xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

This is caused by the mod Annex the Commonwealth which erroneously adds the HasDistantLOD flag and relevant full models to the static records for workshop borders. This issue is fixed automatically if you use my FOLIP Synthesis patcher. Otherwise, you will need to disable this mod for lodgen.

You're amazing, and now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense! hopefully if others are googling for the same problem they can now benefit from this as well! :)

Edited by kellieatthelab

I must have done something in my load order but i dont know what. The snow in world map and only in world map looks kinda gray.

Anyone know what could be the reason? Im using Solas Weathers with EVC patch, ACMOS and A clear map of skyrim plugin, its sunny day at 9 am. Im also using cathedral landscapes, a simplicity of snow and vertex color fixes. When i compare my xlodgen tamriel.32 output to vanilla tamriel.32 i see my output is much darker. Why is that, when i use default settings for xlodgen? I want the snow on world map look roughly like the snow on the decals, ie. nordic temples as you can see.

asd.jpg

26 minutes ago, RainingTacco said:

I must have done something in my load order but i dont know what. The snow in world map and only in world map looks kinda gray.

Anyone know what could be the reason? Im using Solas Weathers with EVC patch, ACMOS and A clear map of skyrim plugin, its sunny day at 9 am. Im also using cathedral landscapes, a simplicity of snow and vertex color fixes. When i compare my xlodgen tamriel.32 output to vanilla tamriel.32 i see my output is much darker. Why is that, when i use default settings for xlodgen? I want the snow on world map look roughly like the snow on the decals, ie. nordic temples as you can see.

asd.jpg

If you are using Cathedral Landscapes, and you enabled the temporary xLODGen-specific textures for terrain generation and then forgot to disable that piece before DynDOLOD object LODGen, then you can get this issue. Unfortunately, you will need to disable that piece and rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD again. Terrain should be fine though.

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

If you are using Cathedral Landscapes, and you enabled the temporary xLODGen-specific textures for terrain generation and then forgot to disable that piece before DynDOLOD object LODGen, then you can get this issue. Unfortunately, you will need to disable that piece and rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD again. Terrain should be fine though.

I dont use these additional textures for generating lod. 

I also use noise.dds from Solas weathers which is much brighter than cathedral giving me nice bright lod 4/8/16 without increasing gamma to 1.25. So you are telling me that cathedral landscapes has too dark textures for lod generation? This really suck, maybe there's a way to just generate terrain.32? 

1 hour ago, RainingTacco said:

asd.jpg

This is caused by not activating Cathedral Landscapes' "LODGEN Textures for v3" miscellaneous file for use with xLODGen.

I was using xLODGenx64 to create my LODs and it was going fine, up until about 20 minutes in and it just suddenly stopped with an 'Operation Aborted', and I have no idea why. I have attached the bug report in hopes someone could figure out what went wrong.

bugreport.txt

Edited by Tykune

2 hours ago, Tykune said:

I was using xLODGenx64 to create my LODs and it was going fine, up until about 20 minutes in and it just suddenly stopped with an 'Operation Aborted', and I have no idea why. I have attached the bug report in hopes someone could figure out what went wrong.

bugreport.txt 55.43 kB · 3 downloads

Let us know if the test version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-97-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/?do=findComment&comment=267397 works for you 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Hey man, still having trouble getting this to create an occlusion.esp.

Tried with -sse -edit -o "D:\Mods\MO\mods\Output Terrain & ACMOS"

With edit, without edit, but still doesn't create occlusion. Any ideas? This is so odd.

It was "fixed" last post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-97-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/?do=findComment&comment=267022

Post the log when making problem reports.

The -o command line argument is wrong and also seems to set a path into a mod manager folder.

From the first post:
Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod. Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86.

Notice the : after -o

xEdit/xLODGen save plugins to the data folder.