PapyrusCompiler Will NOT Run Under Any Circumstances; Even Post-Patching

PunkN

Question

First, I'll ask the (somewhat obvious) from the get-go; just to be sure as I can be that I'm not wasting anybody else's time like I have been my own since November....

"Is it 'normal' for papyruscompiler.exe to immediately close down/refuse to run just moments after I click to start 'er up? Yes, I guess one could say that a window of sorts does sorta pop-up but, I couldn't say what the contents of that window are.  It's up and gone before I can even finish inhaling as I get ready to scream again.."

If it is in fact normal and the fault is entirely on me, I was hoping I could get some insight on how I'm supposed to get this bad-boy up and running so that I can FINALLY move forward with my projects. 

I have already downloaded/installed the Papyrus Patch (via Tannin right here on STEP's site --- also being how I came to sign-up in an attempt to contact the dudes/dudettes responsible for making the only Papyrus related anything to actually brandish smile worthy results.  The dialogue says that my compiler was repaired but yet I still cannot start it up. 

I've tried following the instructions provided by Tannin, but my comm-prompt says that I'm not entering a valid file/destination/batch/etc. 

I've found no shortage of articles/posts/etc. in which others are along-side me in this 8.1-Papyrus nightmare.  I've also yet to find anyone who managed to successfully fix the problem with Papyrus refusing to do anything but take up space.

[[8.1 means: (3) "Program" File Destinations, (2) Steam/SSE/Data as well]]

I've also noticed (when I first looked into going around Papyrus) that --- although I have DL/installed the Papyrus plugin for Notepad++ --- when I access my list of plugins/add-ons, the Papyrus Plugin is the only plugin that doesn't seem to wan'na be found. 

Any help or guidance during these abysmal Papyrus "days-'o-delirium"; saying that I'd appreciate it would be a gross understatement! 

- PunkN's Specs -

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:PunkN/SystemSpecs

:teehee: Stay Cray-Cray  :woot:

1 answer to this question

PapyrusCompiler.exe is a command line program. So if you double-click it, it will behave as you say. And yes, that is normal behavior. Also, as long as you are running the newest version of Mod Organizer, there should be no need to patch it, as Mod Organizer now can run 64-bit.

Just in case you want to verify the integrity of PapyrusCompiler.exe, I have added the CRC32 hashes from my installation below...

CRC32 of PapyrusCompiler.exe before patching: 7FB75A28

CRC32 of PapyrusCompiler.exe after patching: 68C8F9FE

Edited by DoubleYou