?

For now, i have uninstalled DynDOLOD following the instructions of the readme file and i will try again.

A: Large load orders with many plugins might surpass the reference handle cap. SSE Engine fixes prints a warning. See https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ag4wm7/psa_the_reference_handle_cap_or_diagnosing_one_of/ Setting Temporary=1 in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[GameMode].ini may help in these situations, however converting large new land plugins to ESM is the preferred solution. 

FAQ: Checking for errors in DynDOLOD.esp or DynDOLOD.esm with xEdit

A: .. \ Record Flags -> are intentional and can be ignored. 

A: Any other error indicates a problem that should be reported to https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support