Issues with Profiles

Tomack13

Question

I have switched from Nexus Mod Manager to Mod Organizer 2.20.  I have in game saves from when I was using Nexus Mod Manager and also the saves from the profile in Mod Organizer.

When I open any of the saves in game, that where created when I was using Nexus Mod Manager, the message comes up, that I am missing several mods that this save relies on. 

Another point in this matter is, if I select the Default profile all of the saves show up. If I select the profile that I created from Mod Organizer the saves from the profile of the character that I crated when using Nexus Mod Manager saves appear.  When selecting the profile from the Nexus Mod Manager it shows the correct saves but shows the missing mod error.

I have created three profiles.  The first is the default profile, one for the new character when starting the use of Mod Manager and one for the old character that was created when using Nexus Mod Manager.  All have basically the same set up.

I have transferred the saves for the Nexus character by copying them from the “global characters†to the “Characters for profile†for that character, in the profile manager within Mod Organizer.

7 answers to this question

Run Mod Organizer, click the Profiles button. Select each of the profiles and verify Local Saves is checked for all three profiles. It can be a bit confusing because it looks as if Local Saves applies to all profiles, but it really applies only to the selected profile.

Hi,

This is what I have.

Default profile: “Use profile specific Save Game†is checked.  “User profile special Game INI File†is checked.  If I select the “Transfer Saves†tab and it opens I have a group of files in the left box “Global Characters†and the right box is empty.

Character created in new Mod Organizer setup: The same settings.  Opening the “transfer Saves†tab there are groups of saves in both boxes.  The right saves are different from the left.  I was following “Gopher’s†tutorial and followed his directions and copied the left box to the right box.

Character created when using Nexus:  The same situation as the other character.

If I reverse what I had done and copy the file on the right back to the left side, will this correct the issue?  I am leery of doing this because of the window that opens and says “Copy all save games of that character to the global location?  Please be aware that this will ness up the running number of save gamesâ€.  Gopher said that would be correct but that video was done a wile ago and I know several things has changed in MO since then.

Thank you for the assistance.

You could copy all the saves in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" to a safe location first, then run Mod Organizer and copy the appropriate saves into your profile. Although this should be a relatively safe thing to do, you have the backup copies as extra insurance just in case.

I think I may have already screwed up.  When I go in game and select load all of the old saves are not there.  I checked the saves in the file you are suggesting and it seems all of the files are in there.  How would I get MO to recognize those save.  I have about four characters in there that were created in the old system.  Right now I can not access them in game or through MO.  I do have a new character that I created yesterday that is working fine.  I have one of the old characters from the old game that is set up correctly in MO.  The saves show in the right box and also when I enter the game through that profile, it shows up in game but it is telling me it is missing several mods.  This I really do not understand.  all of the mods are in MO and work fine.

Which saves the game sees depends on how your profile is configured. If you have "Use profile-specific Save Game" checked for this profile, the game sees only the saves stored in your profile. This is my preferred choice because it prevents me from accidentally loading a save for another profile.

If you do not have "Use profile-specific Save Game" checked for this profile, the game sees only the saves stored in the global location (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition). You can use this if you want, but you''ll see saves for all profiles and it can be difficult to manage if you use multiple profiles.

Go to Profiles, select the profile you want to use, ensure "Use profile-specific Save Games" is checked and click Transfer Saves.

The characters and saves in the left box (under Global Characters) are the saves in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Editiion

The characters and saves in the right box (under Character for profile Default) are the saves stored in selected profile

Select the character that is used in this profile in the left box and click Copy to copy the saves (or Move to move the saves) for this character to the right box. This moves all of the saves for this character into your selected profile. If you run the game now, you should see only the saves for this one character. Note that if you uncheck "Use profile-specific Save Games" for this profile, Mod Organizer asks if you want to delete the saves stored in the profile so don't uncheck this and select yes to delete or your saves may be permanently deleted.

I guess I was a little premature.  The one thing we haven't talk about is the situation of the missing .esp files.  I have worked around all but two of them.  I thought perhaps in re-doing the setup I might have changed to and update of the mod but that isn't the problem.  I have tried to re-download and re-install them but that doesn't seem to be the problem ether.  Could someone shed some light on this one?