DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

• 2 months later...

i've gotten to the step of installing thru dyndolod.exe and i keep getting this error. i have the resources files in the data folder so i'm not really sure what i'm missing here? any help would be appreciated
image.thumb.png.7a352d2dd62a64285544f61839084bf3.png
i have also had a very hard time following the q
uick start installation guide so i followed the video on that page that uses nexus mod manager. everything else i did following the video worked fine.

Edited by krillshot

1 hour ago, krillshot said:

i've gotten to the step of installing thru dyndolod.exe and i keep getting this error. i have the resources files in the data folder so i'm not really sure what i'm missing here? any help would be appreciated
image.thumb.png.7a352d2dd62a64285544f61839084bf3.png
i have also had a very hard time following the q
uick start installation guide so i followed the video on that page that uses nexus mod manager. everything else i did following the video worked fine.

edit: i have installed it properly now, my game starts and everything is fine. but i am having a bug where i can't see my inventory items? or any items in the inventory. i dont know if it's related or not but if anyone knows what's going on please lmk

6 hours ago, krillshot said:

edit: i have installed it properly now, my game starts and everything is fine. but i am having a bug where i can't see my inventory items? or any items in the inventory. i dont know if it's related or not but if anyone knows what's going on please lmk

Based on the "information" provided, not seeing items in the inventory is unrelated to anything DynDOLOD.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Based on the "information" provided, not seeing items in the inventory is unrelated to anything DynDOLOD.

i have unfortunately encountered another bug that i do believe is related to DynDOLOD. i have installed it properly, it is registered as initialized in the game mod configuration menu.
after leaving an in and walking down a main road, the terrain around my player started to go low-poly as if i was far away? and the further i went the worse it got until i was walking through a 2d plane of stone road texture. i tried to wait in game to see if it would do anything but it just froze my game.

i'm really not sure what other 'information' to give. i have never encountered issues like this before nor do i know where to look for an error log either.

Edited by krillshot

1 hour ago, krillshot said:

i have unfortunately encountered another bug that i do believe is related to DynDOLOD. i have installed it properly, it is registered as initialized in the game mod configuration menu.
after leaving an in and walking down a main road, the terrain around my player started to go low-poly as if i was far away? and the further i went the worse it got until i was walking through a 2d plane of stone road texture. i tried to wait in game to see if it would do anything but it just froze my game.

i'm really not sure what other 'information' to give. i have never encountered issues like this before nor do i know where to look for an error log either.

DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. It does not change or affect terrain LOD. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Typical information to provide would be game version, load order, mods, INI settings, mod manager, DynDOLOD logs, what basic troubleshooting was done.

One obvious first troubleshooting step would be to disable the DynDOLOD output to test if a problem goes away and if it comes back when enabling the output again. Then testing with a new game with coc whiterun from main menu console, etc.

Follow the omnipresent recommendation to check the documentation, in particular the ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt answers for Q: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD generates object and tree LOD. It does not change or affect terrain LOD. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works.

Typical information to provide would be game version, load order, mods, INI settings, mod manager, DynDOLOD logs, what basic troubleshooting was done.

One obvious first troubleshooting step would be to disable the DynDOLOD output to test if a problem goes away and if it comes back when enabling the output again. Then testing with a new game with coc whiterun from main menu console, etc.

Follow the omnipresent recommendation to check the documentation, in particular the ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt answers for Q: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models.

disabling and re-enabling seemed to fix the terrain problem. i still don't know what to do about the missing inventory item previews but i guess i'll look elsewhere. thank you for the help.

Edited by krillshot

• 2 months later...

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and bug report: https://paste.ee/p/iWWPd

As you can see, I'm getting a lot of:

"Found reference 0005D2BE  using base element 0008FC40 WRCastleMainBuilding01LOD     disabled [REFR:0005D2BE] (places WRCastleMainBuilding01LOD [STAT:0008FC40] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior11 [CELL:000095BC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,0))"

Then at the end:

<Error: Access violation at address 000000000041527D in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 000000009B8E1008>
<Error: Access violation at address 00000000004277C8 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 000000009B8E7010>
[00:23] Exception in unit userscript line 255: One or more errors occurred
[00:23] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for those errors.
[00:00:49.016]    [00:23] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/
[00:23] Error: One or more errors occurred

I've looked on this forum and found similar issues, and usually it involves bashed patch. However, mine is already disabled.

Other things I've tried include:

• enable/disable certain mods
  • mark light or regular on the mod at line 255 (the mod changes as my load order changes with the enabling and disabling of certain mods, but it always gives the exception at line 255... strange)
  • uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD
  • verified game files
  • sacrificed to the SkyrimSE gods (no reply yet)

This is my last hope. I've used DynDOLOD before with no issues, so I really have no idea what's happening.

Edited by ohmyduck

3 hours ago, ohmyduck said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and bug report: https://paste.ee/p/iWWPd

As you can see, I'm getting a lot of:

"Found reference 0005D2BE  using base element 0008FC40 WRCastleMainBuilding01LOD     disabled [REFR:0005D2BE] (places WRCastleMainBuilding01LOD [STAT:0008FC40] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WhiterunExterior11 [CELL:000095BC] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 6,0))"

Then at the end:

<Error: Access violation at address 000000000041527D in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 000000009B8E1008>
<Error: Access violation at address 00000000004277C8 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 000000009B8E7010>
[00:23] Exception in unit userscript line 255: One or more errors occurred
[00:23] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ for those errors.
[00:00:49.016]    [00:23] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/
[00:23] Error: One or more errors occurred

I've looked on this forum and found similar issues, and usually it involves bashed patch. However, mine is already disabled.

Other things I've tried include:

• enable/disable certain mods
  • mark light or regular on the mod at line 255 (the mod changes as my load order changes with the enabling and disabling of certain mods, but it always gives the exception at line 255... strange)
  • uninstalled and reinstalled DynDOLOD
  • verified game files
  • sacrificed to the SkyrimSE gods (no reply yet)

This is my last hope. I've used DynDOLOD before with no issues, so I really have no idea what's happening.

The log shows there is a problem when generating tree LOD.
Line 255 has nothing to with plugin load orders.

See what happens when you use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. Do not install any third party billboards, let TexGen generate them all instead.

Alternatively check all plugin in the load order for error with xEdit.

On 11/1/2022 at 12:05 AM, sheson said:

The log shows there is a problem when generating tree LOD.
Line 255 has nothing to with plugin load orders.

See what happens when you use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. Do not install any third party billboards, let TexGen generate them all instead.

Alternatively check all plugin in the load order for error with xEdit.

Just wanted to give an update. Switching to DynDOLOD 3 Alpha helped me and it was more specific on what exactly my issue was, which allowed me to fix it quickly. 10/10 recommend! Thanks so much for the quick response!

• 1 month later...

I don't mean this to be accusatory...  but just how much IS DynDOLOD capable of screwing up the game?   

Asking because...  how to put this? 
I've been installing a lot of mods lately. It wasn't causing me too much trouble until today.   And technically today isn't the first time I've ran DynDOLOD, though I believe it was the first time I copied from its target folder to the Data folder.    I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions closely, though there are so damned many of them that it overrode my short-term memory span, so I don't remember whether I did it right or not.    
BUT...  after running it for the last time, I noticed that Skyrim VR was frequently freezing up and not progressing.  
So after some testing and poking, I found that deactivating the DynDOLOD files in the plugin list stopped the freezing.  

But that came with other issues.   For some bizarre reason, I started getting weird animation stuttering that looks like FPS drops (though I can't see the FPS in-game, so I have no damned clue).   It just seems REALLY conspicuous now.  As in NPCs seem to vibrate when they walk past, and menu screens vibrate weirdly if I move my head.  
I've tried deleting all the files that came from DynDOLOD but that doesn't seem to fix it.   I also tried deactivating all the other mods I installed today, but that didn't fix it. 
I've tried starting the game over from scratch, and that didn't seem to fix it either.   In fact nothing seems to be fixing it...  

I'm completely at a loss now.  I just want to know if DynDOLOD is capable of causing the problems I'm describing under any circumstances, because I can't narrow down the cause of the problem.   Like maybe it stealth-changed something in Skyrim's INI files or somesuch?  

...  Oh... and something changed my computer's region setting to United States from United Kingdom.   THAT I'm frankly horrified by.  I have no damned clue what is going on,  nor whether that change has anything to do with the others, but it is frustrating and confusing (and having to register here just to ask this question rather than being able to ask back at the Nexus is the icing on the stress-cake). 

8 hours ago, SotiCoto said:

I don't mean this to be accusatory...  but just how much IS DynDOLOD capable of screwing up the game?   

Asking because...  how to put this? 
I've been installing a lot of mods lately. It wasn't causing me too much trouble until today.   And technically today isn't the first time I've ran DynDOLOD, though I believe it was the first time I copied from its target folder to the Data folder.    I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions closely, though there are so damned many of them that it overrode my short-term memory span, so I don't remember whether I did it right or not.    
BUT...  after running it for the last time, I noticed that Skyrim VR was frequently freezing up and not progressing.  
So after some testing and poking, I found that deactivating the DynDOLOD files in the plugin list stopped the freezing.  

But that came with other issues.   For some bizarre reason, I started getting weird animation stuttering that looks like FPS drops (though I can't see the FPS in-game, so I have no damned clue).   It just seems REALLY conspicuous now.  As in NPCs seem to vibrate when they walk past, and menu screens vibrate weirdly if I move my head.  
I've tried deleting all the files that came from DynDOLOD but that doesn't seem to fix it.   I also tried deactivating all the other mods I installed today, but that didn't fix it. 
I've tried starting the game over from scratch, and that didn't seem to fix it either.   In fact nothing seems to be fixing it...  

I'm completely at a loss now.  I just want to know if DynDOLOD is capable of causing the problems I'm describing under any circumstances, because I can't narrow down the cause of the problem.   Like maybe it stealth-changed something in Skyrim's INI files or somesuch?  

...  Oh... and something changed my computer's region setting to United States from United Kingdom.   THAT I'm frankly horrified by.  I have no damned clue what is going on,  nor whether that change has anything to do with the others, but it is frustrating and confusing (and having to register here just to ask this question rather than being able to ask back at the Nexus is the icing on the stress-cake). 

These problems have obviously nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, sheson said:

These problems have obviously nothing to do with DynDOLOD.

Okay.  Well, it quite clearly wasn't obvious to me, or I wouldn't have asked.

Anyhow...  I've got something completely new that I've been informed probably IS something to do with DynDOLOD, though I didn't initially expect it (because everything initially suggested it was an issue with dialogue). 

I'm trying to work out how to fix a persistent crashing issue near Sarethi Farm with the help of some folks on the CrashLogger page at the Nexus.  
Here is a pastebin of the crash log.
It was suggested to me that DynDOLOD was to blame, probably because it came up quite a few times in the crash log.
And from the testing I've been able to do so far, the crashing doesn't seem to occur if the DynDOLOD files aren't active.  
Re-running the program didn't fix it either, unfortunately.  
Here is the DynDOLOD Log file, though I couldn't upload this to pastebin as it was too large.

So... you wouldn't happen to have any insight, would you?   

3 hours ago, SotiCoto said:

Okay.  Well, it quite clearly wasn't obvious to me, or I wouldn't have asked.

Anyhow...  I've got something completely new that I've been informed probably IS something to do with DynDOLOD, though I didn't initially expect it (because everything initially suggested it was an issue with dialogue). 

I'm trying to work out how to fix a persistent crashing issue near Sarethi Farm with the help of some folks on the CrashLogger page at the Nexus.  
Here is a pastebin of the crash log.
It was suggested to me that DynDOLOD was to blame, probably because it came up quite a few times in the crash log.
And from the testing I've been able to do so far, the crashing doesn't seem to occur if the DynDOLOD files aren't active.  
Re-running the program didn't fix it either, unfortunately.  
Here is the DynDOLOD Log file, though I couldn't upload this to pastebin as it was too large.

So... you wouldn't happen to have any insight, would you?   

..\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt "Q: Game: ILS or CTD" and ..\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt

Look up the reference xx00204C in DynDOLOD.esm mentioned by the crash log in xEdit.
Check the reference has a base record defined (not null not unresolved).
Check what NIF the base records defines and that it exists.
Check that the NIF loads in Nifskope without error.
Check what textures the NIF uses, if they exist and if they are using a valid compression and have [power of 2 resolution.

Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. It is much better avoiding using/reporting problematic assets.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

..\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt "Q: Game: ILS or CTD" and ..\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt

Look up the reference xx00204C in DynDOLOD.esm mentioned by the crash log in xEdit.
Check the reference has a base record defined (not null not unresolved).
Check what NIF the base records defines and that it exists.
Check that the NIF loads in Nifskope without error.
Check what textures the NIF uses, if they exist and if they are using a valid compression and have [power of 2 resolution.

Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. It is much better avoiding using/reporting problematic assets.

Okay.  I'll take your last bit of advice for sure. 
I think it might be too late for the other part since I'd already tried rebuilding the DynDOLOD files when I was trying to fix the issue.  I'd guess that the IDs probably change when it is rebuilt, though I don't know.  I mean... do they?