DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

About the installation path, I used this thing called Steam Mover.

I ran Texconvx64.exe using command prompt, but it closes too suddenly for me to inspect everything on it. So I just tried to press PrtScrn as soon as the program blinks. Here is what I got: https://www.mediafire.com/view/xvka1j1jj5k59y9/idk.png/file

It definitely detects the right adapter.

I tried your suggestion about the texture format. Indeed the file is smaller. Here is the updated TexGen log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/796mb21d6tpg1ss/TexGen_SSE_log2.txt/file

However DynDOLOD still failed with the same error code. And also, the folder D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\ is empty.

Unfortunately I can't bring back the game to the default location because my C drive is already almost full, so I don't know anymore.

Open a "command prompt" first, then run the program in it. The standard output of a program can be forwarded into a text file by adding > file.txt at the end.

Since TexGen was creating textures with BC7 without problems, there is no need to change its compression settings or to rerun TexGen.

If DynDOLOD still shows a FAILED (xxxxxxxx) message, double check that not one or more of the INI settings in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini is still set to use BC7. 

If you are sure none of the settings uses BC7, then it might mean the FAILED messages comes from trying to read a BC7 texture.

The game location or location of the tools themselves should not matter.

The system drive C being nearly full could the be a reason for the problem, as there might be not enough room for temp files in c:\windows\temp or C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp, the paging file or other OS things.

You can use the -:t command line argument for DynDOLOD/TexGen/xEdit to set a different temp folder on another drive.

DynDOLODx64.exe -sse -t:"D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\" for example might just do the trick.

Edit: Test with 2.51 in case there are still errors. I made some additions to the messages that should help better with troubleshooting

Edited by sheson

I've also been seeing consistent Error 5's with 2.50. This has not been previously the case - I've run both TexGen and DynDOLOD many times on previous versions from the same locations with no issues to this point. Managed to get one clean run out of about 7 attempts - that one clean run was after a fresh install. Cleaning out the generated files and cache files have made no difference.

Link to bugreport.txt here.

Not getting the FAILED messages (that I noticed), just the simple Access Denied. I haven't tried giving the program Admin rights yet (as I've seen that cause issues elsewhere before), but will be trying that as a next step in the T/S Process. File provided for your use and for any other T/S suggestions you might have.

I've also been seeing consistent Error 5's with 2.50. This has not been previously the case - I've run both TexGen and DynDOLOD many times on previous versions from the same locations with no issues to this point. Managed to get one clean run out of about 7 attempts - that one clean run was after a fresh install. Cleaning out the generated files and cache files have made no difference.

Link to bugreport.txt here.

Not getting the FAILED messages (that I noticed), just the simple Access Denied. I haven't tried giving the program Admin rights yet (as I've seen that cause issues elsewhere before), but will be trying that as a next step in the T/S Process. File provided for your use and for any other T/S suggestions you might have.

System Error. Code: 5. Access is denied.

This is a message from the OS. There is nothing that DynDOLOD can do to circumvent the OS preventing access.

The obvious first thing is try using different folders.

It is possible that UAC or AntiVirus does not like any of the latest version of executables (including the ones in Edit Script subfolder) for some reason. 

From the bugreport I can tell you it happens when it is using TexConv to load a texture.

For a test you could try to use an older TexConv from the older DynDOLOD version. Should still work fine, may be a bit more log spam.

Running/setting things "as admin" is a workaround, but not really a recommended fix. Things should be set up in a way that everything works without that.  If right clicking on a file has an "Unblock", apply that. 

The Windows event log might have a bit more detail.

Edited by sheson

As an update, the Admin did give me a clean run. I agree it shouldn't be needed. UAC is turned off, and the executable files aren't in a UAC controlled location anyway. As I noted, the location it's currently in has run with no issues for years... essentially since STEP originally added this as part of its guide. Given that the only change has been the update to 2.50, I can only conclude that, unintentionally, something has changed that Windows in general doesn't like. I'm seeing this same report occur in many Discord reports as well.

Regardless, even if it is an undesirable workaround, it does work. At least in my case.

Open a "command prompt" first, then run the program in it. The standard output of a program can be forwarded into a text file by adding > file.txt at the end.

Since TexGen was creating textures with BC7 without problems, there is no need to change its compression settings or to rerun TexGen.

If DynDOLOD still shows a FAILED (xxxxxxxx) message, double check that not one or more of the INI settings in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini is still set to use BC7. 

If you are sure none of the settings uses BC7, then it might mean the FAILED messages comes from trying to read a BC7 texture.

The game location or location of the tools themselves should not matter.

The system drive C being nearly full could the be a reason for the problem, as there might be not enough room for temp files in c:\windows\temp or C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp, the paging file or other OS things.

You can use the -:t command line argument for DynDOLOD/TexGen/xEdit to set a different temp folder on another drive.

DynDOLODx64.exe -sse -t:"D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\" for example might just do the trick.

Edit: Test with 2.51 in case there are still errors. I made some additions to the messages that should help better with troubleshooting

Here is what Texconvx64.exe says when I run it with cmd: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zjy9m4sy1fm9bf5/Texconvx64.txt/file

Since you said that BC7 is okay, I didn't bother changing the settings.

I tried 2.51 this time and it was successful, although I found the same error (80004005, kinda hating that number now. lol) in the log.

[00:05:56.012]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\FD0D0E2B08764A7CBB97FCC0ACA8D1DB.dds
[00:12:33.302]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\5A3A5AFFAD8B4A28860556B711EAE377.dds
[00:15:44.985]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\4FFBA552DEAA4321AC0AB4BA7BFEC57D.dds

Here are all the logs: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8er3ri5625v8yq9/Logs.zip/file

Here is what Texconvx64.exe says when I run it with cmd: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zjy9m4sy1fm9bf5/Texconvx64.txt/file

Since you said that BC7 is okay, I didn't bother changing the settings.

I tried 2.51 this time and it was successful, although I found the same error (80004005, kinda hating that number now. lol) in the log.

[00:05:56.012]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\FD0D0E2B08764A7CBB97FCC0ACA8D1DB.dds
[00:12:33.302]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\5A3A5AFFAD8B4A28860556B711EAE377.dds
[00:15:44.985]	FAILED loading DDS (80004005) D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\temp\4FFBA552DEAA4321AC0AB4BA7BFEC57D.dds

Here are all the logs: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8er3ri5625v8yq9/Logs.zip/file

OK, this looks like some broken texture. Replace DynDOLODx64.exe with this test version, it should let us know with yet another additional message what the original texture fie name is before it becomes the temp-file.dds that is failing.

You do not need to run the entire generation process for this test. You can change to expert mode, select a worldspace that had the problem and use the Rebuild Atlas button as explained in DynDOLOD_TexGen.html Update Texture Atlas section.

Edited by sheson

OK, this looks like some broken texture. Replace DynDOLODx64.exe with this test version, it should let us know with yet another additional message what the original texture fie name is before it becomes the temp-file.dds that is failing.

You do not need to run the entire generation process for this test. You can change to expert mode, select a worldspace that had the problem and use the Rebuild Atlas button as explained in DynDOLOD_TexGen.html Update Texture Atlas section.

If I were not mistaken, the worlds with error are arnimaDUPLICATE003, Tamriel, and Sovngarde.

Here is the log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4eu786s78lmx9kk/RebuildAtlas.txt/file

It looks like swordferncluster04_000b8a66.dds was the problem. Is that right?

On 11/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, Vokans said:

Hi,

sorry i am not a native english speaker.

I use the new version and now i have this issue.

Where can i get the previous version?

Thank you

This is not how it works. There is no previous version. We do not ignore problems, we fix the cause of them in the one and only current version.

If problem persists post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt (if it exists) and ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt or a screenshot of the error to https://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support.

In that case mark the entire text and copy paste the log from the message window. Use the "Check log" button after DynDOLOD ran.

However, from the TexGen_SSE.log I can see that the xEdit loader reported that there are ESPs flagged as ESL that have invalid ObjectID

A: Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s0xfeubw68zhl8/DynDOLOD?dl=0 Copy of "Check log"

I will try to fix the errors.

Edited by Vokans

LOL it is trying to load a txt file as a texture. Such an obscure bug (has to do with billboards that allow more than one texture). Thanks for all the help figuring this one out.

This all should be fixed in 2.52. Please let me know how it goes.

2.52 was successful and there are no more "FAILED" errors. Thanks a lot!

And thank you for explaining everything instead of just "do this then do that." I feel a tad smarter now. lol

By the way, I noticed that the DynDOLOD SSE log has a lot of "Warning: Error loading Textures/..." as well as "missing model"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mk93lrlxrdeb797/Logs2.zip/file

I'm not sure if that is normal, so I just want to confirm if everything is fine now.

Edited by gem2492

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s0xfeubw68zhl8/DynDOLOD?dl=0 Copy of "Check log"

I will try to fix the errors.

The log shows additional, unrelated errors:

There is one Access Denied error where the OS prevents creation of the atlas texture for LabyrinthianMazeWorld. Run the tools "As Admin" in case that keeps happening.

It seems that terrain LOD meshes are in a BSA file(s), which might have problems. LODGenx64.exe was unable to read terrain LOD meshes for several worldspaces as you can see from the LODGenx64.exe errors at the end of the log.

You want to double check the BSA files are valid and can be read properly by the game. I generally do not recommend that users pack generated LOD files into BSA for various reasons. LODGenx64.exe should be able to work without problem with loose terrain LOD meshes. 

2.52 was successful and there are no more "FAILED" errors. Thanks a lot!

And thank you for explaining everything instead of just "do this then do that." I feel a tad smarter now. lol

By the way, I noticed that the DynDOLOD SSE log has a lot of "Warning: Error loading Textures/..." as well as "missing model"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mk93lrlxrdeb797/Logs2.zip/file

I'm not sure if that is normal, so I just want to confirm if everything is fine now.

Because of our troubleshooting there may be now a few too many unnecessary error messages. It is possible they were formerly silent and intended to be ignored.

Or they show a problem that should be fixed. 

Please upload (some or all) of these textures for me to review.

Edited by sheson

Updated from 2.44/2.50  to 2.45/2.52  today.

[00:16:59.455] DynDOLOD Worlds completed successfully.
[00:20:28.204] [20:47] Saving: DynDOLOD.esm
[00:20:28.204] [20:47] Error saving DynDOLOD.esm: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 14550)
[00:20:28.216] [20:48] Saving: DynDOLOD.esp.save.2018_11_24_18_00_33
Can't quit the program without killing the process...just keeps saying failed to create .esm and making  a 0k backup file over and over.
Edited by sirjesto

Because of our troubleshooting there may be now a few too many unnecessary error messages. It is possible they were formerly silent and intended to be ignored.

Or they show a problem that should be fixed. 

Please upload (some or all) of these textures for me to review.

As an example, one of the warnings says

<Warning: Error loading Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Skyrim.esm\ReachFern02_000B8A6F.dds>

I tried looking for that specific file in the TexGen_Output and DynDOLOD Resources, but I can't find it. This is also the case with the other warnings. All of them are pointing to "Textures\Terrain\LODGen\..."

Regarding the "missing model" errors, I found this in the DynDOLOD log:

References using base records with missing models can cause CTD.

(1) Verify that all required BSA files are loaded.
MO archive management is incompatible with many 3rd party tools like xEdit and consequently DynDOLOD.exe.
Check this startup log on top, to make sure all required BSA files are loaded via a matching esp filename.

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable MO2 archive management, as far as i know, unlike in MO where there is a checkbox to disable it.