DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello dear Sheson. I have problems with the latest version. when I run textgen, I get an error in about a minute. here are the last two lines -

E:\Games\MODS SSE\Utilities\DynDOLOD-59721-2-48-1542472282\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\dyndolod-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch03snow.dds not found!
E:\Games\MODS SSE\Utilities\DynDOLOD-59721-2-48-1542472282\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\dyndolod-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\thatch03snow.dds not found!  Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded.  Make sure TexGen is started in the desired game mode. The current mode is: SSE  Turn off MO 1.x archive management. BSAs need to be loaded the normal way via matching plugin names.  Check that C:\Users\blo0d\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\Skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains the correct entries for [Archive] sResourceArchiveList and sResourceArchiveList2.

this happens if you leave the default settings with BC7. If you choose BC1, then everything will be fine.

os is windows 10 with newest updates. card is gtx 1080 ti. uac and antivirus are not interfering/nothing changes with them disabled. dropped dyndolod directly into c:\ didnt change anything. Heres the report:

:
      0: VID:10DE, PID:1B06 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
      1: VID:1414, PID:008C - Microsoft Basic Render Driver

Supposedly the TexConv error FAILED (80070003) means the output folder does not exists and the other code means the file could not be written. The code obviously creates the output folder before calling TexConv. 

Since the process gets interrupted and it does not clean up after itself. Can you check if in the selected TexGen output folder (e.g. C:\Users\Dusty Rörig\Desktop\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\) it created 

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\

just to cover the first 3 textures it tries to convert?

If those folders were created, I suppose it means it can not write to them. That would be some UAC/Antivirus issue then. Try running as admin.

EDIT: check if  the updates I made in DynDOLOD 2.49 help with the FAILED (88982f50) and FAILED (80070003) error of TexConv.

Instead of writing to a temp file and let TexConv create the final file, it now exports to the final path/filename.dds and lets TexConv convert it in place. Maybe it works that way.

Other than that, make sure to have recent graphics drivers and that directx is up to date.

Edited by sheson

Supposedly the TexConv error FAILED (80070003) means the output folder does not exists and the other code means the file could not be written. The code obviously creates the output folder before calling TexConv. 

Since the process gets interrupted and it does not clean up after itself. Can you check if in the selected TexGen output folder (e.g. C:\Users\Dusty Rörig\Desktop\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\) it created 

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\dungeons\ships\

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\

DynDOLOD-temp\textures\architecture\farmhouse\

just to cover the first 3 textures it tries to convert?

If those folders were created, I suppose it means it can not write to them. That would be some UAC/Antivirus issue then. Try running as admin.

EDIT: check if  the updates I made in DynDOLOD 2.49 help with the FAILED (88982f50) and FAILED (80070003) error of TexConv.

Instead of writing to a temp file and let TexConv create the final file, it now exports to the final path/filename.dds and lets TexConv convert it in place. Maybe it works that way.

Other than that, make sure to have recent graphics drivers and that directx is up to date.

i can confirm, that those textures were loaded into the temp folder. 2.49 removed the bsa error message for me, but the other errors still persist. running texgen as admin didnt fix it and the graphic drivers are the newest. i will try to uninstall my antivirus and test it again.

Edit:

despite the error messages texgen finished and to me it seems like it created the textures properly(?) even tho the filesize is much larger. at least they are there and compressed into bc7. the amount of textures seem to match the one from previous versions. i will try to load them ingame now.

Edited by Tacocat

Ok, just finished testing them and couldnt see any kind of bug. Not sure what to think about that.

ran dyndolod after and saw some errors too. it also finished much faster and put out 10gb of data. removing antivir didnt fix it also. dont know how to get it running properly  ::(:

heres the dyndolod 2.49 log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/37mpnijicbydj3i/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt/file

heres the texgen 2.49 log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0szdzeizdo39e38/TexGen_SSE_log.txt/file

Edited by Tacocat

ran dyndolod after and saw some errors too. it also finished much faster and put out 10gb of data. removing antivir didnt fix it also. dont know how to get it running properly  ::(:

heres the dyndolod 2.49 log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/37mpnijicbydj3i/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt/file

heres the texgen 2.49 log: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0szdzeizdo39e38/TexGen_SSE_log.txt/file

TexConv still did not cconvert the textures. Bcause now the temporary full resolution textures are exported to the final path/filename.dds they will just stay there unconverted to BC7. That is why you see the file size increase.

Can you replace DynDOLOD.exe/TexGen.exe with this test version and let me know if it changes anything - are the FAILED messages still there or not / created textures smaller in file size / BC7?

TexConv still did not cconvert the textures. Bcause now the temporary full resolution textures are exported to the final path/filename.dds they will just stay there unconverted to BC7. That is why you see the file size increase.

Can you replace DynDOLOD.exe/TexGen.exe with this test version and let me know if it changes anything - are the FAILED messages still there or not / created textures smaller in file size / BC7?

yay, texgen worked without errors and file size seems realistic now. gonna test dyndolod now.

Dyndolod still finished much faster than previous versions, but the filesize now is much smaller. still i think theres something wrong. heres the log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8erjkdmjg6df6h2/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt/file

What earlier version to you compare the speed increase to? There were a few optimizations in the last few version. Creating the BC7 Quick with mipmaps with TexConv on the GPU is faster than the CPU routines for the other formats.

See if all works in normal in the game.

I only seem to see a couple WARNING: Direct3D requires BC image to be multiple of 4 in width & height for _n.dds atlas textures that are 1x1 like DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel_n.dds.

I will address that in the final update. Those textures should still work fine.

What earlier version to you compare the speed increase to? There were a few optimizations in the last few version. Creating the BC7 Quick with mipmaps with TexConv on the GPU is faster than the CPU routines for the other formats.

See if all works in normal in the game.

I only seem to see a couple WARNING: Direct3D requires BC image to be multiple of 4 in width & height for _n.dds atlas textures that are 1x1 like DynDOLOD_Flat_Atlas_Tamriel_n.dds.

I will address that in the final update. Those textures should still work fine.

ah, ok. i will try them now. the increase in speed is compared to 2.47. but the gpu part can be the reason.

Hmm turns out the game doesn't seem to like the 1x1 and CTDs. I will address that.

had no problems loading the textures and didnt get ctds so far. just noticed this not gamebreaking bug: https://imgur.com/a/gGUcVuh but i am certainly not sure if its caused by dyndolod itself or a compatibility issue with another mod (elfx/exteriors maybe?)

Edited by Tacocat

had no problems loading the textures and didnt get ctds so far. just noticed this not gamebreaking bug: https://imgur.com/a/gGUcVuh but i am certainly not sure if its caused by dyndolod itself or a compatibility issue with another mod (elfx/exteriors maybe?)

In any case, the now public 2.50 makes sure there are no BC7

Didn't you have this problem before with older versions? Nothing changed in regards to resources for mods or how it object LOD is generated.

Assuming the college shows in the loaded cells, this can be a large reference problem or LOD problem, depends on the distance. Check with xEdit which is the last plugin to modify the reference and base record. Typically mods changing it like ELFX, NoSnowUndertheRoof and ICW are covered unless there might have been recent updates to any of those.

Edited by sheson