Jump to content

xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 97 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE


sheson
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, sheson said:

It was "fixed" last post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-97-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/?do=findComment&comment=267022

Post the log when making problem reports.

The -o command line argument is wrong and also seems to set a path into a mod manager folder.

From the first post:
Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Then install output as a mod. Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86.

Notice the : after -o

xEdit/xLODGen save plugins to the data folder.

Hey, did this & still no luck. Jw7rni0.png

https://we.tl/t-uBs89w8BNL

 

bugreport.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Download the latest xLODGen beta 97 from first post. Unpack it into a new and empty folder.

Click the X top right after the log said "LOD generation complete" to close the program. Occlusion.esp should be saved to the data folder (MO2 Overwrite if no occlusion.esp existed before)

If this does not change anything, remove c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings to a backup location and try again.

If this still does not work, start xLODGen without MO2 and see if it can save the Occlsuion.esp to real data folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Desecrate said:

is there a way to revert my game folder back to the way it was?

xLODGen doesn't write to or alter your "game folder". It reads the data and writes to its own folder in the application.

Please refer to the OP for details on installing and running xLODGen. It's not clear what your issue is, since you haven't included info or examples, so we can only guess your issues are related to improper installation/use, which is specified in the OP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, sheson said:

Download the latest xLODGen beta 97 from first post. Unpack it into a new and empty folder.

Click the X top right after the log said "LOD generation complete" to close the program. Occlusion.esp should be saved to the data folder (MO2 Overwrite if no occlusion.esp existed before)

If this does not change anything, remove c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings to a backup location and try again.

If this still does not work, start xLODGen without MO2 and see if it can save the Occlsuion.esp to real data folder.

Hey, tried every step, no luck, but I also got this when trying the "straight from the folder w/o MO2" step: qhevaUY.png

 

Edit Scripts.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, tried every step, no luck, but I also got this when trying the "straight from the folder w/o MO2" step: 

Rename xLODGen.exe to [game mode]LODGen.exe (TES5LODGen.exe for example) or start with command line parameter -fnv, -fo3, -fo4, -fo4vr, -tes5, tes5vr, -sse, -enderal, -enderalse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sheson said:

Rename xLODGen.exe to [game mode]LODGen.exe (TES5LODGen.exe for example) or start with command line parameter -fnv, -fo3, -fo4, -fo4vr, -tes5, tes5vr, -sse, -enderal, -enderalse

Ahh, this worked. So, how do I get this to work with all my mods?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Ahh, this worked. So, how do I get this to work with all my mods?

Seems unlikely that a plugin causes this, but make a test profile with no mods to see if it is MO2 or a plugin or whatever else is added by MO2 to the virtual data folder.
Enable MO2 debug log so it logs all file accesses and then search it for Occlusion.esp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, sheson said:

Seems unlikely that a plugin causes this, but make a test profile with no mods to see if it is MO2 or a plugin or whatever else is added by MO2 to the virtual data folder.
Enable MO2 debug log so it logs all file accesses and then search it for Occlusion.esp.

Hey, so this worked. I've attached the debug file. Trying this with other mods to see if we can find a reason this stops creating. I've found the culprit! Skyrim Extended Cut - Saints and Seducers. Try it out and see if you get the same problem. I tested my entire LO without this mod, and it works. With this enabled, doesn't.

usvfs-2023-01-28_02-30-58.log

Edited by mattski123
updating with knowledge of what mod is causing the grief.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a very strange problem that I have troubleshooted to the best of my own amateur ability with very limited success. Hopefully someone here may know what is causing this or can help track the solution down.

To start with, I used TESAnnwyn to convert a DEM into an ESP for Fallout 4. The terrain cells load in the game and in the CK without issue, so my next step was to generate an initial batch of distant terrain LODs. The CK takes forever and tends to crash before it finishes the job, so when I found xLODGen recently, I installed it (version 97) and gave it a try. I'm still a relative newb to a lot of this, but I read through all the documentation and feel confident I was doing it right. I generated some terrain LODs and placed them into the proper subfolders in the Data folder... but when I loaded up the game or the CK, only the 16x and 32x LODs appeared, the 4x and 8x LODs don't show up.

I tried re-running xLODGen several times, adjusting various settings, but nothing changed; the 4x & 8x LODs were "invisible" in-game and in the CK. They show up as generated in the logfile and all the 4x & 8x .BTR files have data in them (they're not all 0K). Eventually I got the idea to load some of them up in Nifskope... and that's where I made a breakthrough of sorts. All of my 4x and 8x LODs are missing their Z data. Every vertex has a "Z inf" coordinate and if I click into the Z coordinate, it converts it to "Z 1000000.0000". It is like this for ALL of the 4x and 8x LODs I sampled (I couldn't test all of them, but I did sample them randomly), while all of my 16x and 32x LODs have normal Z coordinate data.

I did a search and couldn't find this issue elsewhere here in the forums or anywhere else on the Web. I don't know if this is an issue with xLODGen, with my ESP, or some fateful combination of the two. I am attaching my logfile here for reference, but I can also upload screenshots of what I'm describing above and/or I can make my ESP available if either would help. Or if there's anything you want me to try or more info you want me to give, please let me know.

FO4LODGen_log.txt

Edited by Zedwimer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Zedwimer said:

I have a very strange problem that I have troubleshooted to the best of my own amateur ability with very limited success. Hopefully someone here may know what is causing this or can help track the solution down.

To start with, I used TESAnnwyn to convert a DEM into an ESP for Fallout 4. The terrain cells load in the game and in the CK without issue, so my next step was to generate an initial batch of distant terrain LODs. The CK takes forever and tends to crash before it finishes the job, so when I found xLODGen recently, I installed it (version 97) and gave it a try. I'm still a relative newb to a lot of this, but I read through all the documentation and feel confident I was doing it right. I generated some terrain LODs and placed them into the proper subfolders in the Data folder... but when I loaded up the game or the CK, only the 16x and 32x LODs appeared, the 4x and 8x LODs don't show up.

I tried re-running xLODGen several times, adjusting various settings, but nothing changed; the 4x & 8x LODs were "invisible" in-game and in the CK. They show up as generated in the logfile and all the 4x & 8x .BTR files have data in them (they're not all 0K). Eventually I got the idea to load some of them up in Nifskope... and that's where I made a breakthrough of sorts. All of my 4x and 8x LODs are missing their Z data. Every vertex has a "Z inf" coordinate and if I click into the Z coordinate, it converts it to "Z 1000000.0000". It is like this for ALL of the 4x and 8x LODs I sampled (I couldn't test all of them, but I did sample them randomly), while all of my 16x and 32x LODs have normal Z coordinate data.

I did a search and couldn't find this issue elsewhere here in the forums or anywhere else on the Web. I don't know if this is an issue with xLODGen, with my ESP, or some fateful combination of the two. I am attaching my logfile here for reference, but I can also upload screenshots of what I'm describing above and/or I can make my ESP available if either would help. Or if there's anything you want me to try or more info you want me to give, please let me know.

FO4LODGen_log.txt 2.71 MB · 0 downloads

You may gain some insights if you refer to DoubleYou's guide for FO4 LODGen while you await sheson's assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You may gain some insights if you refer to DoubleYou's guide for FO4 LODGen while you await sheson's assistance.

Thanks, I looked through it before but I'll check it out again in case I missed anything.

One thing I didn't mention (but was implied) is that I'm creating an entirely new worldspace and not using the Commonwealth or any other DLC worldspaces. Also at this stage I haven't placed ANY objects/trees/etc. in the worldspace, I'm dealing with raw terrain only. Not sure if that helps or not.

Edited by Zedwimer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zedwimer said:

I have a very strange problem that I have troubleshooted to the best of my own amateur ability with very limited success. Hopefully someone here may know what is causing this or can help track the solution down.

To start with, I used TESAnnwyn to convert a DEM into an ESP for Fallout 4. The terrain cells load in the game and in the CK without issue, so my next step was to generate an initial batch of distant terrain LODs. The CK takes forever and tends to crash before it finishes the job, so when I found xLODGen recently, I installed it (version 97) and gave it a try. I'm still a relative newb to a lot of this, but I read through all the documentation and feel confident I was doing it right. I generated some terrain LODs and placed them into the proper subfolders in the Data folder... but when I loaded up the game or the CK, only the 16x and 32x LODs appeared, the 4x and 8x LODs don't show up.

I tried re-running xLODGen several times, adjusting various settings, but nothing changed; the 4x & 8x LODs were "invisible" in-game and in the CK. They show up as generated in the logfile and all the 4x & 8x .BTR files have data in them (they're not all 0K). Eventually I got the idea to load some of them up in Nifskope... and that's where I made a breakthrough of sorts. All of my 4x and 8x LODs are missing their Z data. Every vertex has a "Z inf" coordinate and if I click into the Z coordinate, it converts it to "Z 1000000.0000". It is like this for ALL of the 4x and 8x LODs I sampled (I couldn't test all of them, but I did sample them randomly), while all of my 16x and 32x LODs have normal Z coordinate data.

I did a search and couldn't find this issue elsewhere here in the forums or anywhere else on the Web. I don't know if this is an issue with xLODGen, with my ESP, or some fateful combination of the two. I am attaching my logfile here for reference, but I can also upload screenshots of what I'm describing above and/or I can make my ESP available if either would help. Or if there's anything you want me to try or more info you want me to give, please let me know.

FO4LODGen_log.txt 2.71 MB · 0 downloads

Sounds like an issue with LODGenx64.exe.

I will need the LAWasteland.LOD file and a plugin with the CELL/LAND data so I can replicate. Send download information as a PM if needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Zedwimer said:

Thanks, I looked through it before but I'll check it out again in case I missed anything.

One thing I didn't mention (but was implied) is that I'm creating an entirely new worldspace and not using the Commonwealth or any other DLC worldspaces. Also at this stage I haven't placed ANY objects/trees/etc. in the worldspace, I'm dealing with raw terrain only. Not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks for the plugin.

What is happening is that the z values for LOD4/8 exceed the half float min/max of -/+65504. It works for LOD 16/32 because the values are scaled by the LOD level.

Download this test version https://mega.nz/file/EM4F3K5J#nGjW6CEhpmzBRr4h43v8Q3EFzcqJGnZqx9e3uufDvnM of LODGenx64.exe and replace the existing one in the Edit Script folder. For now it will simply set full precision for the vertices if the z values are out of the supported range.

You might want to check everything in the game works with z values beyond -32000/+32000, especially navmeshes, activators, trigger boxes etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks for the plugin.

What is happening is that the z values for LOD4/8 exceed the half float min/max of -/+65504. It works for LOD 16/32 because the values are scaled by the LOD level.

Download this test version https://mega.nz/file/EM4F3K5J#nGjW6CEhpmzBRr4h43v8Q3EFzcqJGnZqx9e3uufDvnM of LODGenx64.exe and replace the existing one in the Edit Script folder. For now it will simply set full precision for the vertices if the z values are out of the supported range.

You might want to check everything in the game works with z values beyond -32000/+32000, especially navmeshes, activators, trigger boxes etc.

Thank you sheson! I'll give it a test today and let you know the outcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks for the plugin.

What is happening is that the z values for LOD4/8 exceed the half float min/max of -/+65504. It works for LOD 16/32 because the values are scaled by the LOD level.

Download this test version https://mega.nz/file/EM4F3K5J#nGjW6CEhpmzBRr4h43v8Q3EFzcqJGnZqx9e3uufDvnM of LODGenx64.exe and replace the existing one in the Edit Script folder. For now it will simply set full precision for the vertices if the z values are out of the supported range.

You might want to check everything in the game works with z values beyond -32000/+32000, especially navmeshes, activators, trigger boxes etc.

Success! The initial in-game & CK "visual" tests check out:

image.thumb.jpeg.e84f340cb583008dc73013b80ad59e59.jpeg  

image.thumb.jpeg.8dd971364c2bae915113e094c4e4b7b4.jpeg

So far, everything looks good. But now I'll test out everything else you mentioned (navmeshes, activators, trigger boxes, etc.) and I'll let you know how those go as well.

Thank you so much sheson!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.