DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

A question about the new dyndolod.dll. Switching from a running installation using Papyrusutil, like described in your dll thread, seems a little dangerous. At least for me. As you say that the game must be loaded once without Papyrusutil loaded, this means I would have to load my save without a bunch of mods that are relying on Papyrusutil, so that would likely damage my save, at least the potential for that exists. However, continue using Papyrusutil should be fine? Or do you plan to switch to own dll completely in the next time?

Yeah, don't remove PapyrusUtil if it used for other mods anyways. Since support for it already works it won't be removed. The main reason for the DLL was to support Skyrim VR.

Seems to work, though the masters were out of order in dyndolod.esp? Not sure if that's just because I forgot to sort my load order though..though I'm certain I sorted it yesterday. Just to be safe, here's the results:

https://imgur.com/a/AZgfNev

That seems odd, since the xEdit sort master function is called several times on both plugins in the progress and just before saving. They should have the master plugins in the same order they were when you started DynDOLOD. In any case you can alway use xEdit or other tools later to resort master again. The important part is that the ESM plugin does not have masters that are not flagged ESM themselves.

Wait, now I'm getting "Cannot find master data" errors again. What did you want me to upload to diagnose those?

EDIT: Here's the log:

https://mega.nz/#!g41Q2S5L!ieT-17_Q781TC3p6XL04acrZKMFWwI8O5ShQC0LhzxA

DyndoLOD_Worlds: https://pastebin.com/XYEA3jbp

Should I delete the storageutil stuff since I now have the dyndolod dll?

You do not need to delete the json data files for payrus util. It is enough to have DynDOLOD.DLL and the DynDOLOD DLL papyrus scripts to overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources. The generation seems fine.

Check all the things listed in the FAQ.

If you used PapyrusUtil before you might as well just keep using it.

Edited by sheson

Another problem: SInce I've updated DynDOLOD - although I followed the recommended updating process - I cannot load any save made with the new version. It crashes straight after it finishes loading the save... No matter if I load interior or exterior save.. Happended to me also yesterday, with 2.45. My game was rock solid, I really don't like to start over again :-(

I can say for sure it's related to DnyDOLOD. But don't know in what ways.. Savegame file looks good, size is normal, not a abnormous amount of active scripts... nothing suspicous.

Edited by Godis

Another problem: SInce I've updated DynDOLOD - although I followed the recommended updating process - I cannot load any save made with the new version. It crashes straight after it finishes loading the save... No matter if I load interior or exterior save.. Happended to me also yesterday, with 2.45. My game was rock solid, I really don't like to start over again :-(

I can say for sure it's related to DnyDOLOD. But don't know in what ways.. Savegame file looks good, size is normal, not a abnormous amount of active scripts... nothing suspicous.

What happens with new game, like coc whiterun from main menu?

Just tried a new game, crashes on loading after using the bed in Alternate Start...

I kept a backup from prior installation (2.44), unless you don't need anything from me, I'm going to install this and reload older save.

Edited by Godis

Just tried a new game, crashes on loading after using the bed in Alternate Start...

I kept a backup from prior installation (2.44), unless you don't need anything from me, I'm going to install this and reload older save.

Then I suggest to follow the FAQ / readme to troubleshoot CTD for invalid nif.

Edit: If debug method does not reveal anything, do the 50:50 removal of references  - typically only needed in DynDOLOD.esp and do not remove DynDOLOD_[Master|Firstborn|Minion]Activator

Edited by sheson

I doubt that this is related to a faulty nif, because I can play with the new version of DynDOLOD, directly after installed it. It runs in all cells I've tested, DynDOLOD is always initialized, MCM shows everything correct and I can play without issues. Only when I save, close and reload the game, it crashes. But before that, everything runs well. Also I know for sure there's no faulty mesh in my game. I spent weeks to set it up like it is now, and crashing started happening after installing new version 2.45 / 2.46 of DynDOLOD - but as I said: AFTER I close the game and load any save that includes 2.45/2.46. Directly after the installation I can play for hours.

If there was faulty nif it would have crashed already yersterday and today straight after running the game with the new version. But it works fine, until restart.

Huh...I regenerated it and now it seems to be working fine.

WOuld you do me a favor? Now with the most recent version of dyndolod, please save and close the game. Then start it again and tell me if you face CTD or not. Thank you :)

EDIT: What? Now there is DynDOLOD 2.47?? Should I try again with that one?? Where is the changelog?

Edited by Godis

I doubt that this is related to a faulty nif, because I can play with the new version of DynDOLOD, directly after installed it. It runs in all cells I've tested, DynDOLOD is always initialized, MCM shows everything correct and I can play without issues. Only when I save, close and reload the game, it crashes. But before that, everything runs well. Also I know for sure there's no faulty mesh in my game. I spent weeks to set it up like it is now, and crashing started happening after installing new version 2.45 / 2.46 of DynDOLOD - but as I said: AFTER I close the game and load any save that includes 2.45/2.46. Directly after the installation I can play for hours.

If there was faulty nif it would have crashed already yersterday and today straight after running the game with the new version. But it works fine, until restart.

WOuld you do me a favor? Now with the most recent version of dyndolod, please save and close the game. Then start it again and tell me if you face CTD or not. Thank you :)

EDIT: What? Now there is DynDOLOD 2.47?? Should I try again with that one?? Where is the changelog?

Started  a new game, ran to western watchtower, saved, loaded without problem. DId it twice, once with DynDOLOD DLL and then PapyrusUtil. Both worked.

The only thing that happens when loading an interior cell is a something the MCM script and the Quest script running. The Quest scripts prints out a few lines to papyrus log. The lines from DynDOLOD Quest you should see with PapyrusUtil are something like 

[11/07/2018 - 01:29:57AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest ] Load DynDOLOD_Worlds.json TRUE

[11/07/2018 - 01:29:58AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest ] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE or FALSE if in interior
[11/07/2018 - 01:29:58AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest ] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE or FALSE if in interior
[11/07/2018 - 01:29:59AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest ] Assigning INI values 2.700000

The changelog is were it always is: bottom of first posts and in the standalone archive docs folder.

Edited by sheson

Thank you... Weird. I didn't get CTDs too - until I updated to 2.45/2.46.. I'm going to install my old backup, then follow the whole updating procdure again and see how it goes. The changelog for 2.47 says only "fixing generating lod for Skyrim", whatever that means..

I was never getting ctds, so that test wouldn't help. I was having an unrelated error.

Thank you... Weird. I didn't get CTDs too - until I updated to 2.45/2.46.. I'm going to install my old backup, then follow the whole updating procdure again and see how it goes. The changelog for 2.47 says only "fixing generating lod for Skyrim", whatever that means..

Started  a new game, ran to western watchtower, saved, loaded without problem. DId it twice, once with DynDOLOD DLL and then PapyrusUtil. Both worked.

The only thing that happens when loading an interior cell is a something the MCM script and the Quest script running. The Quest scripts prints out a few lines to papyrus log. The lines from DynDOLOD Quest you should see with PapyrusUtil are something like 

[11/07/2018 - 01:29:57AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest <DynDOLOD_Quest (09000911)>] Load DynDOLOD_Worlds.json TRUE

[11/07/2018 - 01:29:58AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest <DynDOLOD_Quest (09000911)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE or FALSE if in interior
[11/07/2018 - 01:29:58AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest <DynDOLOD_Quest (09000911)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE or FALSE if in interior
[11/07/2018 - 01:29:59AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_Quest <DynDOLOD_Quest (09000911)>] Assigning INI values 2.700000

The changelog is were it always is: bottom of first posts and in the standalone archive docs folder.

Ok, thx. I will start over from last save with old version. Maybe something went wrong with the uninstall/update process...

Oh no.. Do you have a copy of the older DynDOLOD ressources? Should be v 2.44.

NEvermind, found them.

Edited by Godis

Generating LOD for Skyrim broke in 2.46 with the changes made for Skryim SE/VR, now it works again.

Ok, thx. I will start over from last save with old version. Maybe something went wrong with the uninstall/update process...

If the problem happens with a new game (also try coc whiterun from main menu, then save ... load) there seems no much use doing any tests with old saves.

Check Papyrus log. Use debug mode anyways to see how far it gets even.

I would straight go into troubleshooting mode and see if the same thing happens with new game and using DynDOLOD DLL / Papyrus Util.

Then disable DynDOLOD.esp and if it works, go right ahead with removing references / data from it in a 50:50 fashion until only the data causing the problem is left.

Edited by sheson

I would try debugging - if I even would be able to load a game. I've reinstalled the older version and everything is working again without a problem. Now I'm going to perform the update again, but more carefully and see how it goes.

any idea why v.2.47 is telling me i have too many mods because it's counting the esl-flagged esps as regular esps, (i think)? didn't have this issue in previous versions 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b6ddo16vuvr8j6f/new_1.txt/file

If these plugin are not necessary for LOD creation, just disable them. DynDOLOD will only work with a total of 253 plugins activated while creation. But it's always better to disable those that are not needed for it anyway.