Failure to install Project Nevada and UIO (Error Code 5)

6ftninja

Question

I am a new modder and attempting to follow the "Fear and Loathing" guide to optimize my New Vegas experience. It was doing great until I went to install the this "Project Nevada" mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/40040/?tab=files with Mod Organizer 2. It downloaded just fine but upon double clicking it to install with the rest of my mods I got the error message in the image I have attached.

post-13510-0-84661200-1543373120_thumb.png

Please help.

Edited by 6ftninja

5 answers to this question

I suspect you didn't unblock the Mod Organizer archive before you extracted the files so now everything is blocked. To resolve this, open the Mod Organizer folder in Windows explorer, right click on every *.exe and *.dll (one file at a time), click Properties, click Unblock, click OK, and proceed to the next file.

I suspect you didn't unblock the Mod Organizer archive before you extracted the files so now everything is blocked. To resolve this, open the Mod Organizer folder in Windows explorer, right click on every *.exe and *.dll (one file at a time), click Properties, click Unblock, click OK, and proceed to the next file.

I just tried this and unfortunately got the same result as before.