DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

26 minutes ago, Protect_Dreams said:
Hello,

i have this error message for the last instalation. I do not know why.

The message says in plain English: 

Can not find DynDOLOD Resource SE ...

Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for Skyrim.

Read requirements for Skyrim VR (from DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html):

DynDOLOD Resources SE - Make sure to use DynDOLOD Resources SE versions only with matching or higher DynDOLOD Standalone versions but never with older versions. Do not mix with DynDOLOD Resources for Skyrim.

The first post has Nexus and Mega links to download DynDOLOD Resources SE.

38 minutes ago, Protect_Dreams said:

Thank you for your reply.

I have the VR version of the games. I don't understand which DynDOLOd to take? I used this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMrjXivssso&t=297s

And I did put -tes5vr.

Read the first paragraph of the first post. Read the section "Required Skyrim SE and Skyrim VR". It has all the links for everything that is required, including the link to DynDOLOD Resources SE.
Once you downloaded and unpacked the DynDOLOD Standalone 2.96 beta, read the ..\DynDOLOD\Quickstart.html and ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_TES5VR.html

I do not understand.

I installed resource 2.88 with vortex
I use Dyndolod 2.96 Texgenx64 installs well. I have the RAR file in vortex after.

But then dyndolodX64 crashes again. I did, however, take a good look at what you told me.

http://www.noelshack.com/2021-39-5-1633100224-captureb.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/2021-39-5-1633100228-capturek.jpg

19 minutes ago, Protect_Dreams said:

I do not understand.

I installed resource 2.88 with vortex
I use Dyndolod 2.96 Texgenx64 installs well. I have the RAR file in vortex after.

But then dyndolodX64 crashes again. I did, however, take a good look at what you told me.

http://www.noelshack.com/2021-39-5-1633100224-captureb.jpg

http://www.noelshack.com/2021-39-5-1633100228-capturek.jpg

DynDOLOD does not crash. It stops because it detected an installation error.

Do not install DynDOLOD Resources intended for Skyrim.

As explained in the first post and the manual, Skyrim SE/VR requires DynDOLOD Resource SE. The first post also has the download links.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

I've a bit of a mystery here.  I'm using Dyndolod v2 and Skyrim 3D Plants and Trees, and here's pictures of how the mod's TreePineForest01/2/3.Nif comes out close up.  You'll see the tree is reverted back to the vanilla mesh and texture.

I use MO2, have done for years. Including using Dyndolod for ages. Now, no matter what I do to this 3D Trees mod, this tree type remains a blurry tex/mesh disaster. I made sure I removed any overwriting mod, checked I have the Billboards. Ran LodGen with SSEEdit. Ran Dyndolod with my usual set up. And.... :(

(By the way I removed Jedi Trees and re-Dyndolodded since I took the screenshots).

Only if I switch off Dyndolod (v2) in my load order does it suddenly revert to the modded tree I expect. 

I'm at a loss for ideas. I've not had this happen before on prior play-throughs!  Why and how is this type of tree being stripped of its textures and reverted? 

All other LOD has generated pretty much as expected. I'm using the Ultra trees generation. I'll clean up and re-run the process in the mean time.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Bluegunk

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

Hi folks!

I've a bit of a mystery here.  I'm using Dyndolod v2 and Skyrim 3D Plants and Trees, and here's pictures of how the mod's TreePineForest01/2/3.Nif comes out close up.  You'll see the tree is reverted back to the vanilla mesh and texture.

I use MO2, have done for years. Including using Dyndolod for ages. Now, no matter what I do to this 3D Trees mod, this tree type remains a blurry tex/mesh disaster. I made sure I removed any overwriting mod, checked I have the Billboards. Ran LodGen with SSEEdit. Ran Dyndolod with my usual set up. And.... :(

(By the way I removed Jedi Trees and re-Dyndolodded since I took the screenshots).

Only if I switch off Dyndolod (v2) in my load order does it suddenly revert to the modded tree I expect. 

I'm at a loss for ideas. I've not had this happen before on prior play-throughs!  Why and how is this type of tree being stripped of its textures and reverted? 

All other LOD has generated pretty much as expected. I'm using the Ultra trees generation. I'll clean up and re-run the process in the mean time.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you!

The load order of plugins changed after DynDOLOD.esp was generated. Either resolve the conflict of the base record in xEdit manually or generate LOD from scratch for the new load order.

Thanks for your quick reply!  I just redid an entire LOD generation using Dyndolod V2 - no changes in LO, and still have this weird issue.

Here's an updated set of pictures

Now, when running Dyndolod I understand I have to omit the Bashed Patch, and I also find the Window Shadows mod and its patches generates a Dyndolod error if active and stop the process. Would these being omitted cause the load order problem?  

Thanks for advice and patience. I'll rummage around SSEEdit for the moment, see if I can understand where I am going wrong.

36 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

Thanks for your quick reply!  I just redid an entire LOD generation using Dyndolod V2 - no changes in LO, and still have this weird issue.

Here's an updated set of pictures

Now, when running Dyndolod I understand I have to omit the Bashed Patch, and I also find the Window Shadows mod and its patches generates a Dyndolod error if active and stop the process. Would these being omitted cause the load order problem?  

Thanks for advice and patience. I'll rummage around SSEEdit for the moment, see if I can understand where I am going wrong.

DynDOLOD copies the base record from the highest winning plugin at the time of LOD generation to create the DynDOLOD plugins.

What that last record says the full model for the tree is, is the full model of the tree the game will load and show in the game.

Finalize the load order before generating LOD. Make sure the overwrite order of plugins is what you want it to be. Then generate LOD from scratch so the winning records are being copied.

If DynDOLOD reports errors in a plugin,  fix the errors in the plugin or remove it permanently.

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD copies the base record from the highest winning plugin at the time of LOD generation to create the DynDOLOD plugins.

What that last record says the full model for the tree is, is the full model of the tree the game will load and show in the game.

Finalize the load order before generating LOD. Make sure the overwrite order of plugins is what you want it to be. Then generate LOD from scratch so the winning records are being copied.

If a plugin has errors, fix the errors in the plugin or remove it permanently.

Thank you for your help. I think I have spotted what is going on in SSEEdit. I have a Billboard for Skyrim 3D Plants and Trees that has been superseded with the mod's incorporated LOD, in a different folder structure too. Dyndolod is pulling in the older, wrong model. :facepalm:

I'll go and sort this out, then let you know how much face-palming and head-hanging I had to do...

19 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

Thank you for your help. I think I have spotted what is going on in SSEEdit. I have a Billboard for Skyrim 3D Plants and Trees that has been superseded with the mod's incorporated LOD, in a different folder structure too. Dyndolod is pulling in the older, wrong model. :facepalm:

I'll go and sort this out, then let you know how much face-palming and head-hanging I had to do...

Existing LOD files in meshes or textures\terrain\[worldspace]\*.* do not affect LOD generation.

DynDOLOD always uses the "correct" folder and filename path convention for billboards first. Pay attention to the log messages about the billboards.

LOD assets do not affect full models.

Shall do. I've tidied things up and done a re-run, but with exactly the same result. I'm calling it a day now (UK time) and will continue tomorrow.

I've never faced this particular problem before, and it is proving really hard to track down what is going on. On your advice, I'll trawl through the logs again tomorrow and see what is going on with these billboards.

Many thanks for helping. And also thanks for this awesome LOD generation tool. It never ceases to amaze me how cool it is, and the results are (normally) amazing. Until twits like me muck it up!

I'll let you know how it turns out. Cheers!

UPDATE: found the problem at last. SkyTest changes wind factors in the trees. It also uses vanilla tree models which were being picked up by Dyndolod. I decided to pull that mod and all is now good. I expect in previous play-throughs the tree mods loaded after it, which is why the problem didn't surface for me before.

Thanks for your time! I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bluegunk

• 1 month later...

Running into a wall here at the end of my outside the game setup; when I run DynDOLOD, I get this: 8jdvDGC.png

I think the problem it's having, at least in part, is that I used Steam Mover to put SSE on my SSD C: drive, but it looks like that doesn't properly update everything. I've managed to figure out everything else in this setup until now, so is there a way to make it see where the game currently is? I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DynDOLOD Resources SE multiple times, too, so I have no idea why it isn't finding that.

40 minutes ago, somnomania said:

I've managed to figure out everything else in this setup until now, so is there a way to make it see where the game currently is?

• Verify that the path to the Skyrim SE installation folder is correct in the Windows registry, and update it if not. The registry key is: 
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim Special Edition\installed path
  • OR manually specify the path to the data folder with a DynDOLOD command-line option (making sure to put a \ at the end), in MO's Executables configuration panel:
-D:"C:\path\to\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\"
  • You don't need to use a tool such as Steam Mover to move your games. This functionality is now built into the Steam client. Steam > Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders button. From there you can create additional library folders on different disk drives, and move games between them.
Edited by Mousetick