Following 2.10.0. Should i use M.O 1 or could i use M.O 2 alredy?

FuzzyDuck

Question

Hail!
I'm following 2.10.0 as a base for a new Skyrim run. 
I'm aware that, when 3.0 Final finally releases, M.O 1 will be left behind and M.O2 will be the Manager to be used, at least that's what i was led to belive from some forum posts.
So, i wanted to ask, do you folk think there would be any problems on using M.O.2 for Oldrim right now? Or it's better to keep using the old one?

4 answers to this question

I don''t foresee any major issues if you use Mod Organizer 2 with the STEP 2.10 guide. You will need to load the dummy plugins for the high-resolution texture pack and you may see some minor differences in the textures use in the game, but these should be minor.

No, the "Have MO manage archives" option was dropped in Mod Organizer 2 because the code to support this option (and the option to allow files in archives to win conflicts over loose files) was overly complex and it makes more sense to let loose files win the same way as the base game.

MO2 offers the option to unpack BSAs as loose files when installing a mod that contains them. You should do this for all BSAs with contents that would conflict with each other, otherwise just leave them packed for performance reasons.

Edited by Zarggg