DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi sheson, been using this mod for 6 plus years, never one issue, until today :/. I have a very simple question. This dumb texture is showing up near Gallery of the Dragonborn in Solitude. My guess is its due to a mod that placed its lod there or billboard there, not Dyn. But either way, how do I tell/check? I obviously can't click on it in the console and going under the floor just reveals more of this bushy texture. I've done a full load order scrape (deactivating each one) and Dyn is the cause *but as I said I doubt this is a Dyn error, I just want help figuring out how to identify where this lod came from*

Thank you!

Image: https://imgur.com/a/ccITa3E

Load Order: https://pastebin.com/pbPybahi

2 hours ago, revonoc said:

Hi sheson, been using this mod for 6 plus years, never one issue, until today :/. I have a very simple question. This dumb texture is showing up near Gallery of the Dragonborn in Solitude. My guess is its due to a mod that placed its lod there or billboard there, not Dyn. But either way, how do I tell/check? I obviously can't click on it in the console and going under the floor just reveals more of this bushy texture. I've done a full load order scrape (deactivating each one) and Dyn is the cause *but as I said I doubt this is a Dyn error, I just want help figuring out how to identify where this lod came from*

Thank you!

Image: https://imgur.com/a/ccITa3E

Load Order: https://pastebin.com/pbPybahi

This looks like FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

A: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

Which means you should be able to find the full model(s) and click it for its form id in the parent world Tamriel.

Or you could just remove the unnecessary 3rd party billboards for small fauna like this so they do not have any tree LOD generated.

Or use ultra tree LOD - with billboards in all LOD levels if performance if of concern.

DynDOLOD 3 should ignore such trees for standard tree LOD automatically if they are placed in cells coordinates covered by the walled cities.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

This looks like FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in child worlds / towns

A: This is a game engine limitation. A mod added trees into the same area in the parent world. Either disable that mod when generating tree LOD, or add a XESP - Enable Parent to the player reference 0x00000014 to each tree in question. Tree LOD generation skips all trees with enable parents leaving them to be done as static object or dynamic LOD which don't have the limitation. See the section 'Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Mods that add trees to the same area as child worlds' in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html for more information and how to use DynDOLOD rules to address the issue.

Which means you should be able to find the full model(s) and click it for its form id in the parent world Tamriel.

Or you could just remove the unnecessary 3rd party billboards for small fauna like this so they do not have any tree LOD generated.

Or use ultra tree LOD - with billboards in all LOD levels if performance if of concern.

DynDOLOD 3 should ignore such trees for standard tree LOD automatically if they are placed in cells coordinates covered by the walled cities.

Thanks for the fast reply!

I actually already read that FAQ entry (RTFM, I know!) but there isn't any actual full model/object for me to click it. I'm going to dig through my billboards / billboard-providing mods for anything sending something like this shrub. My best guess is there are billboards from a mod that I have a different version of, so in the cell, there is no bush, but in the billboards, there is. I'll get back to you! I think I will just deselect those billboards if/when I find them and rerun it -- I'll let you know

Also, I understand there's lots to read (and I've done so!) about Dyn3, but is there any reason I wouldn't want to upgrade? Are there any mods that don't work? I saw some mod author note they had to package their lods differently, and I wasn't sure if I should be worried about compatibility.

29 minutes ago, revonoc said:

Thanks for the fast reply!

I actually already read that FAQ entry (RTFM, I know!) but there isn't any actual full model/object for me to click it. I'm going to dig through my billboards / billboard-providing mods for anything sending something like this shrub. My best guess is there are billboards from a mod that I have a different version of, so in the cell, there is no bush, but in the billboards, there is. I'll get back to you! I think I will just deselect those billboards if/when I find them and rerun it -- I'll let you know

Also, I understand there's lots to read (and I've done so!) about Dyn3, but is there any reason I wouldn't want to upgrade? Are there any mods that don't work? I saw some mod author note they had to package their lods differently, and I wasn't sure if I should be worried about compatibility.

There has to be a reference / full model in the Tamriel worldspace / outside Solitude if there isn't one  in the Solitude worldspace.

There can only be one tree LOD btt for the area loaded at a time. The billboard that is used for tree LOD generation is probably from HD LOD installation.

DynDOLOD 3 is currently in Alpha test. It is already used by guides and  usually LOD generation and the generated LOD are typically stable. However, things make break / change between versions. Pay attention to the change log.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

There has to be a reference / full model in the Tamriel worldspace / outside Solitude if there isn't one  in the Solitude worldspace.

There can only be one tree LOD btt for the area loaded at a time. The billboard that is used for tree LOD generation is probably from HD LOD installation.

DynDOLOD 3 is currently in Alpha test. It is already used by guides and  usually LOD generation and the generated LOD are typically stable. However, things make break / change between versions. Pay attention to the change log.

I can't seem to find something similar when I tcl and fly into the city when in Tamriel worldspace, super weird. Given that, even if I disable the billboards, Dyn might still generate something for that spot if there's an .esp placing that bush? I have Skyrim 3d trees+plants (with billboards), 3D Landscapes, and SFO textures and billboards (with no esp). I'll regenerate today ASAP, likely starting by disabling SFO's textures but without an esp I don't think it could be at fault right? My understanding is limited as you can tell haha

and re: Dyn, given that I've been using this since the early days, I'm not worried about glitches/instablity, more if I have to dig through and find all billboards and disable them? / any compatibility issues.

55 minutes ago, revonoc said:

I can't seem to find something similar when I tcl and fly into the city when in Tamriel worldspace, super weird. Given that, even if I disable the billboards, Dyn might still generate something for that spot if there's an .esp placing that bush? I have Skyrim 3d trees+plants (with billboards), 3D Landscapes, and SFO textures and billboards (with no esp). I'll regenerate today ASAP, likely starting by disabling SFO's textures but without an esp I don't think it could be at fault right? My understanding is limited as you can tell haha

and re: Dyn, given that I've been using this since the early days, I'm not worried about glitches/instablity, more if I have to dig through and find all billboards and disable them? / any compatibility issues.

Tree/object LOD is only generated for enabled references that exist in plugins. If the tree LOD is generated for that load order, there *should* be something there.

LOD can only be generated for base records for which LOD assets exist / have been assigned. If no billboard exists for that tree, not LOD can be generated for it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Tree/object LOD is only generated for enabled references that exist in plugins. If the tree LOD is generated for that load order, there *should* be something there.

LOD can only be generated for base records for which LOD assets exist / have been assigned. If no billboard exists for that tree, not LOD can be generated for it.

So, I gave up on troubleshooting this and have gone to 3.0 today! Working beautifully, literally zero issues after I confirmed that all my crappy billboards were gone :) not sure about grass LODs yet, but thanks again for years of Skyrim for me!

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Mindpush said:

When I try to generate TexGen I get this error  (I have also included the log)

TexGenError.PNG

Log.txt 16.3 kB · 0 downloads

See https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15604-texgen-error-cannot-copy-resource-the-system-can-not-find-the-path-specified/

The message typically means TexGen is being prevented to write to the output path by Antivir.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you I looked at the FAQ but I didn't see this problem or I missed it. Long story short I originally installed Skyrim in my program files and I just moved it onto my D drive. The problem is DynDOLOD is still looking in my C drive for files. How do I change that?

LOD.png

8 hours ago, Zerin99 said:

Sorry to bother you I looked at the FAQ but I didn't see this problem or I missed it. Long story short I originally installed Skyrim in my program files and I just moved it onto my D drive. The problem is DynDOLOD is still looking in my C drive for files. How do I change that?

Start the launcher of the game once to update the Windows Registry information for the game path.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

Start the launcher of the game once to update the Windows Registry information for the game path.

Thanks that seems to have done it. I imagine need to run DynDOLOD and TexGen if I change mods that would affect them, right?

47 minutes ago, Zerin99 said:

Thanks that seems to have done it. I imagine need to run DynDOLOD and TexGen if I change mods that would affect them, right?

See "Updating" in ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html

• 3 weeks later...

I think I messed up my game when I changed the display settings in my skyrim se graphics menu. Despite changing the slider back, the thing seems to be persistent now. Could also be due to me changing some ENB settings somehow...
It now doesn't appear to show the low rendered trees from far away. So they just pop in out of the blue when I walk a few steps. The picture underneath shows how trees pop in from a few steps. Uncertain if this is fixable tbh. May very well be a my game problem, but thought i'd try my luck here since people here seems a lot smarter than me when it comes to modding. I have searched online, but i'm very small brain when it comes to these things, and don't really fully understand it as far as solutions goes.  I been reading you could perhaps change the numbers in ones ini settings, but i'm not sure how or where to do that, or if its even a wise idea to touch.

I'm now mid game in a playthrough, so i'm afraid to touch anything that forces me to start over... I'm using vortex mod manager.
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-lBkGMxox3VIxcuU.jpg

Edited by Tayte