DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

"Realistic Water Two LOD Fix" may solve your problem install it, make sure its edits are not overwritten and regenerate DynDOLOD. I tried only activating this plugin and not regenerating DynDOLOD, your problem remained in that area but in some others it was fixed.

Im so sorry, for posting this report/question but has anyone gotten these few lakes to work "nicely" ? This is probably 99% chance my ham handiness or a  large references issue(2.nd case), doesnt probably hurt to ask. Keep up the good work, and may 2018 be a year of many firstborn/goat sacrifices to sheson!

First are is the lake near Wayward Pass, this is notoriously bad on vanilla. But I couldnt get it to play nicely with dyndolod, so the lod transition still happens.

Other bad lake/river is this lovely thing near bronze water cave. It has mostly flickering or z-fighting problems, which are not that noticable without weather mods but get quite annoying with them.

Water itself is never a large reference. Most of the the water is "cell" water which doesn't have a reference. Those form IDs start with FF.

Cell water belongs to terrain LOD and thus is not changed whatsoever by DynDOLOD, for better or worse. Terrain LOD water can only have on type of LOD water for an entire map.

The flicker problem could be large reference ice floes (depends what is flickering?) or just normal z-fighting because the flat surface of the water and the flat surface of the ice is pretty close together.

Just turn off large references in the launcher and you will know which.

The newest beta file produces an error when building a Bashed Patch, which is now checking for proper record formats before it will build:

DynDOLOD.esp
Wrye Bash SE expects a newer format for STAT.DNAM than found.
STAT.DNAM expected size == 12, but got 8.

Care to give some more info about the record which is most likely copied and updated from some other plugin?

Edited by sheson

Care to give some more info about the record which is most likely copied and updated from some other plugin?

I don't have it up anymore. Turns out the latest build of WB doesn't work so well with the latest build of MO2. I have a bug report in about it. I'm about to redo the DynDOLOD process to see if it's been cleared up since I ran a few mods with old forms through the CK.

Okay, got it all redone and this is what it's tossing the error stopping on:

• 000008A6 / FenceWoven01

This mesh is provided by SMIM in my install. The diffuse and normal is being provided my Real Wood Textures - Farmhouses, which are textures from a classic Skyrim mod. I'm not sure if this has something to do with it or not. I can try running with the texture mod disabled, if it'll help know the results. The record itself is only between Skyrim.esm and DynDOLOD.esp. I don't have any mods that touch that specific record.

Okay, got it all redone and this is what it's tossing the error stopping on:

• 000008A6 / FenceWoven01

It seems that Wyre Bash version you are using has some kind of bug if it expects form version 39 STAT / DNAM with 12 bytes (the source in Skyrim.esm), as that only has 8 bytes. It is form version 44 that has DNAM with 12 bytes.

None of the other things matter.

Edited by sheson

It seems that Wyre Bash version you are using has some kind of bug if it expects form version 39 STAT / DNAM with 12 bytes (the source in Skyrim.esm), as that only has 8 bytes. It is form version 44 that has DNAM with 12 bytes.

None of the other things matter.

This is coming from there newest release (Beta 2). MO2 hangs when creating a Bashed Patch with it, but seems to still manage to write the file. I've simple unticked DynDOLOD.esp during Bashed Patch generation to bypass the error. This keeps DynDOLOD.esp as the last plugin in my load order. This worked for me as it doesn't seem to be causing any issues when I check it all out in xEdit.

This is coming from there newest release (Beta 2). MO2 hangs when creating a Bashed Patch with it, but seems to still manage to write the file. I've simple unticked DynDOLOD.esp during Bashed Patch generation to bypass the error. This keeps DynDOLOD.esp as the last plugin in my load order. This worked for me as it doesn't seem to be causing any issues when I check it all out in xEdit.

Not sure what else to tell you right now. Skyrim.esm and DLCs are full of records with form versions

There should be no reason for Wrye Bash to complain about these records in Skyrm.esm/DLCs or their overwrites since they are certainly valid and work without problem.

Edit: Zilav pointed me to https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/403#issuecomment-354641012 which is the related issue. Lets see how this is going to be addressed in Wrye Bash in the near future or if there is something xEdit/DynDOLOD needs to do.

Edited by sheson

OMG I just realised this is the full blown Dynamic for SSE in progress, is SKSE now at a stable state ?

----------------------

Ref Wrye Bash @TechAngel85 go to the Oldrim page, Posts, and look at the end of the second sticky, there is a link to the latest nightly build on DropBox .. See if that sorts things out for you.

The primary concern recently has been for oldrim, because any merged mods in the Bashed Patch would make oldrim freeze when loading - From my testing it seems to be fixed with the mod that easily produced the issue.

I am still using the beta DynDOLOD for SSE without Dynamic, but have always put the DynDOLOD plugin last in my load order after the Bashed Patch, so have never noticed any issues during recent findings

Here is the AFK Mods topic, the post where Utumno uploaded the nightly build, we have found a few minor issues in the BashBugDump.log since, but nothing to stop us testing it yet :)

If you get any snags worth bringing up please post them on the AFK Mods topic with as much detail as possible (preferably a log which has errors to help Utumno find the issue)

OMG I just realised this is the full blown Dynamic for SSE in progress, is SKSE now at a stable state ?

SKSE64 and PapyrusUtil SE seem to work stable and reliable, unlike Skyrim SE which is a completely broken disaster  :;):

Take note of the .patch installation files replacing some of the esp in the Resources. It requires newer version Wrye Bash to install. Otherwise things are pretty similar.

Edited by sheson

----------------------

Ref Wrye Bash @TechAngel85 go to the Oldrim page, Posts, and look at the end of the second sticky, there is a link to the latest nightly build on DropBox .. See if that sorts things out for you.

The primary concern recently has been for oldrim, because any merged mods in the Bashed Patch would make oldrim freeze when loading - From my testing it seems to be fixed with the mod that easily produced the issue.

I am still using the beta DynDOLOD for SSE without Dynamic, but have always put the DynDOLOD plugin last in my load order after the Bashed Patch, so have never noticed any issues during recent findings

Here is the AFK Mods topic, the post where Utumno uploaded the nightly build, we have found a few minor issues in the BashBugDump.log since, but nothing to stop us testing it yet :)

If you get any snags worth bringing up please post them on the AFK Mods topic with as much detail as possible (preferably a log which has errors to help Utumno find the issue)

Thanks! I tested the nightly build and it's still tossing out the same error.

Well I spent hours in regenerating my LOD and right after I thought having fixed all issues(e.g. not unloading, floating textures) I went into Whiterun and saw this:

The whole floor just disappeared and is replaced by the LOD textures. A reload didn't fix the issue at all. DynDOLOD is at the last place in the load order and MCM says it's loaded properly and works.

I'd appreciate any help.

https://imgur.com/a/EPYbS

Edited by mohaderhangen

Well I spent hours in regenerating my LOD and right after I thought having fixed all issues(e.g. not unloading, floating textures) I went into Whiterun and saw this:

The whole floor just disappeared and is replaced by the LOD textures. A reload didn't fix the issue at all. DynDOLOD is at the last place in the load order and MCM says it's loaded properly and works.

I'd appreciate any help.

https://imgur.com/a/EPYbS

Looks a bit like you might be using Open Cities Skyrim and did not follow the two step generation instructions. Hard to tell without load order / DynDOLOD log.

I just tried to launch TexGen via Mod Organizer 2 using the -sse argument and got the following error:

[00:00:00.000] TexGen based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-01-04 02:42:19
[00:00:00.014] Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
[00:00:00.025] Using ini: -sse\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.036] Fatal: Could not find ini

I believe I used the exact same parameter for DynDOLOD 2.30 and it launched just fine. Did I miss something that changed between versions? Why is it appending "-sse" to the ini path?