DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

13 minutes ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

Obviously, you never crossed such problem before and this is a new issue.

I doubt you know what I came across before and what I didn't.

8 minutes ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

And except the 64 system I have, I also have 64 GBs of RAM in my PC.
So, trust me, is not a memory issue.

I only trust log messages. Maybe look at them and follow their advice.

1 hour ago, lupus_hegemonia said:

And except the 64 system I have, I also have 64 GBs of RAM in my PC.
So, trust me, is not a memory issue.

I have 32 Gb RAM and found that DynDOLOD64 2.xx will consume all of it at times during generation. This was sometimes an issue for me under that version.

AFAIK, 64-bit apps will consume whatever memory they need, so there might be a memory issue if the app wants it. If Windows is not "system managed" with respect to pagefile on a drive suited to it (SSD with free space seems best), or if you don't have the proper 'manual' allocation, you might hit the ceiling.

Under DynDOLOD 3.00 alpha 33, this is no longer an issue for me. I found that increasing LODGenThreadSplit in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to my core # or just under (12/16 in my case) drastically reduced max memory usage on my system during generation.

With LODGenThreadSplit=12 on my system, I don't seem to use more than 6-ish Gb RAM during gen, but I would still get your pagefile set correctly if it isn't, particularly under 2.xx of DynDOLOD (assuming that the LODGenThreadSplit setting is not an option in that version).

5 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I have 32 Gb RAM and found that DynDOLOD64 2.xx will consume all of it at times during generation. This was sometimes an issue for me under that version.

AFAIK, 64-bit apps will consume whatever memory they need, so there might be a memory issue if the app wants it. If Windows is not "system managed" with respect to pagefile on a drive suited to it (SSD with free space seems best), or if you don't have the proper 'manual' allocation, you might hit the ceiling.

Under DynDOLOD 3.00 alpha 33, this is no longer an issue for me. I found that increasing LODGenThreadSplit in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to my core # or just under (12/16 in my case) drastically reduced max memory usage on my system during generation.

With LODGenThreadSplit=12 on my system, I don't seem to use more than 6-ish Gb RAM during gen, but I would still get your pagefile set correctly if it isn't, particularly under 2.xx of DynDOLOD (assuming that the LODGenThreadSplit setting is not an option in that version).

We only know there was an error while generating the object LOD atlas. The cause is unknown so far without the entire logfile and bugreport being posted.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, shalolaauthor said:

image.thumb.png.149fac73e66ee24e94ac52dec6e967a8.png

any idea on what happen? where is the usual things on top left? i do a fresh install of version 2.96 today and this happen. Please help me

Set Export=0 in the DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Hi there! I was using DynDOLOD with an ENB that required ELFX with the exterior addon. I ended up not liking the ENB and uninstalled it and am now trying to install a new one. However, this new ENB requires ELFX to be installed without the exterior addon, so I reinstalled ELFX without it. Now Vortex is telling me that DynDOLOD is missing the ELFX exteriors master file, which makes sense. But how do I fix it?

Edit: This is the ENB i want to use, if it helps: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35118

Edited by panzerzwerg

15 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:

Hi there! I was using DynDOLOD with an ENB that required ELFX with the exterior addon. I ended up not liking the ENB and uninstalled it and am now trying to install a new one. However, this new ENB requires ELFX to be installed without the exterior addon, so I reinstalled ELFX without it. Now Vortex is telling me that DynDOLOD is missing the ELFX exteriors master file, which makes sense. But how do I fix it?

Edit: This is the ENB i want to use, if it helps: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35118

Generate a new LOD mod from scratch.

Read "Updating" in the DynDOLOD_Manual.html

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

Generate a new LOD mod from scratch.

Read "Updating" in the DynDOLOD_Manual.html

Do i need to generate new textures with TexGen? I tried doing so but it tells me to uninstall the previous ones and idk how. 

4 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:

Do i need to generate new textures with TexGen? I tried doing so but it tells me to uninstall the previous ones and idk how. 

Installing and uninstalling of mods is handled by the mod manager you are using. Refer to its documentation.

If textures should be updated depends on if the load order changes affected any of the source textures that TexGen uses to create the object LOD textures.

Read DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_TexGen.html

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

Installing and uninstalling of mods is handled by the mod manager you are using. Refer to its documentation.

If textures should be updated depends on if the load order changes affected any of the source textures that TexGen uses to create the object LOD textures.

Read DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_TexGen.html

I did but it doesn't really help. When I first installed DynDOLOD I ran TexGen first and installed the generated files by just dropping them into the data folder, not by installing them as a file archive in a Mod Manager. How do I know if my load order changes affect the Tex Gen source textures? I assume it does because I removed the ELFX exteriors which where used the first time. Since I didn't use a mod manager for the texgen output, how do I uninstall them manually?

So what I need to do is generate new LODs for all worlds and install those as a fresh mod, aka DynDOLOD_output.rar, right? Do I keep or uninstall the existing one in the mod manager? 

9 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:

I did but it doesn't really help. When I first installed DynDOLOD I ran TexGen first and installed the generated files by just dropping them into the data folder, not by installing them as a file archive in a Mod Manager. How do I know if my load order changes affect the Tex Gen source textures? I assume it does because I removed the ELFX exteriors which where used the first time. Since I didn't use a mod manager for the texgen output, how do I uninstall them manually?

So what I need to do is generate new LODs for all worlds and install those as a fresh mod, aka DynDOLOD_output.rar, right? Do I keep or uninstall the existing one in the mod manager? 

If you are using a mod manager there should never be anything installed into the physical data folder. TexGen always generates the exact same folder and files into ..\Textures\ so you can probably just remove that and all subfolders. If unsure compare, compare folders/files names with the output that was installed as a mod.

Typically a user knows if TexGen needs to be updated, because old object LOD textures do not match different/new full textures anymore.
If unsure, then simply run TexGen to before running DynDOLOD.

Carefully read "Updating" in the manual, especially the part about creating a "clean save".
There should be no old TexGen in the load order when running TexGen. There should be no old DynDOLOD in the load order when generating from scratch.

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

If you are using a mod manager there should never be anything installed into the physical data folder. TexGen always generates the exact same folder and files into ..\Textures\ so you can probably just remove that and all subfolders. If unsure compare, compare folders/files names with the output that was installed as a mod.

Typically a user knows if TexGen needs to be updated, because old object LOD textures do not match different/new full textures anymore.
If unsure, then simply run TexGen to before running DynDOLOD.

Carefully read "Updating" in the manual, especially the part about creating a "clean save".
There should be no old TexGen in the load order when running TexGen. There should be no old DynDOLOD in the load order when generating from scratch.

Hmm I'm just more confused now. When I ran texgen for the 1st time,  i installed the output manually without a manager. However the DynDOLOD output, I did. I don't think I should delete the texture folder, it contains a lot of things? I no longer have the output of texgen since it was moved from the output path folder, not copied.

The problem is, I cannot run texgen as it wants me to uninstall the previously generated texgen output. So how Do I uninstall it manually? 

11 minutes ago, panzerzwerg said:

Hmm I'm just more confused now. When I ran texgen for the 1st time,  i installed the output manually without a manager. However the DynDOLOD output, I did. I don't think I should delete the texture folder, it contains a lot of things? I no longer have the output of texgen since it was moved from the output path folder, not copied.

The problem is, I cannot run texgen as it wants me to uninstall the previously generated texgen output. So how Do I uninstall it manually? 

There shouldn't be any other manually installed mods.  If there are other mods installed in the data folder you might want to fix that as well.

In case there are other mods with textures in the data folder, generate TexGen by ignoring the warning into the output folder to see what folders and files it creates specifically. Once all files TexGen generates have been removed form the physical data folder, also clear the output folder. Then run TexGen (this time there should be no warning) and install the output as a mod with the mod manager.