DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Updated from 2.44/2.50  to 2.45/2.52  today.

Can't quit the program without killing the process...just keeps saying failed to create .esm and making  a 0k backup file over and over.

I have the same problem, error saving DynDOLOD.esm: Assertion failure  appears and I can not close the program, I can only use the task manager

Yeah, experiencing the same thing here.

I have the same problem, error saving DynDOLOD.esm: Assertion failure  appears and I can not close the program, I can only use the task manager

I thought it was just me.  I wonder if this is only happening to a few of us?

Are you guys using MO2?

Edited by sirjesto

I still have the issue 

DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully.

[00:14:53.473] [00:49] Saving: DynDOLOD.esm
[00:14:53.964] [00:50] Saving: DynDOLOD.esp
[00:14:53.965] [00:50] Error saving DynDOLOD.esp: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 14550)
[00:14:53.976] [00:50] Errors have occured. At least one file was not saved.
[00:14:53.992] [00:50] Done saving.

I have deactivated a plenty of mods, still the same.

I'm the only one with " Error saving DynDOLOD.esp"  ::|: 

Edited by Vokans

I still have the issue 

Yeah I am getting it on the .esm

Yeah, using MO2. I don't even have a log though because I had to close the process via Task Manager.

Ok, yeah me too.

I still have the issue 

No you aren't- for me, the .esm saves nicely but the .esp doesn't save. After I close the program with Task Manager I do somewhat have an .esp actually, but it's 0 bytes.  ::(:

As an example, one of the warnings says

<Warning: Error loading Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\ReachFern02_000B8A6F.dds>

I tried looking for that specific file in the TexGen_Output and DynDOLOD Resources, but I can't find it. This is also the case with the other warnings. All of them are pointing to "Textures\Terrain\LODGen\..."

Regarding the "missing model" errors, I found this in the DynDOLOD log:

References using base records with missing models can cause CTD.

(1) Verify that all required BSA files are loaded.
MO archive management is incompatible with many 3rd party tools like xEdit and consequently DynDOLOD.exe.
Check this startup log on top, to make sure all required BSA files are loaded via a matching esp filename.

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable MO2 archive management, as far as i know, unlike in MO where there is a checkbox to disable it.

If there are no such texture you can ignore the messages about them. I will remove the useless message next update.

Missing models with the current Bruma is "normal" at the moment and should be OK. Archive management is is not available in MO2, so it is like always off.

@sirjesto @Martimius @bloody11

It is possible a recent xEdit update did "something".

When DynDOLOD finishes, close it with "Check Log", then mark and copy paste the log from the message window and upload please. Also upload bugreport.txt as well if it is exists. 

Edited by sheson

If there are no such texture you can ignore the messages about them. I will remove the useless message next update.

Missing models with the current Bruma is "normal" at the moment and should be OK. Archive management is is not available in MO2, so it is like always off.

I see. Problem solved then. Thanks a lot!

I have a bugreport.txt from 2.52, if it helps. 

I ran into the "not being able to save or exit" problem if I used the advanced features (don't recall which ones) on high, but was able to complete the run with standard 'high' settings from the wizard. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbvej1igcmpo0fs/bugreport.txt?dl=0 

Two things I noted in the bug report. 

1) exception message  : Can not copy [REFR:0506312F] (places TreePineForest02 [TREE:00018A02] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -18,25) from Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521).

2) main thread ($560), inner exception level 1:

>> EAssertionFailed, Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521)
00fdc7f7 +217 DynDOLODx64.exe wbImplementation 13523  +9 TwbGroupRecord.Create

--> There is no "C:\Delphi" directory on my computer. 
Edited by BlairInKW

I have a bugreport.txt from 2.52, if it helps. 

I ran into the "not being able to save or exit" problem if I used the advanced features (don't recall which ones) on high, but was able to complete the run with standard 'high' settings from the wizard. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbvej1igcmpo0fs/bugreport.txt?dl=0 

Two things I noted in the bug report. 

1) exception message  : Can not copy [REFR:0506312F] (places TreePineForest02 [TREE:00018A02] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -18,25) from Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521).

2) main thread ($560), inner exception level 1:

>> EAssertionFailed, Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521)
00fdc7f7 +217 DynDOLODx64.exe wbImplementation 13523  +9 TwbGroupRecord.Create

--> There is no "C:\Delphi" directory on my computer. 

1) No entire log uploaded.

FAQ: DynDOLOD.exe: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: Can not copy xxxx from xxxx.esp into xxx.esp

A: Often caused by a broken bashed patch. Use a newer Wrye Bash version to create the patch or do not use the merge patches option. 

A: There might be plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

2) Of course not. That path exists on the machine that has the sources and was used to compile the exe
Edited by sheson

@sirjesto @Martimius @bloody11 @Vokans

Please check if version 2.53 fixes the problem of not being able to save a valid DynDOLOD.esp for you.

I wasn't able to save DynDOLOD.esp with 2.52 but I am with 2.53. Thanks for the quick update.