TechAngel85

Landscapes - Cathedral Concept (by The Community)

Discussion topic:
Cathedral Landscapes by The Community
Wiki Link

This is a mod that overhauls the grass and landscapes of Skyrim SE. It's grass is optimized compared to other grass mods in that the vertices have been reduce, thus providing a performance advantage vs other similar mods. It also comes coupled with landscape textures specifically designed to blend well with the grasses. Due to the design of the grass being affected by lighting it's specifically designed for use with Cathedral Weathers and Seasons to achieve the designed outcome, however, it has been reported to work well with other weather mods as well.

I downloaded it and added it Mod Picker, but I haven't had time to install it yet.

EDIT: Your mod link is for Bonki Riverside Cottage for Skyrim LE so I updated it to point to the mod on Nexus Skyrim Special Edition. The Mod Picker link should be live as soon as Mator approves it.

I have it install as recommended with Obsidian Weathers and Seasons. I'm very curious to give it a good run through, but it covers a lot for one mod so there's a lot to check out. I think there are a few textures I prefer from other mods from my quick look. I'm overwriting it with Just Ice, for example, and its moss on rocks is a bit too green for my liking too. There's no way it should be that green.

I had a bit longer of a run around with this one installed in a more vanilla environment (still had recommended mods installed) and I've got to say that I'm impressed. Impressed enough that I'm going to put it into my Pack. There's only a few small issues that can easily be ignored or worked out with overwrites or by hiding textures. All-in-all it's very well done. The distant terrain is also impressive in how it flows with the grass colors. Granted some of the textures are an offshoot from vanilla, but the coloring and style is close enough that I don't think anyone would be bothered too much by the changes.

Mod Picker entry approved, added image as well.  I haven't tried this yet but I've heard nothing but good things.

I had a bit longer of a run around with this one installed in a more vanilla environment (still had recommended mods installed) and I've got to say that I'm impressed. Impressed enough that I'm going to put it into my Pack. There's only a few small issues that can easily be ignored or worked out with overwrites or by hiding textures. All-in-all it's very well done. The distant terrain is also impressive in how it flows with the grass colors. Granted some of the textures are an offshoot from vanilla, but the coloring and style is close enough that I don't think anyone would be bothered too much by the changes.

I do find this to be quite refreshing grass mod that has come around, performance aint shabby either.

How are you handling overwrites and hiding with SRO ( if you are still keeping it in your modpack ) ?

I do find this to be quite refreshing grass mod that has come around, performance aint shabby either.

How are you handling overwrites and hiding with SRO ( if you are still keeping it in your modpack ) ?

I let this mod overwrite SRO.

Also the mod seems to have been renamed from "Landscapes - Cathedral Concept" to "Cathedral Landscapes".

Fixed all, thanks

That's because the name of the mod was updated, thus, I updated it here. Check Nexus, it's "Cathedral Landscapes". Well, I'm not fixing things I've already fixed so if something has been undone, Z, you'll need to redo it...

That's because the name of the mod was updated, thus, I updated it here. Check Nexus, it's "Cathedral Landscapes". Well, I'm not fixing things I've already fixed so if something has been undone, Z, you'll need to redo it...

Huh? It's "Cathedral Landscapes" on Nexus and in the Guide. Mod page was "Landscapes - Cathedral Concept" as is this thread name, so wiki is consistent with Nexus now. Just need to change this Topic name (optional).

I loaded up with the REALly Blended Roads option, and the 3d effect on the roads is quite impressive.

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 22.29.51.71.jpgThe Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.10.11 - 22.03.21.89.jpg

Blended --> REALly Blended