DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

2 hours ago, Ciscotec said:

Hello, I'm a bit of a noob here so I hope this is going to the right place.  I'm trying to install the DynDOLOD files off Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721?tab=files) and I'm getting this error "The content of <data> does not look valid."  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it thank you.

image.thumb.png.0947a99a8ed5fefda315a9560197fbbd.png

Go to the description page of the Nexus file page you linked.

Read the part under the heading "Installation":

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of the game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit/xLODGen installation.

Also read all the other installation instructions. If reading is not your thing, watch either the GamerPoets video or the MO video from me. Both embedded into the description page.

Might I please beg a quick bit of help in my 2.96 Dyndolod Output for Skyrim SSE?

The attached screenshot shows the issue. I guess I'm missing something or load order is off? I've always used the same DYNDOLOD generation settings:, medium, 1024 tile and I don't touch the grids or anything.

I run in this order:

Spoiler

Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods

Majestic Mountains (Darkside),

Better Dynamic Snow 2.11

Cathedral Landscapes (asks to be loaded after M.Mountains)

Cathedral 3D Pine grass 

Nordic Snow

Realistic Water 2

Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE

Majestic Mountains Darkside LOD pack for Dyndolod 2.96

Skyrim 3D Trees & plants Billboards

Skyrim 3d Landscapes Billboards

TreeLOD Billboards for Bruma and Chanterelle.

I'd really appreciate a pointer as to where I likely mucked up. I'm not at all sure why the LOD caves in at this distance.  

Hope you might be able to spare the time to slap me and tell me what I might have missed.  Thank you!

LOD Wreck.jpg

Edited by Bluegunk

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

Might I please beg a quick bit of help in my 2.96 Dyndolod Output for Skyrim SSE?

The attached screenshot shows the issue. I guess I'm missing something or load order is off? I've always used the same DYNDOLOD generation settings:, medium, 1024 tile and I don't touch the grids or anything.

I run in this order:

Reveal hidden contents

I'd really appreciate a pointer as to where I likely mucked up. I'm not at all sure why the LOD caves in at this distance.  

Hope you might be able to spare the time to slap me and tell me what I might have missed.  Thank you!

LOD Wreck.jpg

increase the object LOD distances in the launcher, via BethINI or the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings.

I will just say it straight. I'm very stupid at modding, but I have an error that annoys me a little. I've wandered a bit over skyrim to most cities and been unable to see it anywhere else (thankfully), but onto the problem.
35CJfhs.jpg

There's this bugged gate near riften that spawns infront of the actual gate. It's like a lowquality gate you can pass right through. It also bugs the walls around this area  a bit too. The rest of the riften walls appear to be fine.

q4hiY7i.jpg
and behind it you can find the actual gate.
I have no mods that really should be touching the gates to this agree or mods like open cities. So i'm unsure why it happens. I assume its a long distant object that just refused to disappear when close and it creates this error. I downloaded dynDOLOD yesterday, so my version should be the newest and followed a guide on how to download and install it properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it. It may have to be explained like i'm 5, because i'm honestly not the best at modding. 

I posted this is the wrong one, but I don't know how to delete messages, I apologise, so i'm re-posting it here again as i've been told. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Tayte said:

I will just say it straight. I'm very stupid at modding, but I have an error that annoys me a little. I've wandered a bit over skyrim to most cities and been unable to see it anywhere else (thankfully), but onto the problem.

There's this bugged gate near riften that spawns infront of the actual gate. It's like a lowquality gate you can pass right through. It also bugs the walls around this area  a bit too. The rest of the riften walls appear to be fine.

I have no mods that really should be touching the gates to this agree or mods like open cities. So i'm unsure why it happens. I assume its a long distant object that just refused to disappear when close and it creates this error. I downloaded dynDOLOD yesterday, so my version should be the newest and followed a guide on how to download and install it properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it. It may have to be explained like i'm 5, because i'm honestly not the best at modding. 

I posted this is the wrong one, but I don't know how to delete messages, I apologise, so i'm re-posting it here again as i've been told. Thanks.

Make up your mind which DynDOLOD and game version you are using.

39 minutes ago, Tayte said:

DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

Install More Informative Console

Go inside the city. The same gate should be there as well and it is probably the source for the copy that can be seen outside.
Open console with ~ and click the gate. Let us know what it says for "Ref defined in" and the "Ref Form"

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: Some mods are made with disregard to generating LOD or require updated rules and configs for best compatibility. This is especially true with mods modifying the walled cities. Users are asked and welcome to provide feedback to https://stepmodifications.org/forum/forum/223-shesons-dyndolod-xlodgen/ in order to get everything working with as much compatibility as possible. Include a link to the mod and screenshots (with console / form id) about issues if possible. 

Install More Informative Console

Go inside the city. The same gate should be there as well and it is probably the source for the copy that can be seen outside.
Open console and click the gate. Let us know what it says for "Ref defined in" and the "Ref Form"

Ref defined in: DynDOLOD.esm
Ref form ID: 11001D5C
20210831121403_1.thumb.jpg.f4849bc164e3b5a396addd6f83136a50.jpg
The only mods I can think about that could be touching it would be Noble Skyrim, Skyrim HD or perhaps Ruby Ruins. The first two being more likely.
Thanks for the help and quick responses.

25 minutes ago, Tayte said:

Ref defined in: DynDOLOD.esm
Ref form ID: 11001D5C
20210831121403_1.thumb.jpg.f4849bc164e3b5a396addd6f83136a50.jpg
The only mods I can think about that could be touching it would be Noble Skyrim, Skyrim HD or perhaps Ruby Ruins. The first two being more likely.
Thanks for the help and quick responses.

This screenshot is still from outside the city no?

Go through the load door and click the full model of the gate to get its info.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

This screenshot is still from outside the city no?

Go through the load door and click the full model of the gate.

Oh my bad. I didn't know you wanted me to go inside, since I have no issues when I load inside. Everything seems perfectly fine there, but I will do it.
20210831123723_1.thumb.jpg.d9eff8285cd972836aa5f94fa09ec0d3.jpg
This is the inside of the loaded town.
Ref defined: skyrim.esm.
Ref form: 00042283

Sorry for the confusion.

12 minutes ago, Tayte said:

Oh my bad. I didn't know you wanted me to go inside, since I have no issues when I load inside. Everything seems perfectly fine there, but I will do it.
20210831123723_1.thumb.jpg.d9eff8285cd972836aa5f94fa09ec0d3.jpg
This is the inside of the loaded town.
Ref form: 00042283

Sorry for the confusion.

Click the gate structure (with the stones), not the door.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

Click the gate structure (with the stones), not the door.

unknown.png
Ref form: 00078ED8

Hopefully I did it correctly this time.  I don't think this door is modded, as I never attempted to change them.

Edited by Tayte

40 minutes ago, Tayte said:

Ref form: 00078ED8

Hopefully I did it correctly this time.  I don't think this door is modded, as I never attempted to change them.

Odd. That didn't bring the expected result. Please do this so we know for sure what the source for the extraneous LOD model is:

Load the load order in xEdit (SSEEdit).

Replace the first two digits of the reference form ID from the first outside screenshot (11001D5C -> xx001D5C) with the load order file ID of DynDOLOD.esm (The 2 digits in square brackets in front of the plugin name) in case it is not 11 anymore after loading into xEdit.

Enter the corrected reference form ID into the FormID field top left of xEdit and press Enter to bring up the data in the View window on the right.

Find the row Editor - Editor ID. The plugin column should display a pluginname_formid_DynDOLOD_something.

If the pluginname is DynDOLOD.esm, combine its load order file ID with that formid from the Editor ID to get a new corrected reference form ID to enter into the FormID field top left to check.

Let me know the final plugin and form id. Let me know if any instructions need more clarification.

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

Odd. That didn't bring the expected result. Please do this so we know for sure what the source for the extraneous LOD model is:

Load the load order in xEdit (SSEEdit).

Replace the first two digits of the reference form ID from the first outside screenshot (11001D5C -> xx001D5C) with the load order file ID of DynDOLOD.esm (The 2 digits in square brackets in front of the plugin name) in case it is not 11 anymore after loading into xEdit.

Enter the corrected reference form ID into the FormID field top left of xEdit and press Enter to bring up the data in the View window on the right.

Find the row Editor - Editor ID. The plugin column should display a pluginname_formid_DynDOLOD_something.

If the pluginname is DynDOLOD.esm, combine its load order file ID with that formid from the Editor ID to get a new corrected reference form ID to enter into the FormID field top left to check.

Let me know the final plugin and form id. Let me know if any instructions need more clarification.

Just to be sure. The 2 digits in brackets are these right? 56? It doesn''t seem to let me click enter, but I probably did it wrong.
image.thumb.png.3d661341b334704d8134b14fa8b2f403.png
image.png.ca3c76431c665a8eb43384003c09ca55.png
I'm not the sharpest.

Edited by Tayte