DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

In any case, the now public 2.50 makes sure there are no BC7 < 4x4 resolution. It may depend on the DirectX version if it is a problem or not.

Didn't you have this problem before with older versions? Nothing changed in regards to resources for mods or how it object LOD is generated.

Assuming the college shows in the loaded cells, this can be a large reference problem or LOD problem, depends on the distance. Check with xEdit which is the last plugin to modify the reference and base record. Typically mods changing it like ELFX, NoSnowUndertheRoof and ICW are covered unless there might have been recent updates to any of those.

ok, thanks. gonna check this.

In any case, the now public 2.50 makes sure there are no BC7 < 4x4 resolution. It may depend on the DirectX version if it is a problem or not.

Didn't you have this problem before with older versions? Nothing changed in regards to resources for mods or how it object LOD is generated.

Assuming the college shows in the loaded cells, this can be a large reference problem or LOD problem, depends on the distance. Check with xEdit which is the last plugin to modify the reference and base record. Typically mods changing it like ELFX, NoSnowUndertheRoof and ICW are covered unless there might have been recent updates to any of those.

I won't have a chance to test this in game for a while, but TexGen ran this morning without the errors with 2.50.  

THANKS! 

Getting an exception running 2.50 for generating esps. (Generating LOD textures works.)
Bugreport: https://pastebin.com/sjXMit14

Log: https://mega.nz/#!w8FCyQRI!-rbzMB9Di_smJwC5k9E0hWQtsPpQN805HEsix_61cLo

The exact error message is exception message  : Can not copy [REFR:0816904C] (places SPatioWall01 [sTAT:00057A17] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -14,24) from LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521).

Seems to be related to/caused by my Bashed Patch? I'm using the latest Wrye Bash from the official Wrye Bash Discord, 307.201810221913. Works when I disable the patch.

Edited by DarthVitrial

Getting an exception running 2.50 for generating esps. (Generating LOD textures works.)

Bugreport: https://pastebin.com/sjXMit14

Log: https://mega.nz/#!w8FCyQRI!-rbzMB9Di_smJwC5k9E0hWQtsPpQN805HEsix_61cLo

The exact error message is exception message  : Can not copy [REFR:0816904C] (places SPatioWall01 [sTAT:00057A17] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -14,24) from LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm into DynDOLOD.esp Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 13521).

Seems to be related to/caused by my Bashed Patch? I'm using the latest Wrye Bash from the official Wrye Bash Discord, 307.201810221913. Works when I disable the patch.

That means the Bashed Patch has a problem. I assume checking it for errors with xEdit did not reveal anything?

The problem is probably with CELL 00009299. Compare if the Block and Sub-Block of  the original source Skyrim.esm and the patch are the same, or if you see anything with the CELL record itself.

Try generating the patch again or do not use the import cells option when generating it.

Someone please give me a straight answer. I got the registry error and it won't let me add -sse to the target line. How do I get texgen and dyndolod working with sse? Don't tell me to read something cause I've already scoured the internet for it.

Someone please give me a straight answer. I got the registry error and it won't let me add -sse to the target line. How do I get texgen and dyndolod working with sse? Don't tell me to read something cause I've already scoured the internet for it.

Straight answer: You are not setting up a basic and very simple and OS function correctly. Your problem is not with DynDOLOD, but with using Windows.

Follow the instructions in DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt. Pay attention how it says, to add -sse separated by space to end of the content of the Target field of the Windows shortcut. That obviously means, in case the current target is enclosed in quotes, that the argument is added outside of the quotes, separated by a space.

Watch this video.

Sheson help me plz in version 2.50 almost always gives an error.  

Creating atlas textures E:\Games\MODS SSE\Utilities\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.50\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld.dds from 23 textures
[00:15:00.203] [16:31]  
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] Exception in unit userscript line 331: System Error.  Code: 5.
Access denied
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:15:00.207] [16:31] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": System Error.  Code: 5.
Access denied

Bashad patch is disabled, all merged patches too. My windows 10 and i use Dindolod through MO2. what could be the reason for such an error?

Sheson help me plz in version 2.50 almost always gives an error.  

Creating atlas textures E:\Games\MODS SSE\Utilities\DynDOLOD-Standalone.2.50\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Atlas_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld.dds from 23 textures
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] Exception in unit userscript line 331: System Error.  Code: 5.
Access denied
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] Check log lines above the exception for additional hints. Check the FAQ and search official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/ for those errors.
[00:15:00.203] [16:31] If problem persists, post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum http://forum.step-project.com/forum/101-shesons-dyndolod-support/
[00:15:00.207] [16:31] Error during Applying script "DynDOLOD Worlds": System Error.  Code: 5.
Access denied

Bashad patch is disabled, all merged patches too. My windows 10 and i use Dindolod through MO2. what could be the reason for such an error?

You did not post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum, so I am just guessing:

System Error. Code: 5. Access denied

So either the OS/AntiVirus/other process does not let it write the atlas, or it prevents reading of one or more of the 23 textures (or their _n.dds version) listed in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_textures_used.txt

Edited by sheson

I'm using DynDOLOD 2.50, but it isn't working for me. TexGen is fine and successful, but DynDOLOD keeps giving me FAILED (8000405).

I was using BC7 Quick.

Here are the logs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4cqrjsega4gj2u0/TexGen_SSE_log.txt/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4wrwakaozbe1jl2/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt/file

And here is my mod list (just in case): https://modwat.ch/u/gem2492/plugins

And by the way, 2.43 also works fine.

Edited by gem2492

You did not post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt and ..\DynDOLOD\logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt to official forum, so I am just guessing:

System Error. Code: 5. Access denied

So either the OS/AntiVirus/other process does not let it write the atlas, or it prevents reading of one or more of the 23 textures (or their _n.dds version) listed in ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorld_textures_used.txt

Yes i am sorry In general, if you use Dindolod with admin rights, then such an error does not appear, and I have an antivirus from Windows native.

The following problem appeared, it is written in the dynodod window that the process is finished, you can save and exit, and the BAT window is still open, in which the lod are being generated (Finished LOD level 4 coord). And it continues somewhere 20 minutes already.  I need to wait for the completion in the bat file and it will close itself, or close the dindolod?

Edited by blo0dik

Yes i am sorry In general, if you use Dindolod with admin rights, then such an error does not appear, and I have an antivirus from Windows native.

The following problem appeared, it is written in the dynodod window that the process is finished, you can save and exit, and the BAT window is still open, in which the lod are being generated (Finished LOD

level 4 coord). And it continues somewhere 20 minutes already.  I need to wait for the completion in the bat file and it will close itself, or close the dindolod?

The written synonym of the tools is DynDOLOD. People are easily confused enough already even when using clear and consistent language. Do not use wrong or made up names. There is no need for such pollution.

The last few lines of the log should say something like:

Gave up waiting for [...LODGen...] to become available.
Wait for [...LODGen...] to finish by itself before closing DynDOLOD.exe'

So that should have answered the question already.

FAQ: LODGen.exe: Runs a long time / The LOD files generated are several GB in size

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Do not manually close LODGen.exe. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

The written synonym of the tools is DynDOLOD. People are easily confused enough already even when using clear and consistent language. Do not use wrong or made up names. There is no need for such pollution.

The last few lines of the log should say something like:

Gave up waiting for [...LODGen...] to become available.
Wait for [...LODGen...] to finish by itself before closing DynDOLOD.exe'

So that should have answered the question already.

FAQ: LODGen.exe: Runs a long time / The LOD files generated are several GB in size

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Do not manually close LODGen.exe. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

Yes, I understood everything, thanks. And yes, I decided to try an experimental TreeFullFallBack setting, simply because in version 2.49, I did get some wonderful trees lods , and in other versions they were ugly, and I do not know what it is connected with, the settings are the same, the bts7 format is both there and there, and the folders DynDOLOD_Output  differed in size by a lot.. so I decided to try something else. I apologize for the time you have spent, and for your English, all the best to you.

Edited by blo0dik

I'm using DynDOLOD 2.50, but it isn't working for me. TexGen is fine and successful, but DynDOLOD keeps giving me FAILED (8000405).

I was using BC7 Quick.

Here are the logs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4cqrjsega4gj2u0/TexGen_SSE_log.txt/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4wrwakaozbe1jl2/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt/file

And here is my mod list (just in case): https://modwat.ch/u/gem2492/plugins

And by the way, 2.43 also works fine.

BC7 is a new option added in 2.48. See this post in case you want to use other texture compression like before, which is natively build into xEdit/DynDOLOD and does not rely on an external tool.

8000405 could mean there was a problem initializing the DirectX device. I would assume a general problem should have already happened when running TexGen and the BC7 compression selected. DynDOLOD.exe=TexGen.exe so they use the exact same code for this. Not sure why TexConv keeps trying instead of just failing.

It could be that something else is now active that wasn't while TexGen was running. Or maybe it is the larger size of the texture.

See what happens when you open a command prompt and run DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe without anything. See what it reports for and other stuff.

If it can not acquire a device it usually falls back to CPU automatically.

The full resolution 8888 input texture should exist at D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel.dds already.

See if converting manually by running the command reveals anything more:

Texconvx64.exe -y -sepalpha -m 0 -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD" "D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel.dds"

Unrelated, but clean the master files. The non default installation path or potentially not having a valid steam copy of the game may complicated things.

Edited by sheson

BC7 is a new option added in 2.48. See this post in case you want to use other texture compression like before, which is natively build into xEdit/DynDOLOD and does not rely on an external tool.

8000405 could mean there was a problem initializing the DirectX device. I would assume a general problem should have already happened when running TexGen and the BC7 compression selected. DynDOLOD.exe=TexGen.exe so they use the exact same code for this. Not sure why TexConv keeps trying instead of just failing.

It could be that something else is now active that wasn't while TexGen was running. Or maybe it is the larger size of the texture.

See what happens when you open a command prompt and run DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe without anything. See what it reports for <adapter> and other stuff.

If it can not acquire a device it usually falls back to CPU automatically.

The full resolution 8888 input texture should exist at D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel.dds already.

See if converting manually by running the command reveals anything more:

Texconvx64.exe -y -sepalpha -m 0 -f BC7_UNORM -bcquick -o "D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD" "D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel.dds"

Unrelated, but clean the master files. The non default installation path or potentially not having a valid steam copy of the game may complicated things.

About the installation path, I used this thing called Steam Mover.

I ran Texconvx64.exe using command prompt, but it closes too suddenly for me to inspect everything on it. So I just tried to press PrtScrn as soon as the program blinks. Here is what I got: https://www.mediafire.com/view/xvka1j1jj5k59y9/idk.png/file

It definitely detects the right adapter.

I tried your suggestion about the texture format. Indeed the file is smaller. Here is the updated TexGen log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/796mb21d6tpg1ss/TexGen_SSE_log2.txt/file

However DynDOLOD still failed with the same error code. And also, the folder D:\Games\_Bethesda Utilities\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\ is empty.

Unfortunately I can't bring back the game to the default location because my C drive is already almost full, so I don't know anymore.