Landscapes - Cathedral Concept (by The Community)

TechAngel85

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I loaded up with the REALly Blended Roads option, and the 3d effect on the roads is quite impressive.

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 22.29.51.71.jpgThe Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 22.03.21.89.jpg

Blended --> REALly Blended

I've never like the lighting it causes. That picture says it all. The rocks shouldn't stand out that much against the landscape.

49 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've never like the lighting it causes. That picture says it all. The rocks shouldn't stand out that much against the landscape.

That's what I had figured was the case. It almost needs a darker texture for the 3d option, since it sticks out farther and hence receives more light.

42 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

That's what I had figured was the case. It almost needs a darker texture for the 3d option, since it sticks out farther and hence receives more light.

The better solution would be to compensate for it in the mesh so that all textures worked with it. That's how it should be, imo. One of the settings is probably just too high. This is easy to do as I did with with Radiant - Candles. The initial release had most the lights between 0.9-1.1 because I figured 1.0 would be "default" and a good base. I was wrong because the ENB settings I was having to turn them far too low to compensate. They now all set at 0.7.

It is possible that it's parent mod, Blended Roads, which has since received additiional updates since the inclusion in this mod, may provide improvement upon this. If not, the permissions are Cathedral, so it probably wouldn't be an issue to tweak it and release as a separate addition.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:58 PM, DoubleYou said:

It is possible that it's parent mod, Blended Roads, which has since received additiional updates since the inclusion in this mod, may provide improvement upon this. If not, the permissions are Cathedral, so it probably wouldn't be an issue to tweak it and release as a separate addition.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:52 PM, z929669 said:

Agree that the mesh should compensate and that this is another candidate for a mod we could release for our own selfish benefit that happens to also benefit the community.

I would go with DY's idea of trying Blended Roads installed overtop Cathedral. I honestly don't know why they're not updating Cathedral Landscapes. It's needed a "maintenance update" for a very long time now.

5 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I would go with DY's idea of trying Blended Roads installed overtop Cathedral. I honestly don't know why they're not updating Cathedral Landscapes. It's needed a "maintenance update" for a very long time now.

Yeah, I think we should test this and include it in 2.0.0 if no issues. I will do that in my setup.

Hopefully, we are recommending grass distance/fade/density settings will be handled by NGIO, so that all other settings are overridden. Then we can omit the grass INI instructions in this mod's recommendations and the plethora of other potential mods we may or may not use in the future.

I vote to eliminate these instructions and simplify with NGIO unification.

If we do so, we will need to create version-specific mod recommendations for this one and any others that have INI overrides for grass (exactly why we should be using NGIO ... I don't want to manage grass from a bunch of different mods in addition to the game INIs)

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Hopefully, we are recommending grass distance/fade/density settings will be handled by NGIO, so that all other settings are overridden. Then we can omit the grass INI instructions in this mod's recommendations and the plethora of other potential mods we may or may not use in the future.

If we do so, we will need to create version-specific mod recommendations for this one and any others that have INI overrides for grass (exactly why we should be using NGIO ... I don't want to manage grass from a bunch of different mods in addition to the game INIs)

I'm fine with that. If we need any specific INI settings maintained, we can do so by including our own with with Patches.

56 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Affirmative, we NEED to use NGIO to set the appropriate values. We can simply remove the info on editing that INI. A lot of the Cathedral mods abuse plugin INI functionality, and many of their settings won't even get applied because they only work in SkyrimPrefs.ini :dry:.

• 1 month later...

We're now providing adjustments to the grass lighting, which is specific to the "Brown Tundra" option. Users installing the Green option will likely find the colors off with our adjustments. For these reasons, the instructions should no longer allow deviation from our instructions. Agree/disagree?

32 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

We're now providing adjustments to the grass lighting, which is specific to the "Brown Tundra" option. Users installing the Green option will likely find the colors off with our adjustments. For these reasons, the instructions should no longer allow deviation from our instructions. Agree/disagree?

I entirely agree.